Hanlin

Laughing Skull Implementations.

I'm going to start this off and get into the matters I believe that are troublesome on laughing skull.

I believe Laughing skull population peaked right before seasonal release / BFA release. Ever since, the population has been dwindling down into an uncontrollable spiral. GMs & Developers their selves had said, "Laughing skull as a whole is unstable." I agree, Laughing Skull is unstable. I think the gap for FFA PvP should be changed rather than adding a system that fucks over anyone in their main city causing them to be separated in the guild they've been apart of their entire ascension career, not to mention there is few builds that strive at level 20, and when I was at this point, I was god awful at the game. I lost nearly every piece of gear I had--back on sargeras-- I wanted to quit, but thankfully I had not. Before this gets very off topic, I will allow myself to get back on track. I often find myself standing in org looking for something to do. So I go to Stormwind to find the same thing. I try to enter BGs but it gets old, knowing who will kill you and who you will kill. There is no competition in battleground when players are not on an equal playing field. 1v1 Zones are the best thing I've seen on the server so far; although, it is very buggy as well. The crow's chest won't spawn in 1v1 Zones I believe? Something along that matter. It's sad to say the past few day's I've seen more people active and it's because of the Coren Direbrew daily--More pvp outside org atleast-- and allowing people to do their daily dungeon with the convenience of teleporting to only that said dungeon is great. 

What would I do? How would I change things?

Crow's chest has nearly died off. Most people are often able to get it naked, solo, and there is no point to bring a group because the chance of gear is one of the few things: Very bad; not worth auction house; already obtained; or finally, not expensive enough to sell into a group split. This in it's self is a bad way to start drama, although most of the loot did not come from the crow's. It came from the pvp which was very good and fun while it lasted. But now only new guilds are the people going for the crow's. Us veterans come to an ultimatum, "Should we control the crow's? Keep these new guilds who can't raid from progressing as a whole? Or should we allow our greed filled intentions take over for chances at that one expensive item that very rarely comes from Crow's Cache." If we control them entirely, eventually other guilds will fall off, we've seen it with Warmonger Clan, Goodfellas, and many others. 

I would consider a whole revamp on Crow's entirely, there has been rumors for Nefarian only items--ashkandi, nelth's tear, etc--drop in the world . Honestly, I think this is the worst idea. I would much rather see it get implemented into more group scenarios, allowing people to play with their friends. This is why PvE is more prominent than PvP on Laughing Skull, and Ascension entirely... To get the gist of everything, I am saying to add more things for daily activity, hourly activity etc, expand the chances of getting an item you need. Instead of adding Nefarian only drops to the world, add them to things like Crow's or very rare chance of obtaining them from Daily Quests that are not obtainable inside the city. One Daily has brought a lot of activity in its self back to Laughing Skull. I praise the creators & ideas of Coren Direbrew. But we need more content rather than new PvE releases, even though, AQ is so far scripted great. We can't wait for more. There has to be more

Now that Dailies are on the table? What would be the exact rewards?

I would find it best in ascension's interest to implement things to obtain orbs; Certain RE's that are good for some specs which allows people to use their orbs. Starter gear which was once great, (T1 & Non-shitty ZG epics such as things from Hakkar), of course with the rare chance of getting T2, and even rarer chance of obtaining current raid tier (Nef Items, AQ 20, but not AQ 40 until Naxx is close..) Mystic Runes, orb shards--WHICH SHOULD BE MADE TRADEABLE INSTEAD OF HAVING TO DEATHTRADE, MY BIGGEST PET PEEVE--I seen @Traxx post about Dailies. I completely agree with some idea's. Although some not so much.

In conclusion, I would like to see steps in the right direction and would appreciate any criticism / feedback anyone has to offer. I hope to drag a lot of attention with this posts and have people expand off of said Ideas.

Edited by Hanlin

"""There is no competition in battleground when players are not on an equal playing field. 1v1 Zones are the best thing I've seen on the server so far; although, it is very buggy as well. The crow's chest won't spawn in 1v1 Zones I believe? Something along that matter."""I would consider a whole revamp on Crow's entirely, there has been rumors for Nefarian only items--ashkandi, nelth's tear, etc--drop in the world . Honestly, I think this is the worst idea. I would much rather see it get implemented into more group scenarios,""""

I agree with this statement. 1v1 are the best added so far. Though crows not spawning in them is a good thing as 2 friends could combat each other and loot chest without interruption. I feel as though 50%-75% of zones should become 1v1 zones. If not all. And when a crows chest spawns in one of those zones, it become FFA pvp for the time limit. If you force BiS items into crows chest from Nef, it will become a guild zerg of 10 players with no groups of 3-5 having a chance in hell so I agree with that. Crows should however, stop dropping useless epics and remove the chance to not have any epics at all. Going through the effort to loot a crows chest and get zero epic items is irritating and a waste time.

