Sign in to follow this  
Ashsj1992

My PvP experience on Ascension

I love the idea's of Ascension but...

Battlegrounds

it is always very 1 sided you either Win by no deaths and camp there graveyard or lose and get camped

not very often does a good competitive BG take place.

This is because of the difference between 1 player and another can be ridiculous 1 overpowered player can Solo a bg

That is why its so temperamental and it isn't fun on the winning side too, its like playing Wack a Mole.

In order for better PvP experience the effects on RE's must be Reduced and the Base stats must be high making stats on gear worth a little less

This actually changes nothing regarding customization and the fact a better player will still beat those will lesser gear or build.

World PvP 

After 3 hours farming in Plague lands..

First PvP encounter i won and got some decent stuff

Second Pvp encounter i lost in a 2 on 1 situation 

which cost me to lose 8 items..  8! I worked out i was down by -90g+

so 3 hours completely wasted

What is this system ? i have learnt there is no incentive to WPvP

As for Crows Treasure they are always taken by the top guild "Warmongers" which they even tackle 2 at a time

So it a case of losing more than you gain or joining them and receiving no PvP conflict.

Why do we have to follow this Timeline.. Surely we can atleast have Arena Season 1 now for some real PvP which 3v3 is and always will be the best form of PvP.

Balance

Balance changes take forever..  TG was notorious for so long.. eventually it got nerfed

but even now the top TG players in the realm can 2 shot 4 players at once the fact it used to be worse for so long is disgusting to imagine

Then there is this judgment spec.. i have lost count how many players i have seen lost over 6k+ health in 1.5 seconds

Poison Hunters and Ambush Rogues are noteworthy too

It honestly Feels like PvP is still in Beta Access

Additionally you come across less Builds in Ascension than in retail because 50% of the population plays 1 of the 4 builds mentioned with little difference between them.

With the other 50% that don't follow the crowd still use all the Mandatory Abilities making it feel like We are playing the same class but with more Specs.

With the current progression rate of these issues i think the 2022 Timeline is very Optimistic.

Edited by Ashsj1992
Spelling

7 hours ago, Ashsj1992 said:

1 overpowered player can literally Solo a bg

this is not what literally means

Second Pvp encounter i lost in a 2 on 1 situation 

which cost me to lose 8 items..  8! I worked out i was down by -80g

so 3 hours completely wasted

What is this system ? i have learnt there is no incentive to WPvP 

you are correct about the lack of incentive to go out in the world, especially given the lack of risk from raiding and BGs that still reward sick fucking gear. However if you go out in the world alone, you need to spec accordingly. This usually means stealth.

Afaik, I've heard some devs talk about adding penalties from grouping up in terms of player drops. We'll see.

As for Crows Treasure they are always taken by the top guild "Warmongers" which they even tackle 2 at a time 

it is normal that the top guild wins the chest, but something should be done to avoid monopoly. This needs to come from the community tho.

but even now the top TG players in the realm can 2 shot 4 ppl at once the fact it used to be worse for so long is disgusting to imagine

?

Then there this judgment spec.. i have lost count how many players i have seen lost over 6k+ health in 1.5 seconds

a glitch allowing judgement to proc things multiple times is currently being fixed.

Poison Hunters and Ambush Rogues are noteworthy too

get stealth detection, flare ... ? Poison hunters are fine if you have sufficient gap closing ability and if you're a caster it's just matchup dependent. Ambush rogues feel cheap but that's only true if there's a big gear difference which is part of the game. I agree that overscaling is a problem and afaik the staff is aware of it too.

Additionally you come across less Builds in Ascension than in retail because 50% of the population plays 1 of the 4 builds mentioned with little difference between them.

this is an issue that I agree with, the meta builds are way too strong and a lot of spells like Blink and divine shield are simply mandatory given that they cost as much to learn as Track Beasts

@steakhouse

Yeah from my Experience from Wpvp and no Arena, i will just stay in SW spamming Bgs until i get bored and play something else

I understand that its a community issue regarding Crows Treasure but its an issue worth pointing out

I think if WPvp was to improved there would be more guilds wanting to challenge them.

Yes TG is still overpowered and very overused for that reason.. the fact there single target damage is higher than most builds while being Aoe is just horrible design 

Some of the Top TG users in the realm solo every battleground they enter I also wanted to point out this is after some nerfs..

Even if judgment is getting fixed.. they are taking an unacceptable amount of time to do so, a lot of people have probably already rage quit the game.

the wait isn't even over, i have never seen anything more OP than a fully RE'd Judgment build in any PvP platform iv played it should be considered embarrassing.

If this was retail it would of been Hotfixed in the first few days i don't expect that kind of response here but i do expect more than this.

I have been playing Wow PvP for 8 years i know how to make a build to counter other classes and i have no issues with Ambush Rogues for sure

But the 4 mentioned Specs are by far overwhelming in popularity because of their strength.

Having spells like Divine Shield, Blink & Freedom costing 3 points instead of 2 would be a very good idea indeed.

Edited by Ashsj1992

I edited your topic title.

We value your opinion and the experience you had. We just ask that you share it without a title that is going to create a toxic response and leaves no opportunity for improvement or discussion around the topic. We want to encourage our players to share their experiences, opinions, and suggestions in a constructive manner.

