Experience Rates on Sargeras  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Should the experience rates on Sargeras be:

• 1x Experience
    • 2x Experience
    • 3x Experience

Sargeras_Rates_Poll_Header.png

Heroes,

It is time to cast your vote on what you think the Experience rates on Sargeras should be upon release! We value your feedback and are looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank You!

1 hour ago, Kralomax said:

imho anything over 1x breaks the story and intent of the quests. /shrug

I know right, I finally can't wait to play this story for the 10000000 time while also worrying about getting killed by anyone.

Sarcasm aside, the story is 10 years old and I would rather have 5x if it means retaining more players in the long term

Would rather have 5x as well but anythin 3x and above is fine, especially in a FFA pvp sytem no way can do less than 3x.

Plus a higher experience rate keeps us as players feeling rewarded when we're leveling, got bored leveling to lvl 33 on the beta so I stopped playing, too slow paced.

Edited by Toshin
forgot to make a point

Next time I watch Braveheart I'll watch it in X8! :)

I guess I'm just more used to the rpg part of mmorpg. /shrug

Since you don't lose experience I don't see a reason why it should be anything other than 1x. The loot part makes sense due to the drop system but again nothing affects the experience at all.

Why dont you just make it so that every one can decide on what rate hes playing on by themselves simply by typing /rate X1 / X2 / x3 ??? Its not new and other servers have implemented that Feature successfully alrdy!!! That makes every one happy.

Guest Estufa

All these pve carebears talking about 1x rates probably won't even play here. x5 please!

My main concern is that with rates too high people will hit 60 then just AFK in capitals like they currently do.  Most of the PVP happens at low levels.

Guest NotACasual

Can we have 1x please? Anything over 2x is ridiculous.. not very *blizz like*

10 hours ago, Guest Estufa said:

All these pve carebears talking about 1x rates probably won't even play here. x5 please!

You request a x5 XP rate which would move everyone out of world PvP and into instanced end game content as fast as possible, and you call others PvE carebears? 

Sounds more like you are afraid of PvPing other people in the open world and want to rather go from dungeon to dungeon and battleground to battleground - which is what endgame is.

As someone who wishes to play on the most hardcore realm available, I find high experience rates to be the exact opposite of "hardcore". Also speaking as someone who has gone through the proper leveling process too many times to count over the years, I still want to continue to do this, especially since I tend to spend little time on the end-game as most people seem to do. Yes, it can be tedious and agonizing to some, but it is also essential when it comes to building substance and integrity. I don't want my level 60 character to be some rushed cheap mass-produced piece of armor, so to speak - I want to forge it by my own hand with attention and patience, and all the troubles that come with this - including more opportunities to get in trouble with other people while leveling and potentially lose my stuff

I would perhaps accept double rates, but triple rates are generally out of the question for me, and I'd probably end up trying to figure out artificial ways of developing "properly". Honestly, I have gotten pretty sick of traditional questing and such, but I still find it important to make sure that the leveling process is not cheapened

What I (and other people) have suggested is a function that lets us toggle between experience rates, which I have seen done on multiple servers. I don't really care if someone wants to blaze through at triple rates, but I should have the option to level normally on 1x. I also don't care if this puts me at some sort of a disadvantage - that's just part of my choice, and, as a hardcore enthusiast, I welcome disadvantages with open arms

Gotta agree with others, I have seen many servers with the ability to choose your own rate. I have even seen guilds build themselves around the fact that they chose 1x and only recruit those that will play that way. 1x helps develop your character and gives you personal integrity if you work on your character and not have it basically given to you.

Also, I think since WoW released over 10 years ago I have been looking for that warm fuzzy feeling I got the first time I played it. No other mmorpg has come close to it, and I have played them all!  I think with Ascension very unique system I have a chance to feel that again, and I don't really want it ruined by warping to the endgame. The story and lore of WoW are part of the game, and increasing the xp rate weaken the quest chains and their purpose.

Guest Zakazul

Feels like you people are forgetting the most important reason to add increased rates to sargeras; MORE PLAYERS.
It makes it more attractive for players to join us on sargeras so we can kick their teeth in?
Specially with the earlier release of Andorhal!

That said, yeah a function that offers you the choice might work for the people that want 1x. Without gimping the realm.

1 hour ago, Guest Zakazul said:

Feels like you people are forgetting the most important reason to add increased rates to sargeras; MORE PLAYERS.
It makes it more attractive for players to join us on sargeras so we can kick their teeth in?
Specially with the earlier release of Andorhal!

That said, yeah a function that offers you the choice might work for the people that want 1x. Without gimping the realm.

Agreed to a point. If we wanted even more players it would be a PvE only server because they are more popular! Or even an instant 60 might be more attractive to those that just one endgame content and skip the "boring" stuff. I still like the idea of being able to choose which xp level you would like to play! :)