Nammey

Bring Back Cross-Faction - Sargeras

Cross-Faction: A Breath of Life

With how competitive the environment is on Ascension WoW's Sargeras, how it has been in the past, I don't see why Cross-Faction is being disabled for the future. :(

When you have a player base of people that'll be looking to be as efficient as possible, many races will be left out purely for the sake of what is good, and a few spotty groups of people will pick for preference. With this in mind, it won't be soon before one faction becomes the dominant one on the server, and it will lead to horrible scenarios of World PVP - Realms on the live servers that are heavily unbalanced are avoided highly by people who take PVP seriously, like how Tichondrius on Live server has had an imbalance of up to 70% leaning in the favour of the Alliance. Further into the stats, you will almost never see Horde win a BG or any sort of PVP / PVE event as the World is set so PVP flags are automatic in many zones, and you'll have to push for control of certain things as people will just slow things down for others for the laugh of it. All though that is a specific scenario, in a more general aspect, it isn't healthy for Factions to have to play against one another by force, as the balance of the server will have a heavy influence on what takes place, especially once the numbers become unfair, like Tichondrius, Mal'Ganis, Stormrage, etc.

https://realmpop.com/us.html

Having to worry about imbalances isn't healthy, and when it does take place, the Realm in short, will end up as a shit-show & a half.

The suggestion I bring forward is to life the close on Cross-Faction, not only lifting the worry for imbalances in PVP, but it also allows guilds to be more diverse in what is doable in some sense, and it also gives a lot more of an immersive outlook on World of Warcraft - having an Alliance based association with Horde mercs, or Alliance Loyalists, etc..

It gives a lot more to have this feature, than to remove it;

1) BG's are longer, and can be imbalanced in many cases. Having Cross-Faction, it will automatically balance out like we saw during beta when we had Cross-Faction.

2) Realm imbalances are sure to happen as some races are better than most; Humans have a free trinket which is a wet-dream for your average PVP'er. Orcs have solid DMG boost, but, most will have priority in other places.

3) Dungeon / Raid groups will form together a lot easier, and will have a more vibrant feeling like we see in Legion; a more unified experience between players.

PLS DO IT. :D

-Nammey

Edited by Nammey

This is purely my personal perception of the situation, but I honestly haven't talked to a single player who doesn't want crossfaction on Sargeras. I really, really, really want crossfaction.

Probably could've written this one out better, but I'm kind of sleepy. :)

Hope my point is still comprehensive. 

-Nammey

1 minute ago, Melitan said:

This is purely my personal perception of the situation, but I honestly haven't talked to a single player who doesn't want crossfaction on Sargeras. I really, really, really want crossfaction.

@Melitan

Me as well, everyone wants it. :|

-Nammey

Edited by Nammey

2 minutes ago, korocota said:

100% true, crossfaction, crossfaction guilds and action house :)

@korocota

Kind of forgot about the AH...

Need that as well, more lively of an AH makes for a good Realm.

-Nammey

It is widely known that cross faction guilds, and groups are a contributing factor to what made Sargeras not as broken as it could have been. If players are restricted to singular factions one market will thrive while the other one is dry. I would be as bold to go to the point of saying disabling Cross Faction would kill the opposite faction of the 'more powerful' one.

3 minutes ago, Nammey said:

Need that as well, more lively of an AH makes for a good Realm.

Yeah.

My point is honestly that since there's already FFA, there's not really a reason to split players even more in factions, there's no benefit on the long run.

Edited by korocota

100% agree. Cross faction is a necessity for sargeras to thrive. The size of the interactive community plays a big part of a servers success, doesn't make sense to split that (The split wouldn't be balanced either).  Cross faction AH is also necessary for cross faction play. One AH would be favoured based on faction dominance. 

TBH I don't see any positives for factions. Even on retail wow, if I'm looking for a server to play on ... I always pick the one that has the highest faction imbalance because then I'll be playing on the favoured side. 

Cross faction on Andorhal as well. It would make it so much easier to find groups for dungeons, especially at low levels. PLEASE!

Crossfaction guilds and groups are one of the tings that made Sargeras beta so much fun.  The AH would be a nice to have, but simply being able to send mail to an alt on the other faction would be sufficient if we can at least get the crossfaction we had in beta.

