skyblast12

EXP RATE POLL

EXP RATES  

132 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer toward increased EXP rates?

• No increased EXP rates
    • Increase EXP rates
    • Double EXP weekends?
    • Other (comment?)

Honestly, People keep complaining about the server. and I will agree that some things because of what the server is, needs some adjustments. But we're playing a progressive WOW server. This means it's meant to take a bit of time to play through, If we make everything so easy then whats the point of even going through the progression? 

Keep suggestions to Improvement and not ease,  IMO

Edited by kalel78
Fixed some grammar mistakes?

I don't get the point of leveling up to this date. I mean, yeah, first time maybe, as a kind of tutorial, why not. 

But this game exists since 2004, we got it. We all leveled a shitload of times and we understand the game. It is, by all means, pointless.

The problem is (and I don't know first hand if this is the case for this server) that WOW players cry and complain about every little damn thing and the people developing the server (this includes retail wow)  Give into these gripes. Thus bastardizing the game and what its meant to be. There are tons of people who play on lots of private servers that are "Bliz Like" x1 XP rate. and on the other side of the coin, There are those instant max level servers.

Point is That the Staff/Devs/Owners need to have a Direction and a Vision for what the server is. It's clear that this is meant to be progressive, And frankly, thats, why I am here for their custom "classless" design and to progress, threw The Vanilla Content and then beyond with that System.

If you don't like progressing through it find a 255 server those are pretty fun. 

All i am saying is, that leveling in a game that is 11 years old, is pointless.

I like the progression aspect when it comes to gear, content and everything else. But leveling is a boring process in a 11 year old game, there is no way in hell someone actually stops playing the game thinking "Nah man, i can't take this leveling, it's just too hard". 

You either just do it, spend a shitload of time throughout this boring grind or you just say "Fck it, not gonna bother with that".

Im on your side when it comes to everything else though, i am not asking for better dropchances or higher rates in everything else. Only on this outdated process called leveling.

I loved the leveling experience. The dumbing down of leveling content is part of why I've quit live wow. Increase the XP rate and I'll tire of this server, too.

1 minute ago, Skribs said:

I loved the leveling experience. The dumbing down of leveling content is part of why I've quit live wow. Increase the XP rate and I'll tire of this server, too.

Make it optional. You can level for the next 5 years if you want to, go right ahead. 

But forcing that onto everybody else, just because you enjoy it, is somewhat strange to be honest.

Sargeras has an option for x1 leveling, yes? In the case that Andorhal gets a higher exp rate that x1 option could be easily ported too right? Could even bring over that Resolute title, though it loses a lot of meaning without the hardcore elements.

Regardless of that though, I've found the x1 process to not be quite as bad as I remembered it. It's still a grueling grind but since I now know all the zones and their proper levels and quests I can make it through at a decent pace while still having fun with all the blue drops and such. I would definitely appreciate an experience rate increase for my alts though, and I feel like exp weekends are a great way to do it. Retail has had similar events in the past and they've been great opportunities to level alts.

You could also add in heirlooms. I know they are a much despised mechanic but they are an effective way to keep the initial leveling intact while still offering a compromise for alt collectors.

Still my vote goes to exp weekends.

The thing is not everyone likes to level up. Most people don't. And not because there is something wrong with leveling but because they've already been through it so many times. I, for example, loved the Legion leveling experience, I even bothered to read all the quests, etc. It was very enjoyable but leveling at 1x in vanilla content is just annoying and tedious to me. I am pretty sure most people will be satisfied if you can choose if to level at 1x or 2x or whatever higher rate they choose.

I am not suggesting having 7x or some other ridiculously high xp rate options because this would pretty much force people to go for it if they want to be competitive as they would feel left out if they take ages to level up compared to other people. However, an optional 3x rate would be a welcome option and is very likely to make the server more inviting for players joining.

I say leave it as is. If it were strictly vanilla without any custom content or concepts I wouldn't care as much having done that to death but since this is something different it's almost new to me. Also, people might behave better at the risk of a ban or simply shunned by the playerbase if they have to spend more time leveling their character.

Edited by Moonchild
to add an additional reason x1

23 minutes ago, Moonchild said:

I say leave it as is. If it were strictly vanilla without any custom content or concepts I wouldn't care as much having done that to death but since this is something different it's almost new to me.

