Sign in to follow this  
tim369

Weapon Skills

Hey, so what really bothered me while leveling on the server, its that i have to level up the different weapon skills..

Especially on Ascension WoW, where u can wear all weapons, its pretty annoying and (in my opinion) unnecessary.

I understand, that these skills have some kind of nostalgic feeling to them, but honestly, i never liked them.

Just wanted to know, if other people feel the same

I second this heavily.

Even on Vanilla, weapon skills always felt completely pointless and it was the right decision to remove them in Cataclysm.

And you are right that it is worse on Ascension.

I feel ya' man! Just imagine you are a dual 2h with swords but you found this sweet 2h axe , but get what, you are useless with it 30 mins (only once at least for each new weapon type you skill up).

It is not that difficult to level on Ascension as they were/are bugged on the Beta. You were always guaranteed a skill point when attacking gray-level targets (except critters)

Yes, but still I remember spending one hour at circa level 40 to level up the weapon skill to the point where I could actually hit targets my own level sometimes. A pure waste of time.

I feel it makes the game feel more realistic...your not going to immediately know how to use an axe you find on the ground, you have to work toward goals, not be given them...if you like being given free shit, go get a sub to live wow xD