Sign in to follow this  
Leyo

Dungeon-Finder Teleport.

Reactivate Dungeonfinder Teleport?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Reactivate the Dungeonfinder Teleport on Andorhal?

• Yes
    • No

3 minutes ago, Skribs said:

If there isn't a sense of comradery I won't do dungeons anyway. Dungeons in modern wow are boring because they feel like a mini game and the other players feel like NPCs. Even the dungeons in the 60 weekend felt flat and lame because there was no consequence to doing them. You just get an instant 60 and teleport in.

So, if they implemented the teleport, I probably wouldn't bother with instances while leveling, because why subject my leveling speed to the success or failure of some random mooks in a mini game as opposed to my own personal success in solo.

The same goes without the teleport tho ... 

I think people are getting their feelings too caught up in this.

Andorhal is the closest to PVE  you can get with Ascension... there is a reason they are asking for Dungeon Teleport - for the dungeon running experience.. not the running to the dungeon experience, clearing mobs is the same no matter what part of your WoW life you're in.  I rather do the goretusk liver pie quest.

Everyone complaining about world pvp being ruined - that's why Sargeras is there isn't it?  Full out PVP for all your summoning stone ambush's you could wish for.

Sometimes you need a break from questing and a dungeon is cool if you get good drops to help you on your journey.   I know I hated waiting for people to show up to dungeons from across the map or even people without mounts to get there... it SUCKED.

Dungeon teleport was great because you can queue up and when everyone is there and ready to go you start right away, you don't have to wait for the queue to fill, then wait for everyone to get there, oh you took too long to get there and someone had to drop and do something else?  Back to the queue bc it was probably the tank or healer lol.

19 hours ago, Cerabow said:

Originally, I was bummed when I found that the dungeon teleport didn't work. But it really only adds roughly 15 minutes of time to a dungeon run. The more I played, the more I realized I kind of missed running out to the dungeon as a team, and I played WoW from beta until Pandaria. I'd rather see more social interaction than the trivialization of certain things. That was what made WoW great. Plus more effort means more satisfying reward.

How often did people die in a dungeon post-wrath, and didn't know how to get back to the instance portal because they only used dungeon finder?

What if you work and only get maybe 2 hours a night to play?

4 minutes ago, alchemistxl said:

I think people are getting their feelings too caught up in this.

Andorhal is the closest to PVE  you can get with Ascension... there is a reason they are asking for Dungeon Teleport - for the dungeon running experience.. not the running to the dungeon experience, clearing mobs is the same no matter what part of your WoW life you're in.  I rather do the goretusk liver pie quest.

Everyone complaining about world pvp being ruined - that's why Sargeras is there isn't it?  Full out PVP for all your summoning stone ambush's you could wish for.

Sometimes you need a break from questing and a dungeon is cool if you get good drops to help you on your journey.   I know I hated waiting for people to show up to dungeons from across the map or even people without mounts to get there... it SUCKED.

Dungeon teleport was great because you can queue up and when everyone is there and ready to go you start right away, you don't have to wait for the queue to fill, then wait for everyone to get there, oh you took too long to get there and someone had to drop and do something else?  Back to the queue bc it was probably the tank or healer lol.

Thank you for posting this.. I did not mention the wait time for other people as well it is another good point to give teleport a go on the Soft-core  Realm Andorhal.

but don't forget that people want PvP without gear drops as well .. I only say this because the next one would say this anyway :)

I didn't play enough to even pay attention. Is the group finder even available or just not functioning? I mean, can you still use it to find others to group with and then meet at the dungeon?

Edited by Kralomax

2 minutes ago, Kralomax said:

I didn't play enough to even pay attention. Is the group finder even available or just not functioning? I mean, can you still use it to find others to group with and then meet at the dungeon?

the group finder works just not the teleport button.   then you also run into half the time the only people willing to run to summoning stone dont even have the flight paths lol

4 minutes ago, alchemistxl said:

the group finder works just not the teleport button.   then you also run into half the time the only people willing to run to summoning stone dont even have the flight paths lol

Oh I see. Thank you alchemistxl. 

If this was Nostalrius I would say no even if they had an option to teleport. Since this is a unique server I think the teleport feature should be implemented on Andorhal and off on Sargeras.

Edited by Kralomax

1 hour ago, Leyo said:

I actually interact more with players with a dungeon queue than without it .. but I already said that earlier. 

There is already a dungeon queue.  How does being able to teleport make you interact more with players?

1 hour ago, Leyo said:

this thread is a 50/50 btw.

Maybe I missed something.  Perhaps a poll would be more revealing?

6 minutes ago, Kralomax said:

Oh I see. Thank you alchemistxl. 

If this was Nostalrius I would say no even if they had an option to teleport. Since this is a unique server I think the teleport feature should be implemented on Andorhal and off on Sargeras.