Exactly! 

I'm going to put this as simply as possible (And all of this is aimed at Andorhal); It's been over a decade. The amount of players to whom this is their first Vanilla experience are slim to none. As such; This is a repeat button, combined with a snooze button. There is no reason for x1 rates - matter of fact, it may turn away more players than it attracts. There's no reason as to why exp rate commands couldn't be enabled to let people choose between what rates they want to level on (x2 would be enough for me - but x1 to x3 is reasonable). And I can't stress this enough; It's been over 10 years. Finding a new rock in the middle of Desolace you hadn't noticed over the last decade does not justify the creeping, snail-esque, level progression that drags out days of playtime on end - weeks if you've actually got some modicum of a life.

The EXP should be tuned to such a degree that completing a zone enables you to move on to the next level range. Example; Darkshore is 12 to 20 - once every quest is done, the character should be level 20-22 in order to be able to move onto Ashenvale and progress in the 20 to 30 content. This is not the case right now. Once you're done in Darkshore, you're going to be around level 16-17, and this is after hours of running up and down the damn map, dying on a constant basis to mobs that are constantly orange to you. At this point you then have to move onto Westfall and then Loch Modan to reach level 20-21 just to be able to progress further into Ashenvale. This is not logical, to any degree - Nor is the lack of freedom of choice in the matter, on a server that boasts freedom, justifiable.

The main attraction of this server is NOT the x1 leveling rates (There are others that do this, and do it better, boasting a wholly accurate Vanilla experience) - assuming as much is nothing short of misguided enthusiasm on your part. The main attraction of this server is the freedom it offers, and the possibility for experimentation that comes with it. Restricting that freedom to a horrendous grind, in which one has no other choice but to partake, is an antonym to the very image of liberty it projects.

Enable the exp rate commands so people can choose the pace at which they want to level, within reason (No higher than x3) - this will provide a satisfactory solution to all sides involved.

That's why there are multiple zones with different levels. This was taken from a Zones By Level WOTLK . There are options. Use Chat pane to see how many people are in a zone if there's too many find a different zone to level in?

Ocgb5iQ.png

1.25x would be plenty, people are just tired of doing the same quests 100+ times. Just a little boost to make it slightly less time consuming to level would do some justice for many.

The level to level zone stuff is barely correct on andorhal, the xp is gimped. You know this is true if you get to the end of zone you can't do those end zone quests that are 3 or 4 levels ahead of you if not more. XP rate for andorhal is far from 1x of the wrath xpac, more like 0.5-0.8 rates. Severely gimped from the standard 1x. I was level 17 by the time I was forced to leave darkshore for westfall to get 1 or 2 levels before being forced to redridge for another level or two then being blocked by quests 3+ levels ahead of me. You should be at least 1 or 2 levels off from these quests.

Man we just need increased EXP rates across the board. Low level PvP is kinda fun, but we want that end-game! I want questing to be viable for Andorhal AND Sargeras...On 1x, you might as well AoE farm because all the vanilla quests suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

1 hour ago, IAMSADWARVENS said:

Leveling is already fast as fuck on Andorhal and even faster on Sargeras so why change the exp rates, they are fine how they are.

Fast as fuck? It's the same speed as Vanilla basically...MUCH slower than 3.3.5....I grinded HARD and only got lvl 18 in like 22 hours...And I knew what I was doing, that shit is horribly slow...

Edited by Kraer

Two philosophies: people who want the end game and don't enjoy leveling, and people who enjoy leveling.

Currently, people who want the end game are unhappy. Understand that if you make leveling faster, it's a compromise that will make no one truly happy.

I think I said so earlier, but I would prefer to allow people to buy their way to level 60 rather than increase the XP rate for everyone.

56 minutes ago, Penrose said:

Two philosophies: people who want the end game and don't enjoy leveling, and people who enjoy leveling.

Currently, people who want the end game are unhappy. Understand that if you make leveling faster, it's a compromise that will make no one truly happy.

I think I said so earlier, but I would prefer to allow people to buy their way to level 60 rather than increase the XP rate for everyone.

