Zukien

Instant 60 Weekend #2 Feedback

Instant_60_Weekend.png

Heroes,

This thread is dedicated to helping us serve you. We would appreciate your feedback on the recent weekend event, as it will help us ensure that the most important issues that need to be fixed get addressed.

Here are some examples of information we are looking for from your input in the following categories:

Systems Functionality

• Accessibility of realm and uptime
  • NPCs functioning correctly
  • Custom User Interface working properly (Talents, Spellbook, Spell Selection, Random Enchants, etc.)
  • Creature Behavior (AI)
  • Spell and Balance functionality
  • Website Accessibility
  • Any other system(s) related behavior

Communications

• Staff Presence, Responsiveness, and Helpfulness
  • Continued Updates
  • Online Presence (Was there enough “hype”?)
  • Ease of Knowledge (Did you know the event was happening and what it entailed?)

Please use the template below in order to give us your feedback. Copy and paste the code into your post to fill it out.

Use the category list from above in order to describe the issues you may have faced, or the positive impact something had.

Template:

Copy and Paste from inside this box:

Character Name(s):

How did you find out about the event?

Categories: (Systems Functionality, Communications)

Describe your issue:

What overall can be improved?

What was your favorite part about the weekend event?

Other Comments, Suggestions, or Feedback:

Please type outside of the bold bracket coding.

Please keep all feedback related to the Weekend Event and conditions you experienced as a part of it.

We thank you for your involvement in making Ascension an even greater place to play!

Character Name(s):
Lux, Flames, Planets.

From one of your streams I think. Or was it the website? I am getting old. :(

I had so much fun with the weekend ptr event. No major issues to mention. 
Communication was great and the staff presence was noticeable and pleasant. 
The community as well seems to be helpful and non-toxic from what I have seen.

Describe your issue:
My issue is that it ended. 

Small things here and there, like ranking up poisons and some abilities missing from some books of ascension (?). 

Trying out new builds in PvE and PvP, sharing them with others, and seeing what they have come up with. So much creativity!

Base health of players and monsters seems to be on the low side.
With all the crazy talent combinations, it seems healers and damage dealers are able to reach extreme throughput numbers.
I think base health needs to be brought up slightly for a healthier experience.

Character Name(s):

Stealtheal

Redhot

From Facebook

Categories: System Functionality, Custom User Interface, Reagents, Online Presence

Describe your issue:

I have several issues with the event:

1. There were many problems with the available spells or their reagents.  For example, Gift of the Wild was not available.  For the early part of the test, Divine Spirit had the wrong candle.  There weren't Fish Scales at all, and there were no reagents for Divine Intervention.
  2. The key for stratholm proved nightmarish, when we're on characters that aren't keyed for it.  We had to call a strat run simply because of key issues.
  3. I think issues with the forums made it harder for people to find out what was going on. I also wasn't sure what the best way to communicate any problems with the staff was.
  4. The uptime is rather short, as it ended in the middle of the weekend in North America.

• Provide a key to a dungeon when the dungeon master sends you to the dungeon.
  • Check to make sure all level 60 reagents are present and that spells such as Gift of the Wild, Greater Blessings, etc. are also present.
  • Extend the event by 1 day in each direction to give people more time to log in and test.

I liked being able to find dungeon groups.

Not at this precise time.

Character Name(s): Skray

How did you find out about the event? Discord

Custom User Interface, NPCS/Dungeons, Spell and Balance functionality, Online Presence

Describe your issue:

Custom User Interface:  I tested out the new Multi-spec and noticed a few spell ranks were being forgotten when switching and lost some points from some talent bugs. But my ticket was answered within the hour and my points restored.

NPCs and Dungeons:  Both seemed to be fine, I didn’t notice any major bugs.  That will affect live, but for this weekend event:

I’m going to echo Skribs on the big issue I think is a lack of keys and dungeon accessibility.

In BRD you need the Shadowforge key for the Doors to the Lyceum, and the Dark Iron Lock.  Luckily I was in a group with a guy who had died to exit the instance and get the quest and complete it so we were able to complete the dungeon.

Dire Maul requires the Crescent Key which is obtainable in the instance, but has a separate issue; which it is impossible to get the West and North wings of the instance as whenever you pass through an instance portal the player ports back to AQ.  The teleporter from AQ also only ports one to the East Wing.

The only other issue I ran into is after a server crash some scripts wouldn’t activate properly. In a Scholomance I was a part of, the server crashed and the door to the viewing room closed with the boss dead we couldn’t get a new key.  A ticket and a quick yell in worldchat had that issues fixed within a few minutes along with a boss that wouldn’t spawn, so props to the team for that.

