Sign in to follow this  
Sunqt

Respec are hard to obtain, so open regular test server

For some unknown reason, you guys decided to make respec something that requires a certain amount of farm. Now I can't understand why but i respect your reason ofc.

So what I'm asking is a server test as often as possible to allow players to test the spec and gear they feel the most comfortable, so they are more confident in their choice of spec in the real servers.

That's the main issue of players, not knowing if their spec is viable or matches what they have in mind regarding the gameplay mechanics. If you open test server, players will respec less in the real servers because they won't need it as much.

• If your goal by making respec not free is to keep a player from using different spec for different situations and force him to stick to one then your goal will be obtained more easily by giving us regular access to test servers.
  • On the other hand, if your goal is to force a player to farm in order to test different spec, server test are indeed a bad thing. But if that's your goal I would really be disappointed, and a lot of player would be too. Why would you want to slow the process of talent discovery when that's the main thing we all want.
Edited by Sunqt

I support this a hundred percent.

Nothing like making a build and realizing you're starved on your primary resource and the only way to fix it is to farm gold with a bad build.

Yeah for a new inventive game model that champions player freedom and creativity, it's pretty limiting to get yourself stuck into a single build especially if it ends up not woorking, respecs should be easier to come by.

+1 

possibilites are endless, being limited to only try a couple ones conflicts with the purpose of the whole server 

Free respecs till level 20 should have been there long time ago.. Also one reset button for both talents and spells.

I think free respecs should happen until lvl 60. We might get some dungeon groups going for once! Maybe only available via npc in Capitals post 20?

Idk about a test server but something should change. There's a reason the original game had affordable respec costs.

Personally I used up my freebies by 30 and have been saving up gold since then to pay for my first real respec at lvl 60. I hope I don't make a mistake on it.

Edited by Nicodemus

As a quick solution I think they should allow free respec up until 20, you get a good amount of spell choice, variety, and also ability to actually buy them. So you can test it better (and I mean 20 included, so at 21 u need to spend again if u want).

Right now you know nothing of the build, you get 4 spells to play with at lvl 9? Not sure, but thats no way to actually decide on a path.

Do remember guys they sell respec for money so its an income source as well, can't really ask for something like "until lvl 60" thats cutting into the cake too deep.

On 7/25/2017 at 6:02 PM, Nicodemus said:

Idk about a test server but something should change. There's a reason the original game had affordable respec costs.

The original game also didn't have any form of "Choose any talent and spells you want in any order you want" so, that's not really a valid argument. It's priced a bit too highly, but you can't just have free reign to respec easily on this server.

1 hour ago, Cencene said:

The original game also didn't have any form of "Choose any talent and spells you want in any order you want" so, that's not really a valid argument.

It's a valid argument because affordable respec costs positively affect player experience. While making it to 60 and having your first paid respec cost more than your total gold earned is a negative experience, imo.

Definitely agree with this. If making money off of the donation shop is their goal with this, I would be willing to pay like $50 or something near that to get infinite respecs. But I'm not going to $10 for a single use on just abilities. Also thought it might be nice to have like a custom area where you can respec as much as you want with training dummy's or something. I want to love ascension but this is the one thing that's holding me back. 

22 hours ago, Nicodemus said:

It's a valid argument because affordable respec costs positively affect player experience. While making it to 60 and having your first paid respec cost more than your total gold earned is a negative experience, imo.

No, I totally agree that it's a bit much. But I am just saying the argument was flawed with them mentioning the "original" game. That being said, I would like to see a cost reduction in these things, or at least a few more freebies handed out.

20 hours ago, zythie said:

I would be willing to pay like $50 or something near that to get infinite respecs. But I'm not going to $10 for a single use on just abilities.

This isn't actually a terrible idea, having a more costly option to just buy full time free respecs of a sort. Would be nice.

This is a great idea, I woke up this morning with the same one! Nobody wants to farm for hours to try new builds out. I have like 15+ builds saved on my desktop that I want to test out, but I'll never be able to until the server changes its respec system. Who knows, maybe one of my builds is meta and nobody has made it yet. Maybe it will just be fun for me to test out and it won't go anywhere.

Regardless, everyone wants to be able to test out builds. If your backwards ass philosophy doesn't allow you to make respec costs fixed and reasonable, then AT LEAST give your player base a test server to try things out before wasting our time and effort testing specs on your actual realms. Currently people just look for the meta builds and then copy them. Sick endgame. So creative. Really letting us take full advantage of that classless system huh.

I think they were showing off a re-vamped way of re-speccing that will be released soon. Agree that it's too costly, specially for full resets...but I can understand that they dont want people to have access to a test realm to min-max their characters. It would be fine if full resets and partial resets were cheaper and payable with gold - I think this is their intention.