Sign in to follow this  
MaloW

[Addon] [PvP] Show items dropped on death and looted on kill

I've made 2 addons that me and my friends have been using for a while now and I figured I should share them with some more people.

MaloWAscDeathDrop - This addon will print all items in your chat that you drop when you are killed in PvP combat.

MaloWAscKillLoot - This addon will broadcast gold and items that you loot from players to other people in your party/raid that also uses the addon, and they will have that printed in their chats.

(MaloWUtils - A support-addon containing code required by all the other addons.)

The addons probably have a few bugs left that me and my friends haven't found yet. If you encounter any feel free to report them to me and I'll see if I can get them fixed.

Direct download: https://github.com/Malow/MaloWAscensionAddons/releases/download/v1.0/MaloWAscensionAddons.zip

If anyone wants to contribute then feel free hit me up and we can discuss it. Be warned though, I'm quite a novice at Lua so the code is not the cleanest.

Github page: https://github.com/Malow/MaloWAscensionAddons

Dude I love you! ❤️
Thanks for creating this addon, I will test it out with my guildies asap.

It works as intended so far. Only thing I can put a finger on, is that the items you see in chat being dropped doesn't show the REs on them.
Very nice addon, this is addressing an issue players have had for a very long time.

Edited by Beastly

2 hours ago, Beastly said:

It works as intended so far. Only thing I can put a finger on, is that the items you see in chat being dropped doesn't show the REs on them.
Very nice addon, this is addressing an issue players have had for a very long time.

Cool, glad to hear it's working!

Regarding REs sadly that is quite difficult to solve and not something I can do on my own I think. I've talked a bit with the Ascension-dev Shelly who gave me some help regarding the REs (basically extract the custom .mpq file and find the Ascension-addons there that applies the RE-text to the tooltip), so I did some digging around there but I couldn't figure out any way to really get the RE-information about an item from within my own addons. I think what's needed is some work from the Ascension-devs to create a Lua-API that can be used by addons like this to get that sort of information, but I doubt something like that would be prioritized as it's honestly not that important compared to many of the other things that can be improved upon :)

I created some custom functions that might be helpful. They are contained within RE-Link addon so they should be available everywhere.

/run for k,v in pairs(_G) do if k:find("WithRE") and print(k) then end end

you can use them in the MaloWUtils_GetEquippedAndInventoryItemState() function to save item.link (those custom functions take same arguments as original functions).

1 hour ago, Arkoniel said:

I created some custom functions that might be helpful. They are contained within RE-Link addon so they should be available everywhere.

you can use them in the MaloWUtils_GetEquippedAndInventoryItemState() function to save item.link (those custom functions take same arguments as original functions).

Awesome, it's exactly something like this I meant. I'll update my addons to use these, however I don't do that much wPvP anymore so it might take a while before I can actually test if my changes work and release a new version :)

Thanks!

15 hours ago, Arkoniel said:

It seems these "WithRE" functions are quite computationally heavy. Any time items are changed my addons create a full snapshot of the current items, and it causes a noticeable freeze using "WithRE" functions instead. I can probably work around this though by only doing the item-link lookups when needed instead of doing a full refresh every time a change is detected.

Guest Orandord

So, I love the Idea of the addon but I can't manage to get ANY addon to work for my ascension client...