Spell and Balance:  Balance I think was alright, it depends on how much diversity you want.

I saw a lot of Bear and standard sword and board which worked well. Saw some tanks trying dual wield tanking or 2H/Shield but I don’t believe those were as viable.

DPS was a good mix between ranged, caster and melee, but hybrids seemed to fall behind.  I personally didn’t try a hybrid but from what I saw from others trying to get them to work, the DPS just couldn’t compete with a proper melee or caster build. This may be a result of nerfs or just poor building.

EDIT:  As I think about it more, I think hybrids may just rely on too many abilities, and scalings.  It seems best to really pick a few core abilities with all AP/SP scaling and focus on talents/REs that improve those, which may be a failing for hybrids.  It's hard to fit many abilities into a rotation, I found that around 3-5 worked well if they had CDs that complemented each other and could be woven into an effective rotation.  And if you focus purely on AP scaling then your SP scaling abilities just don't do enough and vice versa.  I'm sure there may be a viable hybrid build, but it'll be outclassed by pure specs.  This may be fine though, less damage is a tradeoff for versatility?

Online Presence: The online presence was fine, it seemed there were more people last weekend but nothing too bad. I was able to do all the available RDF dungeons with the exception of Dire Maul and even tried out a ZG although that failed spectacularly.

Nothing really, for a simple test realm it was quite good.  There were some rough spots: stable master was hostile to alliance, some reagents missing, no tomes for higher rank spells, poisons had to be leveled, no max lockpicking for those pesky doors, but if this isn’t going to be a permanent realm then it’s fine.  It was really just missing that tiny bit of polish that would make an instant 60 realm good -> fantastic.

Getting to really test and refine builds and do dungeons with people.

I really enjoyed the weekend event, also as mentioned above, the staff were pretty damn quick to answer the issues I had. 

The weekend event was great and I spent entirely too much time running dungeons.  Managed to see the inside of everything except Dire Maul West/North, UBRS and MC.  I'm not sure what exactly the criteria for obtaining the title was, but hoping I got it.  If the criteria was to complete all dungeons, I'm not sure that anyone got it, or perhaps only a small handful.

I do think there is going to be a meta that develops very quickly though, there seemed to be certain builds that were much better than others in PVE.  I’m not sure if that’s necessarily a bad thing though.

Edited by Skray

Character Name(s):

Haddeqi, Battlemage, Myrtana

Discord, checking News every week (I participated in the last event and was waiting for this one)

* Systems Functionality

* Balance

Describe your issue:

1) Despite being a Classless system, the most optimal way to play was to take 2 or 3 damage spells from one talent tree, focusing 
on immproving them and dump the rest of AE/TE into passive buffs and cooldowns. The reason for this is class-masking and the 
overabundance of boring, passive increases.

2) Despite the intent of this event being for testing raids and dungeons, I only had the possibility of raiding once in MC as raid 
groups were extremely rare due to lack of, mostly, healers.

3) Demonology pets are still extremely bugued.

4) Half of the event was spent with the server lagging or crashing, so I felt like I didn't have time to test everything I wanted 
(While last event was way better).

Obviously this is a beta so I can understand why it crashed a lot.

I play mostly spellsword characters so these suggestions are aimed toward polishing that playstyle.

1) This needs to be fixed ASAP : ALL instant casts spells from the Mage, Druid, Warlock, Priest reset the swing timer despite being
instant cast limits spellswords/hybrids to weaving shaman/paladins spells into their rotation, as every other alternative is a DPS loss. 

A Shadowform/Melee hybrid could spends a pontential 8 seconds of not being able to autoattack as he reapply all his DoT spells.

This massively kills the diversity of the Spellsword's arsenal as there is absolutely no reason to use Cone of Cold/Fire Blast/Arcane
 Barrage/Moonfire/Insect Swarm/Corruption/Etc.... over Earth Shock, Judgement and the like.

To simplify this mechanic I suggest making it so that EVERY single instant cast spell (baseline or through a cooldown, talent,
 passive etc...) no longer resets the swing timer. This is right now limited to Shocks, Totems, Consecration, Judgement,
 Maelstrom Weapon spells, Exorcism (via AoW) and Flash of Light (via AoW) 

2) Stormstrike should affect all Nature damage sources, including Wrath, Insect Swarm, Poisons and Envenom (If it ever gets released). 
Again, less class-making, more diversity.

3) All the weapon imbues should be grouped together for a 2 or 3 AE cost, similar to poisons. In addition, the following needs to be
 changed concerning the weapon imbues :

* Flametongue Weapon should proc on special melee attacks. In addition to that, I suggest massively nerfing it's base damage but
 upping it's spellpower coefficient, keeping it safe from being abused by pure melee characters (who already prefer Frostbrand and 
Windfury anyway). I also suggest doing likewise to Frostbrand Weapon.