Exactly :)

But I like the idea that it can be deactivated for Lvl 58-60 because of the late game world pvp to make the pvpers happy :) It is a compromise at least ^^

2 minutes ago, Finality said:

There is already a dungeon queue.  How does being able to teleport make you interact more with players?

Maybe I missed something.  Perhaps a poll would be more revealing?

Because I meet more people and builds in a shorter period of time :)

There is a poll on this thread :D

Just now, Leyo said:

Because I meet more people and builds in a shorter period of time :)

There is a poll on this thread :D

I still don't see how teleporting helps you meet more people and builds.  Isn't it the dungeon finder that does that?

D'oh!  Missed the poll :)

Edited by Finality

Just now, Finality said:

D'oh!  Missed that :)

No problem. happens to the best of us :P

Clearing mobs to the instance doesn't happen if you teleport inside. I'm not talking about along the way, but rather the tighter packed elites around the meeting stone and on the way in.

I still see the "I only have X time" excuse, and I give you the same answer: I work 2 jobs and go to school. If I can find the time to run to the instance, you can too.

1 minute ago, Skribs said:

Clearing mobs to the instance doesn't happen if you teleport inside. I'm not talking about along the way, but rather the tighter packed elites around the meeting stone and on the way in.

I still see the "I only have X time" excuse, and I give you the same answer: I work 2 jobs and go to school. If I can find the time to run to the instance, you can too.

But we can not take you alone as a sample for the whole server.

20 minutes ago, Skribs said:

Hi I work one job but I'm married so my aggro is way worse when it comes to game time atleast with school and jobs you have a somewhat scheduled window to play around.   lol I don't wanna spend clearing trash outside I rather spend that time clearing the trash inside know what I mean.   You can still run to the dungeon and kill trash while you wait for the LFG to pop if you want no one is stopping you guys from experiencing that.  It just won't be as a group, probably the same as if they didn't activate teleport so you really wouldn't even notice?

It just wont be as a group...which invalidates it as a comradery building experience.

Those mobs are often not designed to be solod anyway.

Edited by Skribs

One of our main focus points moving forward is to have immersion as a strict guideline. Teleporting to dungeons eliminates the time spent traveling throughout the world, in favor for a little less work. Meeting Stones are completely functional, and can be used to meet your party members at the dungeon. In Wrath of the Lich King, when teleportation was added, it made the world feel a lot less grandiose, and we want to avoid this conundrum until Wrath is released.

Part of the dungeon experience is getting there in the first place, and knowing that you ventured into danger headfirst, ready to take on the challenges that await you.

23 minutes ago, Zukien said:

One of our main focus points moving forward is to have immersion as a strict guideline. Teleporting to dungeons eliminates the time spent traveling throughout the world, in favor for a little less work. Meeting Stones are completely functional, and can be used to meet your party members at the dungeon. In Wrath of the Lich King, when teleportation was added, it made the world feel a lot less grandiose, and we want to avoid this conundrum until Wrath is released.

Part of the dungeon experience is getting there in the first place, and knowing that you ventured into danger headfirst, ready to take on the challenges that await you.

No disrespect intended but there is way more immersion in running a dungeon though and also way more sense of danger after the first wipe inside.  It isn't wotlk so there shouldn't be the sense to just be able to AOE all the mobs

No one is ever running around exploring the grandiose world.  I have ran into maybe 4 people at level 60 outside of major cities and they were all only trying to kill me lol

if you level doing quest instead of AOE grinding you will experience the world way more.  How about you just give quest xp 3x boost and mob xp .5 and force everyone to quest to experience this grandiose world. 

Edited by alchemistxl
Statement

1 hour ago, Kralomax said:

What if you work and only get maybe 2 hours a night to play?

I do work full time and only get 2-3 hours a night to play. If I'm lucky.

27 minutes ago, alchemistxl said:

if you level doing quest instead of AOE grinding you will experience the world way more.  How about you just give quest xp 3x boost and mob xp .5 and force everyone to quest to experience this grandiose world. 

I kinda like the concept behind this. This at least partially agrees with my thoughts around 1x mob XP and 2x quest XP. I don't know enough around the numbers to comment on reducing the mob XP, but if you wanted to penalize AOE grinding, this would be how to do it. Personally, I wasn't interested in penalizing AOE grinding, just making it equal to, or slightly less effective than questing. (See Andorhal experience rate thread)

Edit: I do think AOE grinding should be a viable method of leveling, but it shouldn't be a superior or faster leveling method than questing. And vice versa. They should be the same or nearly the same.

Edited by Cerabow
Additional notes

No one is ever running around exploring the grandiose world.  I have ran into maybe 4 people at level 60 outside of major cities and they were all only trying to kill me lol

Part of that is the population of the beta.  Live should be much higher.  Also, if you were playing on Sargeras, people tended to stay in cities to avoid ganking, so you'd rarely see people outside.

