Sign in to follow this  
ManeaGeo

Hit/Attack table questions

There are a series of old articles on this subject and I'm curious how it's done here.

Is it a single die roll for auto-attacks and two rolls(first the miss roll then the crit roll) for melee attacks?

Look into the 3.3.5 hit table, its the same with the exception of "Crushing Blows" I think they're called.

They can't be avoided, and theirs probably a multiplier on the damage but I can't remember

Thought as much. I had a build that theoretically was arround 85ish to active 100% miss+dodge+parry+block and was ok on mob auto-attack. But abilities seemed to ignore dodge and parry. Was conducting SCIENCE but it failed and wanted to see other opinions / observations.

I'm pretty sure there's only one roll going on, and that there's no difference between auto-attacks and specials.

If you're testing the attack table vs mobs, keep in mind that:

1) Level difference is a factor
2) There are abilities that go through avoidance (fierce blow)
3) The tooltip numbers for avoidance don't factor in diminishing returns