* Lava Lash needs a 35% or 45% damage increase if the off-hand weapon is enchanted with Flametongue Weapon. And if the above suggestion
 is deemed too op, Lava Lash and Stormstrike should at the very least be the only melee abilitesi that procs Flametongue Weapon.

* Spirit Weapons should also buff Flametongue Weapon by 30%.

* Windfury should have a slight spellpower scaling based on weapon speed.

With all the changes mentionned above, it would atleast be better in PvE for spellswords.

* Frost Shock and Frostbrand should apply the mage "Chill" effect, allowing it to benefit from Frost talents. 
Less class-making + opens up the idea for a melee spellsword to use Frostbrand combined with Fingers of Frost / Brain Freeze 
for instant cast fireballs (or later, Frostfire bolt).

4) Metamorphosis should allow the usage of all warrior/rogue (AKA melee) attacks in addition to Warlock spells. 
This is mostly a "demon hunter" class fantasy suggestion.

5) Careful Aim (Marksmanship Hunter) and Mental Dexterity (Enhancement Shaman) should be merged.

6) Predatory Swiftness (Feral druid talent) should also proc from rogue finishers. Opens up a rogue/druid playstyle revolving around 
poisons and nature damage (which gets even more benefit if the above mentionned change to Stormstrike is also applied). Again, less 
class-masking = more diversity

7) Static Shock needs a massive proc rate increase. The talent is completely useless right now. It should also have stayed as a 3 pts 
talents.

8) I suggest making combining all the demon pets into a 3/4 AE ability. Right now they are completely overshadowed by the versatility
 of hunter pets. By making them cost more they could also be buffed better.
In addition to that, the following changes should be made :
* The Summon Felguard ability should cost 1 AE 1 TE but requires the above mentionned ability.
The Felguard also needs a small boost in PvP as it overshadowed by the succubus / felhunter / voidwalker. His damage is negligible 
anyway and these pets provide a lot of utility. My suggestion is to add a healing reduction to his Legion Strike ability 
(similar to how it is in Cataclysm). For balance's sake, this reduction should be lower than 50% but will be overwritten by Wound Poison,
 Furious Attacks, Mortal Strike, Aimed Shot etc... when these are applied on the target.
* Empowered Imp should work with non-warlock spells.
* Mana Feed could be changed so that whenever the player receives a mana gain from a talent/ability (Innervate, Judgement of the Wise, 
Water Shield, etc...) the demon could receive the same amount AKA my idea is to not limited demon usage to builds who have Lifetap or 
Warlock Spells (using Soul Leech) since without it demons tend to quickly run out of mana in PvE.

And of course, they also need a lot of bug-fixing, such as 
* The fact that their stats do not appear on the character info (C)
* Macros using demon abilities do not work (but Hunter pets work fine)
* Demonic Knowledge, Demonic Brutality, Improved Imp not working.

9) Master Conjuror (Demonology) is a useless talent It needs a massive buff to a viable alternative to other increases.

10) Vengeance (Ret pala tree) was massively nerfed with it's loss of physical damage bonus. I understand it was changed to avoid abuse 
by melee builds so perhaps it could be changed to this :
* Divide the physical and holy damage bonuses into two different buffs (each stacking 3 times).
* The physical damage bonus is only granted when critically striking with a Holy Spell
* The holy damage bonus is only granted when critically striking with a melee attack
* The buff lasts 10 seconds. This way, you need to have 2 or 3 holy spells in your rotation to realistically have a high uptime 
on the physical damage buff.

* The possibility of testing whether my build works or not before applying it to live in Andorhal.

Other Comments, Suggestions, or Feedback: None.

Character Name(s):
Hundoslavus, Localthug, Tinderbox

Being an active player on Ascension and their forums.

Categories:

System Functionality:

The realm itself was mostly accessible at all times. The authentication servers were having some trouble Sunday evening.

The issue was resolved within reasonable time, however.

NPCs were generally functioning correctly as to their class and behaviour, but there are still stock bugs present where monsters in rare cases just start regenerating health and evade all attacks in the midst of combat only to reset themselves, even if they don't find themselves stuck or moving. This applies to both the world and instances.

In addition, NPCs seem to ignore partial resists when it comes to Frost damage done to players. Full resists seem to be working as intended, however. I am reporting this to the bug tracker for reference.

The custom UI tools were functioning to a decent extent. Some notes:

• Multi specialization does not store action bars (unsure if this is intended or impossible to do in the first )
  • Random enchants that later had their values reduced or increased display their new values in the enchanting altar, but the old values are still displayed on the item, causing confusion in regards to what the actual modifier is. (A prime example would be the random enchant for Fury Warrior's Improved Whirlwind which was changed from 10/20% to 3/6%). The displayed value is 20%, but the enchant in the altar says 6%.