The XP rate on andorhal is less than 1x to make it more vanilla like, as I said you should be at least 1 or 2 levels normally even in the vanilla standards to comparison of a quest. If you're say 30 and you made it through the zone just fine but you come up against end zone quests (not end game content the ending quests to a zone excluding zone transfer quests) that are 3 to 6 levels ahead of you and you barely made it to level 31? that says a lot about the current XP rate, which  as I said is less than 1x, there are vanilla servers where you level at a proper pace and and still be 1 or 2 levels from a quest (generally if the quest is yellow to you thats a good thing, orange or red is bad). We already kill enough things to get quest items, I spent like 10-15 minutes trying to get 1 quest item the other day and that's fine by me, but what isn't fine by me is the fact that i'm not going to be on par with the quests that end the zone for you.

Edited by tyrael75

It's not less than 1x. That is blatantly false.

I played Vanilla, and it feels a lot like it was then. In fact, it might be a bit higher, because during Vanilla the lvl 60 speed record was 6 days and some hours for quite some time.
That record was completely smashed on this server. (But that may just be the fact that the AoE grind builds can be made really strong on this server.)

If you're say 30 and you made it through the zone just fine but you come up against end zone quests (not end game content the ending quests to a zone excluding zone transfer quests) that are 3 to 6 levels ahead of you and you barely made it to level 31?

Let's talk specifics, which area do you have in mind? (it's totally possible you are right)

However, in general it's totally normal to do the area and still be underleveled for the last quests of the area.
Then you just do another area of the same level. That's fantastic, you get to experience more of the game. That's exactly how it was and how it's supposed to be.

You want leveling to be easier and that is your right, but don't make false justifications plz.

19 minutes ago, Penrose said:

It's not less than 1x. That is blatantly false.

I played Vanilla, and it feels a lot like it was then. In fact, it might be a bit higher, because during Vanilla the lvl 60 speed record was 6 days and some hours for quite some time.
That record was completely smashed on this server. (But that may just be the fact that the AoE grind builds can be made really strong on this server.)

Let's talk specifics, which area do you have in mind? (it's totally possible you are right)

However, in general it's totally normal to do the area and still be underleveled for the last quests of the area.
Then you just do another area of the same level. That's fantastic, you get to experience more of the game. That's exactly how it was and how it's supposed to be.

You want leveling to be easier and that is your right, but don't make false justifications plz.

Lets see, I left Darkshore at 17 to Westfall, left a few lvl 20+ quests in darkshore, went to ashenvale before I decided Westfall was the best plan, starting quests in ashenvale? 20+ quests, should be at least 19 or 20 before you leave Darkshore, nope had 3 or 4 levels off. Westfall, did what quests there were up to 18, tried Deadmines that group failed miserably, had a tank and 4 DPS no healer because the guy who selected healer as his role didn't have any healing spells. Went to Redridge, got to 20, been level 20 since, most quests around my level are 3-6 levels out making them red and orange respectively, this should not be the case. That leaves 1 quest requiring at least 1 other person to clear the gnoll camp for the named gnoll. (I'm a frost mage mixed with some other utility spells). I also went to Duskwood, majority of the quests are 3+ levels out from me making that unviable.

End result less than 1x XP rate to the standard of the 3.3.5a patch regardless of the server being progressive and being currently in vanilla standards. If you're going to do progressive make sure everything gets changed, zone level start and level end, quest level changes and mob level changes. I've played alliance for a long time, and I've played a few 1x servers wrath and even vanilla, those weren't as bad as it is this, this just feels like Star Wars The Old Republic in its early months of going F2P, F2P players are gimped on XP and at some point hitting a solid 50 foot steel wall and being unable to progress because the quests and things you're suppose to be relatively on  par with, you aren't on par with and you get stuck.

Edit: Before you say that I did something wrong, I did every quest in Teldrasil (besides the majority of class quests that isn't relevant to what I was doing as a frost mage(simply felt wrong to do them) I left it at 10-11) I also did every quest up to level 17 in Darkshore besides the 2 or 3 level 20+ quests near the end of the questing there. Darkshore is a 10-20 zone, if you've done every quest in a zone besides the ones you can't do and you aren't around 20 then that says something.

Edited by tyrael75