Zukien

World Chat on Andorhal - Cross Faction or Not?

World Chat on Andorhal  

212 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Would you like Cross Faction World Chat on Andorhal?

• Yes
    • No

World_Chat_Poll.png

Heroes,

We need your feedback on whether or not you would like Cross Faction World Chat on Andorhal!

Let us know what you think either way by leaving a reply below. We appreciate your feedback and use it to make decisions that increase your enjoyment on Project-Ascension!

As much as I am duty-bound to Horde, I still think it's nice to keep up with Alliance affairs and how their guilds are doing.

For that reason, my initial vote is YES

Edited by Gubbyascension

I would say yes, I am not maining on Andorhal nor am I going to really be playing much on Andorhal, but Cross Faction is a great thing to have despite how much shit talking it brings.

Now the real problem is, Cross Faction on Sargeras let's talk about that one!

8 minutes ago, Tspoon said:

Get rid of world chat entirely imo.

Dont like it? Leave world chat, its that simple.

Definitely no world chat on the hardcore server. 
Tichondrius would benefit from the realism of being cut off from the world when out in the wilderness so world chat already wont be good.

I like the us vs them that alliance vs horde represents in the story, only coming together for truly desperate defenses of Azeroth from unworldly beings. Communicating and cooperating in chat in Elwynn forest etc ruins this immersion completely.
Not to mention on the hardcore server people will likely just shit talk all day in the world chat.

I am a huge fan of anything and everything cross faction. Cross faction chat was one of my favorite features and I would really love to have it back.

I personally don't like cross-faction chat so i vote no.

On the other hand it might be usefull if we lack the playerbase to get faction-only raids going (no idea if that's the case)

the population will already not be that high, so I think it's important to allow as much exchange between players as possible.

I'm going to vote no. Despite the positives it can bring, world chat is already a cesspool 90% of the time and by at least eliminating one form of antagonism it might actually slowly end up becoming a channel I want to be in; because I do want to be in it. 

What the point of cross faction chat when you can't do anything cross faction on Andorhal. If you wan't to keep up with the guilds check their forums/discord. I highly doubt that guild will discuss their affairs in a world chat. 

If you wan't a place where you can talk faction less. Go join a discord server. A world chat should be a communication tool for the factions. To ask for groups, PVP, selling materials/items etc. 

As far as I know, on Andorhal, it is impossible to:

- PVP with players from other factions

- Sell items to other players from the different faction. The only way to accomplish this is via the goblin AH

- Grouping up with the other faction to do a activity.

I'm torn (so I didnt vote).
On the one side it's nice to keep up with the the Horde (and let's be realistic, checking their websites is never going to have the same immediacy, spontaneity and interactivity).
On the other hand, I like the idea of having an Alliance-only channel where you can discuss things that interest that faction only (instances, trade).
Maybe someone will step up and create that Alliance / Horde channel?
---

For those who want to remove world chat, custom chat channels is a Blizzlike feature that was there from the very start. It's by no mean custom. Just type /join <whatever> and TA-DA you have your own channel.

Now I think there is something to be said for removing custom channels entirely, and discussion via the forum which is sadly underused. But the very existence of discord makes the whole point moot. People just don't like forums very much these days.

Id like to keep the chat cleaned up to some extent, keeping it divided would make it feel more tight nit and personal in my opinion, It would make going to the other faction a new experience when seeing the guilds and meeting the players

I cast my vote to "No", but you can consider it to be either depending on what your own answers are (aimed at Devs) to the following questions/propositions/statements;

1. Will there be Cross Faction content? This question is focused entirely on the ability to group up and do PvE, whether it's instanced or open world in the form of quests. If the answer is "No", then my vote on this is "No" as well, as Cross Faction Chat serves no purpose, in such a scenario...
2. ...unless the population on either side is so low, that anyone who joined World Chat would immediately be discouraged by the lack of activity or signs of life. If this is the case, then my vote is a temporary "Yes" until the population has risen to a sufficiently stable enough number where Cross Faction Chat is no longer necessary.
3. That being said; If you can come up with any actual reason as to why having Cross Faction Chat would be GOOD for the PLAYER - short of the "just because", and the reasoning is valid, you can consider my vote a "Yes".
4. One way to accomplish the above (Assuming you're completely against the Factions grouping up to do PvE content) would be to create an area where both factions are allowed to trade with one another. This would add an actual purpose and function of the ability to communicate with one another.

Essentially, my point here is; That if there is no gain, no purpose, no function attached to the ability to talk to someone you otherwise couldn't - then there is no point in it to begin with, short of artificially inflating the "activity" image of the server for the time being. When you talk to people of a similar mind, you want to do things with them - and if you can't, you're better off not even being able to meet them.

My biggest pet peeve about the hole thing is that you can't whisper opposite faction members seems to me that if you're gonna cross faction chat go all or nothing

Thank you for making this poll :). My vote is no. 

My favorite moments in WoW are when an enemy faction player shows up. Coordinating in general chat where their location is, and hunting them down. Also for me, a big part of the thrill of wPvP is not knowing what the other faction is saying about you.

But equally, they don't know why you're there, and you can't communicate your intentions except through direct action, or inaction. Maybe you were farming mobs and a lowbie stepped into your AoE and died. Maybe you're there to gank for hours. Unless you have a reputation, the other side doesn't know your intentions, and you don't know what their response will be. There's a wonderful balance to it.

The communication barrier between factions enriches the experience for BOTH sides in a very meaningful way. It creates a dynamic between opposite faction players fighting that simply cannot exist when such open chat avenues are available. 

Now instead of that, it's just "lol look whose here to try and gank people, so and so sucks, so and so is aids/cancer etc..."

It's miserable.

As always I am open to changing my mind, but so far nothing I've seen as a pro for this outweighs the value of what I described above.

Edited by vanillalyf3
Clarity

I 100% agree with  Vanillalyf3's comments and I will repeat what I said on his post here;

It actually kinda damages wpvp a bit. I could for example look for a group to attack Stormwind, using guild chat of course, However if any member of the guild announces what I am doing on /world then a defense would be formed very quickly. The art of a successful wpvp attack is the element of surprise. '

And if we, as a species after over a decade cannot stop people from fighting in the roads on AB, then stuff like this is almost destined to go wrong.

11 hours ago, Tspoon said:

Get rid of world chat entirely imo.

/\ This.
Get rid of cross faction at all I would say. Including Sargeras, make it the way it is: Loot-on-death, no soulbound, ect. But make it Horde X Ally only PVP/grouping/talking... 

I only voted 'YES' because the pro-gankers and wanna be leet pvp'ers already have more than 1 account for each faction and will be logged in to check the chats on each side anyway.

14 minutes ago, skip029 said:

I only voted 'YES' because the pro-gankers and wanna be leet pvp'ers already have more than 1 account for each faction and will be logged in to check the chats on each side anyway.

That adds an extra step to the process, if someone wants to spend their time doing that that's fine. But that shouldn't be the default IMO. 

How is Yes winning?

Crossfaction chat is nonsense. What value does it add? In General channel crossfaction chat should be disabled for sure, as you can't warn others about faction members ganking. Also gankers enjoy seeing other people complain about ganking and start trolling, which turns chat into cancer. Even though you can leave World chat, unlike general, crossfaction chatting should still be disabled there, as for example alliance wouldn't be able to organize a raid to Orgrimmar...