Creature AI for casters or channeled skills are sometimes wonky. They often interrupt themselves in the midst of a spell cast despite not being encouraged to do so, e.g getting low on health to switch to a heal. Channeled spells are also sometimes randomly interrupted to prefer other spells.

Communication

• Developers were majorly present and engaging during the second instant weekend, but the lack of staff handling tickets and user issues seemed to be lacking. I had a ticket up for both Saturday and Sunday during the event and received no response.
  • Changes to the game world are easily accessible through the changelog.

Being able to freely toy around with the classless mindset without limit, testing balance at max level and at max level item compositions, testing max level with series of relevant random enchants corresponding to your build/class.

Reforge tokens (might need a rename) should be considered being incorporated into the live release alongside gold as random enchant options and should be dropped from certain bosses in a certain level bracket, such as 40+ (At a reduced rate, however, perhaps 1 per regular boss and 2 for a final one)

Character Name(s):
Kayn, Udyr, Azzinoth, 

How did you find out about the event?:
Official Ascension Discord announcements

So to note: I did not have a lot of time to test things this weekend, as it was a long weekend for us Canadians and I had work all three
nights. Keep that in mind.

Systems Functionality: 
The server was up for most of the weekend. There were a lot of restarts for minor fixes, almost too many tbh, but that is understandable.
Sunday was a mess, and honestly I think we should have gotten another day to play around and test on both sides of the weekend.

Communications:
For the most part GMs were definitely around and tried their best to keep the server in line the whole weekend.

Describe your issue:
Alright.

*Several talents just did not work.
*Dungeoneering event was a mess, trying to run it along side the PvP event was a bad idea. Most of the raids (Onyxia, ZG) were down most
of the weekend, and MC felt a little too challenging at some points.
*Running a dungeon event and either a) not giving us keys or b) not putting a teleport inside instances that require keys that
are required for achievements is a little shady when we had very little time.
*In the Stratholme (Scarlet Crusader side) instance, Balnazzar seemed to be overtuned compared to every other boss, but that could be
more that my group zoned out for most of the instance and suddenly had an ability to interrupt. Would need to run again.
*Some reagents needed for abilities just weren't there, and some abilities weren't in the trainers which caused issues when it came to 
builds.
*There didn't seem to be enough players there for Dungeon/Raid content to be able to properly test. I saw two, maybe three MC runs 
started, one was on accident because of a bug with Ony's Lair, and two ZG runs, one of which was halted due to bugs.
*Multi-specialization tended to "forget" talents and abilities when swapping between them, and my Titan's Grip warrior lost both 
Seal of Command and Titan's Grip during a raid run. I was told there was nothing that could be done about it, even though apparently 
other people got their abilities back (both Verydad and Harambe were in the run to monitor)

There are a number of other issues I had with it over the course of the weekend, but they were either so small I couldn't remember them, 
or I forgot it because of work. Apologies I couldn't provide better feedback.

Planning could be improved. Execution could be improved.
Honestly I feel bad trying to critique further. I know it's a small team of people who do this because they enjoy it. 
But, that's essentially it. This whole weekend event seemed poorly conceived and executed, and it could have been done a lot better. 

Getting to make cool builds and try them out in dungeons. That's honestly one of the few reasons why I'm playing the server.
I don't care much for progression or FFA pvp. I'm here for crossfaction, classless fun. Yeah, the fact that the softcore server won't
have crossfaction is one of the reasons why I'm probably not going to play on it, and soulbound items. 
I want to be able to group with my friends while we play the hero we want to play, not get stuck on a particular faction and 
possibly end up playing something we don't like. And it would be nice to run dungeons together and trade items among ourselves 

Nothing to comment at this time.

Character Name(s):

PewPewPewPew on Andorhal 
Leeroy on Sarg Uther and Thrall

Categories:(Systems Functionality, Communications)

Describe your issue:
Was not informed how the title would be obtained. Just from logging on, killing a boss?
I'm not sure how or even if I got the title.
Also frenzied regen needs fixed so I can become god tank pls.

Fix frenzied regen for all the burr tanks out there.
Inform in greater detail how titles would be obtained.

Everything but the never ending spam to write a feedback.