"""I would find it best in ascension's interest to implement things to obtain orbs; Certain RE's that are good for some specs which allows people to use their orbs. """

Yes please for the love of god add a new way to get orbs. This is not Andorhal. Not everyone keeps the REs that they get. It is frustrating and mind numbing to have to farm orbs to put on gear you will just lose if you go out with it and end up ganked. 

Overall, good post and i agree with it.

TBH this would be great if this was added that means there would be a reason to get on besides to raid now a days when you see the top tier players on normal they will do a bg or two and log or they are going to raid. as of right now the only reason i log is to see if bgs are going if not i do my daily and log off. If there was more daily's that means more people will be on more people trying to do them and more world pvp. If this was put into the game it would make the server thrive again and be great to play on. 10/10 post

Great Post, I would also like to see the dev team do a poll and see what gear people actually want in Crow's Chest. Cuz the feeling of getting shitty MC/ZG Epics that I legit cant even sell feels really bad. Your asking us to "risk" a full set of BiS gear (at least <Yikes> goes into world with full BiS, I cant speak for other guilds) for something thats not worth it. Make it worth it.

+1

15 hours ago, Hanlin said:

Crow's chest has nearly died off. Most people are often able to get it naked, solo, and there is no point to bring a group because the chance of gear is one of the few things: Very bad; not worth auction house; already obtained; or finally, not expensive enough to sell into a group split. This in it's self is a bad way to start drama, although most of the loot did not come from the crow's. It came from the pvp which was very good and fun while it lasted. But now only new guilds are the people going for the crow's. Us veterans come to an ultimatum, "Should we control the crow's? Keep these new guilds who can't raid from progressing as a whole? Or should we allow our greed filled intentions take over for chances at that one expensive item that very rarely comes from Crow's Cache." If we control them entirely, eventually other guilds will fall off, we've seen it with Warmonger Clan, Goodfellas, and many others. 

I would consider a whole revamp on Crow's entirely, there has been rumors for Nefarian only items--ashkandi, nelth's tear, etc--drop in the world . Honestly, I think this is the worst idea. I would much rather see it get implemented into more group scenarios, allowing people to play with their friends. This is why PvE is more prominent than PvP on Laughing Skull, and Ascension entirely... To get the gist of everything, I am saying to add more things for daily activity, hourly activity etc, expand the chances of getting an item you need. Instead of adding Nefarian only drops to the world, add them to things like Crow's or very rare chance of obtaining them from Daily Quests that are not obtainable inside the city. One Daily has brought a lot of activity in its self back to Laughing Skull. I praise the creators & ideas of Coren Direbrew. But we need more content rather than new PvE releases, even though, AQ is so far scripted great. We can't wait for more. There has to be more

Chance for Nef / AQ loot in the added daily quest would be really nice.
Crow´s cache is in need of a total rework. I personally think that Crow´s cache should be a hugh reward for the players out in the world not something you ´´log on, Portal group attack´´ 
I think Crow´s cache is a very good event and fun. But it does not promote wpvp very good. Thats why i want to scale it down for small scale wpvp and then add another event that could promote big weekly group fights.

My idea of Crow´s Cache is a chest with huge reward! not something you want to share if you are greedy :) And i want to reward the players in the world.
So here is just a idea i have of a new Crow´s cache.
People in the current zone gets a messge that Crow´s will spawn in 5min. This will allow players to run mount up and run from end to end in the big zones.
After the 5min the chest spawn and a world message appear letting everyone know that crow´s cache have spawned.  That way people in cities can try their luck if they decide to go hunt for it ? or maybe its already looted?  Worth to take the risk and go since you can hit the jackpot!
Also crow´s cache should be fillede with gear. like 4 items from top tier raid.. so its worth to take the risk? Anyway this is just a idea i just got. Let me hear what you think.

Very nice post Hanlin. I agree with alot of the points. +1!

they just need to add more *things to do*: dailys\ small crows\ more bgs\ neverending cta\ arena\ some kind of events (no as bad as el. Invasion). literally anything will be an improvement on this point 

Edited by ritzu