Marotus

Craftable Gear- Random Enchants

Hello Forum!

I've been thinking about this for a while, and i finally made the decision to suggest it here.
What if crafted gear could get a random enchant on it? I know that you can reroll it at an altar, but it would probably be a cool addition if it could come with a random enchant as you craft it.

It would be beneficial for multiple reasons:

1, First of all, it would make crafting professions more lucrative. People would have an additional reason to level up their professions. You could either try to get a specific enchant for yourself, or simply craft some items and sell the ones with a good (or very nieche- like "range +X") enchant.

2, It would also make the skilling of professions less dull, as you will probably check the items you craft for REs, instead of simply vendoring them. 

3, There are lots of players that try to keep their professions level appropriate, and basically level them up as their character levels. It would give those players an additional "that's awesome" moment , if they get a "cool" random enchant. It doesn't even have to be a good random enchant for people to be happy - anything they can use or give to their friends will be sufficient. 

Just wanted to get this off my mind. Thanks for reading guys, and please tell me what you think about it.

One side of me likes the idea but the other side is thinking about Legion. For those of you who don't know, in Legion crafted gear will have a random suffix, which would decide what stats it has. This means that it is completely RNG what stats will be on your item. Now in Legion it's not too bad because it's easy to get loads of materials, however here on ascension it'll take a bit more time to gather the materials to get crafted pieces. This means that when you're trying to get specific enchants you'll need a lot of materials or a lot of luck. Therefore I'm not sure if this would be a good change. Your thoughts? 

On 25.2.2017 at 3:53 PM, BaconWizard said:

I like the idea, but the rate in which you get enchants would need to be reduced on crafted gear, maybe to half. 

The Devs should think about how to balance it, imo. If they see that people don't do anything else than spamm-craft gear, of course they should nerf the rate.

On 26.2.2017 at 11:44 AM, Nylim said:

This means that when you're trying to get specific enchants you'll need a lot of materials or a lot of luck. Therefore I'm not sure if this would be a good change.

And i think it's good that way. To get a specific random enchant, you'll always need something of value(in this case mats) and luck. That's just the way the REs are designed. It's not supposed to overshadow every other method of getting random enchants, it's merely a suggestion to improve the life of people that want to spend time on professions. 

If you want to talk about the random enchant system as a whole, that'd be a completly different topic.

On 2/26/2017 at 4:44 AM, Nylim said:

One side of me likes the idea but the other side is thinking about Legion. For those of you who don't know, in Legion crafted gear will have a random suffix, which would decide what stats it has. This means that it is completely RNG what stats will be on your item. Now in Legion it's not too bad because it's easy to get loads of materials, however here on ascension it'll take a bit more time to gather the materials to get crafted pieces. This means that when you're trying to get specific enchants you'll need a lot of materials or a lot of luck. Therefore I'm not sure if this would be a good change. Your thoughts? 

I had a similar thought process going into this, especially since it's going to super hike up the value of materials to craft, however, I feel like this would be a welcome change, and in turn instead of making the enchant random, make it to where you have 3-4 specific enchants that you can get on a piece of crafted gear (maybe even less depending on the type), but make it so that you only have a 75 or 50% chance of actually getting an enchant, and if you don't get the enchant you have an option to 'reforge' the piece for half the cost of the crafting that would give you another shot at an enchanted item. Just a thought.

Overall good suggestion, spices things up a bit with professions. Which is definitely needed. :D