I guess I'll give some extremely honest feedback. The group was open to too many people that did not know what they were doing. Due to this finding a worthwhile group was complete and utter hell. During the event I only got 6ish dungeons done and 4ish of them I ragequit because the party was so horrible we could not kill a single thing. Not to mention the miscommunication with how to earn the title. Now because I got fed up with wasting my time trying to carry pathetic people who could not run a late game dungeon even if they had godmode on I don't get my title. To top it all off I was busy trying to take care of a kidney stone that was making me piss blood. This event was not at all fun compared to the pvp event. The whole event was out of whack with us being informed things that were not true and a bunch of other stuff. For example: You will get the title from playing during the event. That does not sound like playing and finishing every dungeon available. Or another: You will get reforge tokens from completing dungeons. Why do we need tokens if there was a GM spam giving us gold? That gave us the perfect opportunity to not have to need any tokens. I think the only good things about this event were the ability to test builds and also the fact that we got a reveal of the new system. Now I'm not trying to be rude here or anything, but communication is something that seriously needs worked on. I am extremely upset that I will not be obtaining the title even though I did what was told to me: Play on the server.

Edit: Even more feedback coming to mind. The whole event was filled with lag for me. If I were to go to another  server I would see pings of around a hundred or so, but if I went to the test server It would instantly jump to 500+ leaving me with issues buying gear, applying random enchants, etc. Other people say they did not experience this lag, but a majority is not all. I am guessing other people had lag issues as well, just not all.

ps: I feel cheated out of my title.

Character Name(s):
Joniz

I stalk the forums ;)

Systems Functionality

The server crashing and lag during the 3s tournament was pretty annoying, I just didn't bother logging back in after the 3rd or 4th crash. 
Not that optimistic that a large enough pvp community will take hold come live, considering we struggled to get even 5 teams for day 2.

The interact bug still exists but it's no biggie.

Love the Custom UI and always will, it integrates so perfectly with the original UI.

Pets still get stuck from time to time but not game breaking.

From a PvP perspective: 

Still not a fan of how the damage output is balanced. In non-raid gear burst is already really high and it's only going to increase.
Casting definitely feels more viable now in PvP, overall, a good and knowledgeable player can make any sort of build "work" and I think 
that's a good place.I think dot builds are still way too strong, even after the VT nerf, there is still no real counter to UA and VT 
beyond Ice Block/bubble etc effect resets. Trying to dispel either dot is absolute suicide, tried dispelling both at once and took around
4k damage! In a battle of attrition these dot builds will always win eventually. Even VT and UA aside, a lot of people raged at me 
during the last instant 60 event when I was just running corruption and agony as a healer. 
For newer players it's too hard to counter, maybe that's fine? 

Only other proper complaint would be the healing debuff effect. Specs that cannot get the healing debuff are at a major disadvantage. 
It's way too highand not really blizz-like when everyone has it. I can see why the fear of hybrids being too dominant could be a problem,
but I feel that is more a problem of crazy mana options more than healing output.Right now, it feels as if any spell caster will have 
to pick up Aimed Shot if the wow class they are using doesn't have access to it. Also, as a healer, it makes the already strong absorbs
even more necessary as they prevent the debuff from being put on someone. The debuff has gone fromsomething useful (and thematic 
e.g. a rogue poisoning a target) but not required for PvP in normal wow, to something that is baseline. 

What the hell is going to happen with PvP gear on launch? Currently the quests require you to spend most of your time doing non-PvP 
related activity out in the world. If it stays like this on launch I guess it'll be going back to doing dungeons for gearing.

From a PvE perspective:
I really think you guys have nailed it. Anything is viable if you put in the work, get the gear and get the REs.
It would be nice if the RE tokens were to stay on as a feature, and certainly give more of an incentive to re-running dungeons, 
hard-mode extra RE tokens and I would be hooked. Also quad-spec! A bit buggy but still great. 

Only major gripe is how uninteresting healing is in dungeons. A good tank takes zero damage. Nil. For raiding, AoE specific specs are required
which are not really varied, only really two options, nature or holy. The new forum is harder to read than before. Weird book background is 
just,....weird and ... shit?  It looked much cleaner before.

Communications

Staff are mostly awesome, helpful and fun.
Updates come across as a bit disorganised (compare this instant 60 event to the previous one, and the reforge weekend was
a mess with changing prices).Even now still a lot of info missing about release: What is going to be sold on the cash shop 
at launch? What are xp rates? etc...

Character Name(s):
Wellfaredps (i60 server)
Palagnome (Sargeras)
Melee (Andorhal)

I am a pretty active player on Project Ascension, so i heard about it from guildies, and read it in world chat and discord.

In my opinion the instant 60 event was very badly planned, this starts with simple stuff like reagents and dungeon keys missing and 
ends with issues that actually keep the community from properly testing. These issues being for example, that DM North and West and 
Onyxia's Lair couldnt even get tested at all ( i don't really care about that because i did them a multitude of times on the other servers, 
but for new players that might suck).Also Communication wasn't that great, did we ever get the official statement on what will be
needed for dungeoncrawler? I don't know.

