Sign in to follow this  
kaosin

Suggestion: Tiered Talents across ALL...

Could we have Tiered Talents? And have them count across ALL Specs / Talents ??

Let me explain:

Example:

Tier 1 from Holy Priest [ Holy Specialization ] 5/5  =  counts for the first Tier of any spec / tree, so I can go to say, rogue and get something from Tier 2, once that has 5/5, I can go to any other spec and get a Tier 3, but lets not limit it to just that, say you have Rogue Tier 2  [ Deflection ] 3/3 ,then you can have DK Tier 2 [ Unholy Command ] 2/2 and since those equal 5/5 then Tier 3 would unlock across all Specs / Talents. I think this would make for a more robust system and not everyone selecting the top talents.

Anyone else's thoughts on this?

Edited by kaosin
Updating to Actual Suggestion, less confusion, hopefully

The talents aren't locked, you can get any talent as long as you're the right level, and have enough to spend on it. I actually think this will hurt robust specs, and herd everyone into the same handful of god-specs, but whatever.

Oh dear... such much for good marketing.....

The classness works, it's been in "open" beta for over 6 months. Have some faith. Our feedback was listened to. 

6 hours ago, Blodcyning said:

The talents aren't locked, you can get any talent as long as you're the right level, and have enough to spend on it. I actually think this will hurt robust specs, and herd everyone into the same handful of god-specs, but whatever.

interesting cause that's how the abilities are, by level, talents those state in red ,must have 5 in previous spec or they don't unlock, require 10 in previous, etc, etc.

6 hours ago, Joni said:

Oh dear... such much for good marketing.....

The classness works, it's been in "open" beta for over 6 months. Have some faith. Our feedback was listened to. 

I am not sure I follow the whole, so much for good marketing....

My suggestion is sound and based off what we just had access to. Talents, not abilities are locked by requiring previous amount, ie: Tier 2 requires 5 in Tier 1 etc, etc

So you both are trying to say you could freely pick what you wanted? cause I could not, the Talents, not abilities, were not level locked, but Tier point locked. I am suggesting to make it more robust, you would still have to have enough points in a previous Tier, just not in only that spec, but it would count across all specs.

Edited by kaosin

Have you tried ascension talent calculator? If you meet the level requirment for that talent it is unlocked.

I don't have proof that it actually works in the game.

As we played in the beta the only requirement was levels 10 lvl for tier 1 , 15 lvl for tier 2 20lvl for tier 3 and so on . There is no requirements or pre-requirements like default talent system have . Once you reach the appropriate level you will be able to learn the ability or talent as long as you have points to do so . Also as other suggested try the calculator it should help you out :)

People here always react very bad to suggestions of limitations...

This man here is saying that even if you respec to be forced to put 5 point at the base of any of tiers to unlock 2nd level on any tree, then at least 10 points in the first 2 levels for the 3rd and so on.

A good and simple solution that forces you to have only 1 of the max tier talents , max 6 of previous tier and so on. Not bad but as I said , the population of the server is always reticent to take their 'freedom' away :D

The best part is that you will no longer see people rotating ghost wolves with thunderstorm, riptide, dispersion and so on... I really like it!

Edited by ManeaGeo

12 hours ago, Blodcyning said:

The talents aren't locked

This.

Even if talent's tooltip reads: "Requires 20 points in Shadow" it can be learned even if you have no points in shadow tree.

It confused me too at the begginings.. 

He says that if you want in shadow for lvl 15 you need 5 points in the lvl 10 ones, even in beast mastery or arcane and arms and so on as a suggestion to change the current state of the game. Any first tier.

Edited by ManeaGeo

No.

20 hours ago, kaosin said:

this would make for better combinations and not have us locked in to 1 talent spec

We are not locked in one talent spec. 

He does not want to be locked but we are not locked so this thread can be locked.

7 minutes ago, ManeaGeo said:

He says that if you want in shadow for lvl 15 you need 5 points in the lvl 10 ones, even in beast mastery or arcane and arms and so on as a suggestion to change the current state of the game. Any first tier.

I'm confused, does he want to revamp the system to be locked to tier talents, or does he not know they are not locked currently?

I hope to be about revamping, because it can be a good idea,if not, it at least created the conditions to think about the good variant.

2 hours ago, ManeaGeo said:

I hope to be about revamping, because it can be a good idea,if not, it at least created the conditions to think about the good variant.

honestly it is a bit of both, I didn't think I could pick other talents since it claimed I needed x amount in previous Tier. So to update this, could we get what I am suggesting ? Maybe I should re-do my first post.... I redid the first post, I hope it is clearer now.....

Make it where we need Tier points but have it count across all specs. and it wouldn't just be the first Tier, it would go through till you used up the points like a normal spec tree, just instead of 3 for 1 class now you have them all to consider.

Edited by kaosin