+1

I agree, everyone in world chat has been asking for cross faction. To reiterate the someone else's comments, I have no heard of a single person opposed of cross faction. In a server focused on World PvP the favored faction will dominate server and split the community even further.

Beta was extremely refreshing and cross faction made the server incredibly unique. I support bringing back cross faction again and maybe even add the ability for all races to enter any capital city.

While I favor crossfaction on this server, because its FFA after all so being horde or alliance is moot basically, if for some reason it won't come to pass, you could simply tweak human racial, since we're in a limited skill-choosing server, that free trinket is even more powerful than it was/is in wotlk classical servers.

Obviously people will be pissed, so you could also offer everyone 1 free race change to keep them quiet.

Unfortunately I'm not entirely sure to what you could change such a racial, but it is a custom server after all, so the door is open for that option.

47 minutes ago, lanrien said:

While I favor crossfaction on this server, because its FFA after all so being horde or alliance is moot basically, if for some reason it won't come to pass, you could simply tweak human racial, since we're in a limited skill-choosing server, that free trinket is even more powerful than it was/is in wotlk classical servers.

Obviously people will be pissed, so you could also offer everyone 1 free race change to keep them quiet.

Unfortunately I'm not entirely sure to what you could change such a racial, but it is a custom server after all, so the door is open for that option.

I think the best alternative to making the server crossfaction would be to make the racial skills obtainable through the custom skill selector, and not inherent with the race you choose.  Now that I think about it, maybe this should happen either way!

47 minutes ago, Finality said:

I think the best alternative to making the server crossfaction would be to make the racial skills obtainable through the custom skill selector, and not inherent with the race you choose.  Now that I think about it, maybe this should happen either way!

Before we even get that far, I think the Devs/GMs need to realize how many people prefer cross-faction.

While the idea of choosing your own racial sounds good on paper you have to know that not a single person would be running around without the human racial and the orc stun resist racial, if not even the undead one.

it COULD be implemented I suppose meaning your race only determines visual looks, but it would have to be heavily tested to be balanced, so the best option IMHO is allow cross faction or make a new human racial.

The real challenge in this would be making a viable human racial, and in a way that it pleases everyone since a lot would be pissed and would swarm the forums demanding explanation why it happened and etc etc...

Thinking about it I think that crossfaction BG's at least should be allowed at the very least.

5 hours ago, lanrien said:

While the idea of choosing your own racial sounds good on paper you have to know that not a single person would be running around without the human racial and the orc stun resist racial, if not even the undead one.

it COULD be implemented I suppose meaning your race only determines visual looks, but it would have to be heavily tested to be balanced, so the best option IMHO is allow cross faction or make a new human racial.

The real challenge in this would be making a viable human racial, and in a way that it pleases everyone since a lot would be pissed and would swarm the forums demanding explanation why it happened and etc etc...

Thinking about it I think that crossfaction BG's at least should be allowed at the very least.

Agreed that any changes to racials would require balance and thoughtful communication.  I think the best solution is to just give crossfaction back.  Make Sargeras Great Again!

The server NEEDS cross-faction.

PROs: 

1. Instantly doubles the population
  2. Server economy would be more efficient, with more players people will be able to balance out market price and not have monopolies 
  3. You have a larger player base to quest/dungeon with
  4. Its at an advantage to the players to be able to choose who you talk/play with. Instead of having fake alliances. 
    1. If you want to stay in your RP as alliance, no one is forcing you to play with horde. Kill them on sight.

CON: 

1. NONE

I rest my case.

On 8/22/2017 at 6:41 PM, vvestern said:

The server NEEDS cross-faction.

PROs: 

1. Instantly doubles the population
  2. Server economy would be more efficient, with more players people will be able to balance out market price and not have monopolies 
  3. You have a larger player base to quest/dungeon with
  4. Its at an advantage to the players to be able to choose who you talk/play with. Instead of having fake alliances. 
    1. If you want to stay in your RP as alliance, no one is forcing you to play with horde. Kill them on sight.

CON: 

1. NONE

I rest my case.

It's definitely strange that PvP is Free for All, yet we can only talk to one faction outside of World Chat.

On 9/7/2017 at 8:57 AM, gamer4eg said:

Back Cross-Faction - Sargeras

Yes plz! Cross faction BGs, Dungeons etc. Sargeras is more of an FFA server anyway!