NealSnow15

Andorhal Experience Rates

Andorhal Experience Rates   

78 members have voted

1. 1. There is some suggestions to adjust the exp rates on the softcore realm Andorhal.

• Have quests be x2 the exp rate and the mobs only x1 rates
    • Have quests be x1 exp rates and mobs x2 rates
    • I'd prefer the blizzlike x1 rates for mobs and quests

1 hour ago, Soulrx said:

You can't force people to answer the poll...even if the devs post the poll you might get a few more responses but it should be close to the same results...because statistics and stuff.

still doesn't represent the population, only the one that goes on the forum

8 minutes ago, worgyn said:

still doesn't represent the population, only the one that goes on the forum

87 people voted for 3x XP on Sarg.

I don't think we'll get higher XP on Andorhal though.  If the devs were considering it they would've done a poll.  Maybe they'll change their minds, who knows.

TBH, I hope not, because making the game "Easier/Faster/less time consumming" doesn't make it better, it's already fast enough in my opinion... (around 3 to 5 days of play time to get lvl max)

3 minutes ago, worgyn said:

TBH, I hope not, because making the game "Easier/Faster/less time consumming" doesn't make it better, it's already fast enough in my opinion... (around 3 to 5 days of play time to get lvl max)

Exactly the reason that we don't need to alter XP rates here. It would take longer on Sargeras because of the FFA ganking, hence the x3 rates. Here all you need to worry about is the opposite faction, like you would on most other servers.

The only arguments for 1x rates are that you can progress your professions as you level and you see some minor stories if you are a warcraft fan making it more immersive but if you compare it with other MMO's, well... the only ones worse are the asian grind ones. I'm more of a warcraft fan :D. (also some warhammer, starwars) Some games you play more for the story and trying to immerse in the world you love.

Did you even read why the majority people wanted increased quest XP? It's not because they are "lazy"... they don't want to be forced to spec for AoE grinding for leveling with no alternative without gimping yourself. Stop exaggerating that increasing quest XP to x2 is game breaking...

31 minutes ago, Soulrx said:

Did you even read why the majority people wanted increased quest XP? It's not because they are "lazy"... they don't want to be forced to spec for AoE grinding for leveling with no alternative without gimping yourself. Stop exaggerating that increasing quest XP to x2 is game breaking...

Then simply nerf mob XP so people won't be forced to spec into AoE grind builds and actually quest...

19 minutes ago, Drakkona123 said:

Then simply nerf mob XP so people won't be forced to spec into AoE grind builds and actually quest...

Oh, so punish everyone I see.... Still need to attack mobs for most quest.

Just now, Soulrx said:

Oh, so punish everyone I see.... Still need to attack mobs for most quest.

So, if they don't spec into AoE builds, they get punished. If mob XP gets nerfed so that they don't have to do this, they still get punished. While I don't think questing itself should get boosted right away (we'll see what happens), I still like the idea of higher XP group quests to counteract this. This would include dungeon quests, and players would therefore see more of the game's content together, and would alleviate the issues of AoE grinding without applying a blanket XP boost to questing. An overall boost could potentially speed the process along too much and only slightly fixes the issue of AoE grinding because it wouldn't be any less viable. I still think mob XP should be nerfed.