Describe your issue:

My main issue with the instant 60 event was that i couldnt log in at all after sunday 3pm because of a bug that made my client fail to 
retrieve character list, even though i gave a very precise report and even had a suggestion how to solve the issue, i couldnt get any
help on that because the only GM i managed to tackle on that issue didn't have sufficient powers to help me, he tried to get a higher 
ranked GM to help but nothing happened with that for around 7 hours. This really pissed off because i couldn't finish all the dungeons
in order to get dungeoncrawler done. In case that was even what we had to do for dungeoncrawler, noone i asked could really give me 
an answer.

Proper organization.

The ability to respec for free and theorycraft builds

If i dont get that title even tho i did all dungeons except for Scholo, which i couldnt do because i couldnt login i'll be pissed.

I just wanted to say that only because my feedback for the event was very negative, that doesnt mean i do not appreciate the hard work you put into this server. I am a longtime player (11 months now i believe) and i really enjoy the concept of this server,  but the event was poorly organized in my opinion.

Character Name(s): Zurriel Zerifel Oniichan Bunny Notahunter

I've Playing the Server Since September of last year so naturally I'd know about the I60 realm

Categories: (Systems Functionality, Communications) 
Systems Functionality

Describe your issue:
the trash mobs in ZG being over tuned

the fact that all the raids I got into were aids

the reforge Tokens and the Dual Spec

Buff The Enhance tree as an over all

Character Name(s):

Rhetoric

Discord

Categories:

Muti-Spec not saving action bars was a little eh. Still Sweet.

I didn't know how to get the title either...

Describe your issue:

My biggest issue was how eazy dungeons where. Everyone just spamming AoE and melting things down.

I was actually told at one point if I didn't have if I didn't have an AoE Spec to leave.

Only raid i got into was terrible.

There was no Free Coffee or Donuts >.<

Raise the hp of mobs and boss's in these dungeons. Less ClassMasking. Stealth seems weak.

Free Coffee and Donuts.....

Being able to test out new builds. Spent most of my time beating on the Dummies.

Could have been longer through the 4th would have been Great. Free RE reforge would have really let us go wild.

Over All Amazing Job Guys!!! I myself have been waiting for this a Long Time....  Who would have thought huh? 

Edited by Rhetoric

Character Name(s): Lyfe, Lyfefu, Lyfeful Lyfeless, Lyfee, Lyfeëeëeëeëe, Lyfëeëeëeëeë

Word on the street

Describe your issue:
1. For an instant 60 test, keys for dungeons were definitely a headache, rather than going in and testing right away most of the time you're stopped at a door.
GMs are nice enough to assist but it was still problematic. 

2. Reforge token drops are wonky. If group loot was set to Need before Greed, the entire group would have to roll for that one token, to fix this problem we had to use Free for all type of loot system so everyone can grab their token. Other than that it was RNG, at times we would finish the dungeon only to have looted one or none Reforge Token.

3. Some Talents and Abilities do not work properly as described, examples would be Frenzied Regeneration (Feral Ability), Improved Imp (Demo Talent), and Master Demonology (Demo Talent) to name only a short few, there are plenty of other. 

1. For instant 60, make it so keys are given or not required for dungeons if the goal is to test dungeons.

2. Better drop rate on Reforge Token. And/or allow it so you're guaranteed to be given a handful of Tokens upon completion of dungeon or in rare cases, you're leaving without any (waste of time). 

3. Fix Talents and Abilities to work as described.

In addition, some talents do not work together with similar descriptions, examples would be:

Vindication   Ret  
  Demoralizing Shout   Fury   These Three do not stack
  Demoralizing Roar   Feral  
  Blood Frenzy   Arms   These Two do not stack
  Savage Combat   Combat   *gets over ride by recent application

*Whether it be for balance reasonings or other issues in play, many players wouldn't know and in turn waste their TE/AE. Tool Tip descriptions would be good. 

Being able to respec talents and abilities.

As many have suggested or asked in the past, a better system for Reforging Random Enchants, the RNG-ness of it makes it not only stressful and provides headaches, it can be very unsettling when you put so much time and effort and never in the light of day will obtain the Random Enchant that you want.

While it may be a unique system, different from many other private servers, the huge RNG factor holds it back from being truly great. And in many cases, it is simply cheaper to just find an item with the proper RE you are looking for, instead of gambling your funds all away (ie Ignoring the Reforge completely). 

