Sign in to follow this  
skip029

Random Enchants stack with talents?

I have a Random Enchant 'Equip: Your ranged criticals cause your pet to generate 25 focus.' and I also have 1 point in Go For The Throat talent which does the same thing and can be upgraded twice. I was hoping I could save a talent point here and get both of these yet, they do not stack? Is this working as intended?

I believe the issue here is that your RE is for rank 1 and you also have rank 1 as talent. Think only additive percentage bonuses and CD reductions work cumulative and not procs like this. Not fully sure but close to this.

Edited by ManeaGeo

Seems like what ManeaGeo said is the most likely. Thst only additive percentage based RE's stack with said talent.

It's a bit finnicky and isn't properly explained, especially when you get into the realm of some RE's where it actually specifies that it "doesn't stack" despite failing to specify if that means stack with other RE's of its kind, or with the talent, or whatever. 

THAT BEING SAID, I remember contacting a GM during beta about a similar effect where I was actually put through to a dev, and was told that with regards to talents like this, generally the same "Potency" of talent doesn't stack with its RE form. 

IE what that COULD mean is, if you have 1 point for 25 Focus return, a 1 point RE doing the same won't stack with your talent, however if you were to pick up 2 points for 50 return, the RE would now work, giving you 75 Return; however if your RE was a 2 pointer (50 return) it would NOT stack with 2 points of the talent. 

Please don't take this as gospel because it's likely just not working properly. Seeing as you seem to intend to pick up 2/2 anyway though, give it a shot and test if the RE does in fact add another 25 to the top, could be an interesting experiment to see the result of seeing as the game and devs don't actually really tell us much of anything in these situations. Let us know. 

Edited by Sely

I did end up taking 2/2 for this talent and the RE did not end up giving me 75 Focus when critting :(  I unlearned this and kept the RE and invested the points else where. Thanks for all the replies! I contacted a GM and they even said they were not totally 100% sure but they did seem to follow the idea of the % up ranking and the comments referring to same potency ranking. But.... Still no 75 focus per crit so removed all talents and now the RE is giving me 25 per crit.

I put 2 talent points in Go for the Throat and applied the first rank of that Random Enchant. It seemed to stack for me.

fhIPp2N.png

Some general Random Enchant info:

They should almost always stack with the normal talents. The "Does not stack" means that they don't stack with other Random Enchants with the exact same tooltip (so different talent ranks of non-stackable REs can stack for example).

We know that some of the random enchant info isn't very clear and we might do a bigger info post about REs to explain these things in greater detail.

Edited by Nerf

You need see them as "different instance" of the talent: I had the talent Blood craze and the RE version of it. When I was struck with a crit, both proc'd but as a different buff

20 hours ago, skip029 said:

I did end up taking 2/2 for this talent and the RE did not end up giving me 75 Focus when critting :(  I unlearned this and kept the RE and invested the points else where. Thanks for all the replies! I contacted a GM and they even said they were not totally 100% sure but they did seem to follow the idea of the % up ranking and the comments referring to same potency ranking. But.... Still no 75 focus per crit so removed all talents and now the RE is giving me 25 per crit.

I took up those talents again and checked the log... it's working now. I swear when I checked the other day it DID NOT RETURN 75. But 1 point talent and 1 RE doesn't = 50. Good information. Thanks everyone!

Just wanted to update, the Leg Armor I have the 25 focus RE on is level 17 and I'm now 38 and seems to have stopped granting 75. So I'm assuming once your 20 levels past your item level it stops working?

5 hours ago, skip029 said:

So I'm assuming once your 20 levels past your item level it stops working?

Yup, items 20 level below yours become "unusable" for RE