No disrespect intended but there is way more immersion in running a dungeon though and also way more sense of danger after the first wipe inside.

How is there "more immersion" to just do the dungeon than to fight your way in?  You might get more action, but unless the dungeon feels like part of the world, it can only have less immersion.  Your statement is the same as "you get down to nature better if you go camping in an RV than if you go camping in a tent."

11 hours ago, Skribs said:

Part of that is the population of the beta.  Live should be much higher.  Also, if you were playing on Sargeras, people tended to stay in cities to avoid ganking, so you'd rarely see people outside.

How is there "more immersion" to just do the dungeon than to fight your way in?  You might get more action, but unless the dungeon feels like part of the world, it can only have less immersion.  Your statement is the same as "you get down to nature better if you go camping in an RV than if you go camping in a tent."

You don't need to fight anything to get into the dungeon most of them you can just run past til they drop aggro.  You are comparing apples to oranges and wondering why the pie doesn't taste the same.  Clearing mobs outside a dungeon has no direct impact to doing the actual dungeon.   I can sit outside a dungeon killing mobs with a group of people all day and it won't get me any closer to doing the actual dungeon itself.   there is no good reason to not have it other than if it doesn't work.   It's hard to cater to everyone but why limit lifestyle in the "hopes" of bringing back the vanilla feeing of running to dungeons together as a group.   

If you want to immerse people into useless battles move all the AH, bank and pvp stuff to STV only and let the world rotate on its own since the only logical reasoning behind people not wanting a dungeon finder seems to be it'll ruin world pvp. 

Edited by alchemistxl

Hello again,

As far as i can see bolt sides has good arguments.
But i want you to think what symbolize the travel to the summoning stone/dungeon.
Some ppl may see it a s a chore but it's actually a sight for commitment. As ppl start to make plans who to go to summon, they are thinking as a group and the time that takes you to meet all ppl at the Summoning Stone you can plan your time 20-40min to not be disturbed and enjoy the Dungeon. (Because lets face it the worst feeling is when some1 gives up or just tell u he needs to go cos stuff happened)
But i too don;t like to w8 20min to travel to the summoning stone. But i stand for my idea that with more flexible Flying Paths/Taxis this can be less of an issue and the optimal time is like 10min.
And for the issue that this way you have less optimal "Gains" from the dungeon i think this is fine. The Dungeons need to be a place for ppl to see their growth as players/build makers. *[and if they did their re-search they can have like 5-7 Qst for the Dungeon and will be rewarded greatly by completing the Dungeon/Qst's  and the possible FAT LOOT]*

Because the Dungeon Finder is simply a quality of life system. But systems like this make the game more casual and less engaging in my opinion. (not that it's a bad thing as many ppls have tight schedules, but quality of the Dungeon drops as bigger pool of ppl have entry to it)
Using the Dungeon Finder leads to meeting random ppl that may or may not have the needed skills for encounter that will lead to a rocky start, or some toxic player leaving after the 1st wipe. So by Having a "Travel" time between the Group making and the Dungeon start we can get to know a bit more (Gear/experience of the contend/How much time they like to invest to play this Dungeon/ if their behavior is good*eccentric*or pure toxic*.

This is how i see and feel most of the time when I chose to do a Dungeon. Hope we find the right way to start the Glorious path in Ascension.

Edited by Fondo

Yes, killing mobs inside and killing mobs outside are different. The point is that seeing stronger enemies right outside than you see in the rest of the area helps build the atmosphere of the dungeon.

For example, seeing tougher defias in the mines toward deadmines. Its all about worldbuilding vs level building. Are we in a giant world, or are we playing a game? Thats where the immersion comes from.

Well nothing has happend to the dungeon tp on Amdorhal but have the devs/gm responded to any off this ? if no ive missed that.
just wanted to know if they are considering it cus atm more and more people are doing inta Q no running bgs for honor gear instead of runnig 1-2 h instamces (run time excluded)
you can sign for pvp anywhere and get tp. but you cant tp to dungeons, alott off the pvp gear is better stat wise what are peole going to choose ?

Thx

I can't say that I don't like the dungeon TP feature of the duneon finder. However, if I am being completely objective, it greatly reduces the overall immersion of the game. It seriously reduces the interraction between group members. The last server I played had dungeon TP active, and while it was a nice quality of life feature, it was painfully obvious that it totally ruined any type of actual interactions between group members. You accepted the tp, ran the dungeon without talking- I tried every time I was in a group, no one wanted to talk- and exit the dungeon and requeue. Now if you have to make your way to the dungeon, even after you're group is assembled by the rdf, you're going to be forced to interact to at least get to the dungeon together. It's kind of like an icebreaker. 

Edited by Glenzig