Edited by LYFE

Character Name(s): Toshin, Tatakai, Gril, Tankenspank, Litbeard, Yourdad

Describe your issue: When I was playing my Titans Grip build I used the dual spec system, made a new spec, but once I changed back to my Titans Grip spec I was missing Titans Grip but didn't receive any ability or talent essence back.  So the first thing I did was refund all talent and ability essences and I did not receive all of them from resetting, I somehow ended up up only 51 ability essence and a few less talent essence, a note worth mentioning is maybe it had some weird interaction with berserk stance or something since when I changed specs my bars where wiped on my original build. Also I heard some people were having trouble with judgement of the wise and I noticed on my caster character, Yourdad whenever I put points into caster talents it would not increase my haste or at least it wouldn't display an increase on my character info or on the cast time of the spell, as well the same problem with the general ability you can get called Spell Mastery that supposed to give you a 20% spell haste buff, and yes I did have some base haste from gear. (PS the character I experienced the missing ability and talent essence on I deleted his name was Heiwa)

What overall can be improved? Bug fixes such as stated above, along with more detail tool tips on talents such as letting us know if certain passives don't stack or certain cool-downs such as the Beast Within talent not working with something like Death Wish.

What was your favorite part about the weekend event? Definitely testing builds, as someone who has played on Sargeras but prefers more of the instant 60 action due to having everything right when you create a character, I do really enjoy coming up with new ideas or seeing other peoples build ideas and putting my own twist on them, compared to having to fantasize about what build I will try out at lvl 60 and seeing if the build ACTUALLY works out.

Other Comments, Suggestions, or Feedback: I highly suggest that you constantly keep up a test instant 60 server almost exactly like you have now, I say this because there are so many people who love to just sit there and attempt to create new and interesting builds that they want to see will work before they go and level a character or spend their time and gold resetting and retying over and over again on the normal 1-60 servers, plus I can almost guarantee it will help draw in new players and help them warm up to the idea of the server by being able to try and create their own builds right off the bat. On a side note I know you probably don't want players just playing the instant 60 realm but if you were to  keep one up you don't have to have raids and dungeons enabled you can just have them in the AQ area with training dummies and the vendors to simply let people see if their builds are even viable before committing on the main server,. PLEASE GIVE THIS CONSIDERATION, everyone I talked to who was playing on the instant 60 server loved how they could test their builds, including myself, it was the best time I've had playing Project Ascension.

Character Name(s): Carebear

How did you find out about the event? Been playing a while

Categories: NPCs

Describe your issue: Deathcasters of God bosses and trash monsters (any spell).

What overall can be improved?  Considering I was a bear in the 8k HP and around 15% damage reduction, 40-something avoidance and if I pulled Scarlet Gallants - their holy strikes were doing well over 2,000 damage a hit (to me). They were DESTROYING anyone else who was unfortunate enough to get them. If there was a group with 2 gallants, I died before the healers could pop anything off.  The Scarlet Boss (the demon) one-shotted the entire party with his judgment and proceeded to kill me with his magic attack right after.

What was your favorite part about the weekend event? Just the chance to experiment with builds, powers, and so forth.

Other Comments, Suggestions, or Feedback: Fix the caster-monsters in this game. They have a lack of cool downs and STUPID high damage to the point they can 1-2 shot bear tanks.  The caster NPCs seem TOO over-tuned.

Character Name(s):

Tastybeef, Zim

Through Discord chat.

Describe your issue:

Only game issues I found I have already submitted into the bug reporting system. Most systems functioned properly from my interactions except it appeared a few transmogs were not working for a few of the items but that is just a minor inconveniences to me at least.  I did have issues with the Multispec system as when you do change specs it doesn't remember your spell layouts for your action bars.  Not sure if this can be implemented for some quality of life improvement when switching between specs.  Communications seemed great the presence of the staff was very much felt as we saw them interacting and engaging with the players throughout the event.  

What overall can be improved?  I think PvE was working great, dungeon difficulty was tuned to expected levels.  Although we did a lot of AOE pulls with mass AOE damage and absent crowd control this is to be expected of a BIS blue set with REs tailored perfectly to certain specs.  I believe that if you removed the gear to what you would be wearing while gearing in these dungeons and removed perfect REs then the difficulty would be excellent and CC would be required.  This tuning made me really excited to play this game!  For PvP though I found it to be a bit too free.  In order to pvp you either had to pick up a 1 shot build or a mass cooldown caster build to be viable with any and all OH SHIT cooldowns.  I am not sure how to correct this to be honest and I am sure you as a staff are dealing with the same thoughts.  

I do believe that you could tie a few mechanics together to ease this style of pvp though and make it more enjoyable to all.  You could tie certain CDs together like Pally Bubble, Dispersion, and then deterrence.  It is really annoying to fight a shadow caster who is healing from dots when they can pop both of these cooldowns back to back and you cant do anything to them.  Maybe have a system that links immunity CDs to an internal 30sec CD to make them still viable for a spec but not chainable.  This could also be applied to damage reduction pally damage reduction bubble and shield wall.  

I also think, like you did for taunts, that all interrupts should have a least a 6sec lockout so you cannot chain interrupt someone (6sec being cooldown for wind shear the lowest cd interrupt).  This will help to encourage casters in pvp I think. You could maybe also implement a system like diminishing returns for interrupts so that even if multiple interrupts happen on a single caster from multiple people there will be a point where they are uninterruptible and do not lose casting time. Say 6sec of immunity after two interrupts, and time starts after the second interrupt wears off.  I know instant casts are favored atm and that you are trying to pull the casting mechanic into a viable position.  

I did enjoy the MC event you guys held.  It was rough, some people obviously had never stepped foot in MC before, the skill level and outputs of each raid member varied greatly because of skill, and we wiped on trash way too many times.  But overall it was fun.

Overall I believe the game is in a decently playable state. Enough for me to level and play on it as certain bugs and balancing is done.  Blizzard never had a fully balanced game and never will, I think you guys are as close as you will ever be with a few tweaks, possibly some of what is discussed above.  I am happy to be a part of this project and look forward to its success as it goes live.  

I see the 40man vs 25man poll which I participated in and feel that if the raids are ready now at 40man and it would take substantial time to rebalance them to 25 then leave them at 40man.  Maybe develop and balance 25man on the side as a more difficult version of the instance kinda like hard modes only harder because of the decrease in raid size it would make it easier to organize but harder overall and would attract some of the hardcore raiders to do them.  If the 25man balancing is easy then I feel, though the original raids were 40, 25 man is much better for the community especially initially as Ascension starts out and grows.  This obviously depends on how much work you ultimately need to convert from 40man to 25man, but in my opinion 25man is much much more viable and still difficult to coordinate. Just don't make them 10 or 15man, leave that to ZG haha.  If you would like to speak further please find me in discord and I would love to chat further and hear your thoughts.  Thanks for your time and consideration hope my ideas help improve the project.

Edited by Zim

Character Name(s):

• Xajunara

• I am a member since Awakening, I know everything! Discord

Describe your issue/ What overall can be improved?

• Accessibility of realm and uptime: Good. It crashed and restarted a lot of times, but it is still a beta..
  • NPCs functioning correctly: Very good
  • Custom User Interface working properly: Very good. AIO Dualspec was not shown correctly - empty spaceholder - switching between spec sometimes (very rare) leads to loosing every or some skill/talents
  • Creature Behavior (AI): Very good. Mind controll is the big known issue. Creatures screaming for help attract other creatures form far far away (Dire Maul North f.e.).
  • Spell and Balance functionality: Good-Satisfactory. Many spells and talents dont work like intented or described. But the good thing is you have a Bugtracker!
  • Website Accessibility: Excellent
  • Any other system(s) related behavior: -
  • Staff Presence, Responsiveness, and Helpfulness: Excellent. Would like to see more of those in the future. keeps the server alive!
  • Continued Updates: none-stop, Excellent !
  • Online Presence (Was there enough “hype”?): Nope. The Hype is over. I hope the release attracts much more player! Expectations were too big. Release date is a surprise for me, the game doesnt feel 100% ready.
  • Ease of Knowledge (Did you know the event was happening and what it entailed?):  -

• Testing builds and how well they function in a dungeon/raid!

• Unbalanced damage between caster and melee in general (PvE). I would like to suggest for a even more "open" system where you could choose and mix from different talent trees more freely - Caster builds would definitely benefit a lot!! The restriction (for mage only, f.e.) is not good for a CLASSLESS Hero.
  • The "General Tab" for Spell Mastery and Dual Wield feels unfair. Why should I spend AE for Spell Mastery to profit as a caster but Tanks f.e. can ignore the "General Tab". They can block, parry and dodge without spending any AE.
  • A raidsize of 25-Man or even lower is so needed. There are a lot of privat server who scaled down the encounters to 10- and 5-Man and its that feature which (in my opinion) keeps them alive. I know there are people who wouldn't like the idea, but most people play on privat server for fun. If the fun is on, people tend to spend (more) money. Anyway I hope its something for the future and that you will keep it in mind!
  • Creating and testing a Character is great and so much fun on this server. The "Random Enchant-Mechanic" feels great and rewarding, awesome feature!!
  • Quad-Spec is a needed and fantastic feature. So Main-Healer or Tanks can respec to farm gold or change roles in groups/raids. Awesome!
Edited by Xayam