In an ideal world, raids should have been disabled outright from Laughing Skull. The server appears to have been created with the straight PvP focus, but contradicts itself since it doesn't really follow Focus.  Since raiding awards good gear, AND is only dangerous in the sense of journeying to the summon stone, whats the point in going out and picking a fight in the first place ? Why does the safer activity offer significantly better reward  than the riskier one ?

On the topic of Titans Grip, it should honestly just be disabled. I can't think of any reason why NOT to pick it ever, since 3-1 points for another 2h worth of stats alone makes it worth it. Just drop it. 

3 hours ago, Syncen said:

In an ideal world, raids should have been disabled outright from Laughing Skull. The server appears to have been created with the straight PvP focus, but contradicts itself since it doesn't really follow Focus.  Since raiding awards good gear, AND is only dangerous in the sense of journeying to the summon stone, whats the point in going out and picking a fight in the first place ? Why does the safer activity offer significantly better reward  than the riskier one ?

On the topic of Titans Grip, it should honestly just be disabled. I can't think of any reason why NOT to pick it ever, since 3-1 points for another 2h worth of stats alone makes it worth it. Just drop it. 

You're definitely onto it. Laughing Skull should of been completely separate realm not using many of the Blizzlike Features. Make it so the main process of progression is to WPvP, make the rewards greatly out weigh the risks and stop people from grouping at all while in WPvP. It just makes no sense to half customize a realm and keep the old blizzlike features as a progression choice.

Edited by moskita

I wouldnt suggest to remove TG lol it but it should be recognised as an AoE build first such as Fury Warriors was in Wotlk.

I do like this idea, we all know High Risk servers are mainly for PvP players and it not difficult to have characters across two realms should someone be interested in PvE also

Edited by Ashsj1992

@Kaladin

I wouldn't say the Title was Toxic at all..

I believe PvP is in a Terrible state and i have gave alot of issues to support this opinion 

This was not an emotional response from my experience but a logical one that i wish to debate

"I love the idea's of Ascension but..." 

I very much want to help improve this experience so i and others can enjoy the game more, but i should be allowed to be honest in the process. 

Edited by Ashsj1992

@Ashsj1992

Titles like that do no promote discussion, which is why I altered it. 

If I created a topic, "This political party is terrible." It would devolve into two sides attacking each other. If I created a topic, "My experience with this political party could be improved by..." the focus would be on how it can be improved. Calling something terrible puts people on the defensive and in most cases removes the ability to have a decent discussion.

@Kaladin

I agree with that,  very well then.

But i do highly doubt it would of triggered an opposing party to attack, im sure these issues are shared or understood by us all on LS.

Edited by Ashsj1992

On 5/26/2018 at 5:15 AM, Syncen said:

In an ideal world, raids should have been disabled outright from Laughing Skull

i agree with this but this will never happen

IN my experience i agree with the biggest problems:

Balance: The game feels boring because people play literally 4 builds (TG whirlwind,Ambush Rogue,Seals, Poison Hunter) takes a day to realize there is a metagame and casters feel garbage, if there is no balance melee/caster half of the game fantasy is gone. For what i've heard tanks and healers can't beat TG and that shouldn't be like this because tanks and healers have always been OP in 1v1 situations since ever (and still in Legion after nerfs to Wpvp precisely...) 

The burst is all over the place , the excuse that "Vanilla was like this" is no excuse, specially because with the loot system you polarize the items, is virtually imposible for newcomers to catch up as if they look for world pvp they'll get beaten in a glimpse by better geared players that will loot their pieces and improve even more their gear detrimental to yours. On vanilla if you wanted to one shot people with rogues, enh shams or PoM pyro mages you had to clear AQ40 and Naxxramas which was quite a feat back then, you deserved that gear. Here you can get it from a 50 bear or you can gank people in a raid of 20 that gives them no chance to retaliate.

This builds are incredibly bursty, is not fun for the player but even worse for the victim, suddenly 3k ambush, cold blood eviscerate another 3k = dead, you don't even know what happened. 

Raids/group play: ironically the most geared people of the server sit in Org/SW they get the gear from raiding and ganking people that are outnumbered , they avoid risky situations. Too late to fix this i think unless you wipe the gear which is not fair for some people. 

Don't commit Blizzard's mistake again, they heard people loved world pvp and introduced wintergrasp,tol barad, ashran.... but this is just PvE disguised as PvP, there's no fun in a 50v50 battle where people die before you can target them and everything is a mess.

World pvp is funny when it is 1v1, blizzard never wanted to balance game for 1v1 but is needed on this server as this is the kind of PvP people like, if you fight very undergeared people maybe you can 2v1 but this shouldn't be the case and builds like the ambush rogue should be nerfed/reworked.

There should not be gear drop if you get killed in a Xv1 situation, you are encouraging the wintergrasp type PvP instead of the "Vanilla PvP" which is what people loved and blizzard destroyed.

Edited by Xaximbo

Yeah Balance and Scaling is pretty messed up and any changes to fix this has been very slow..

I don't know why they seem to think people will stick around at this rate

Considering Battle for Battle for Azeroth and Vanilla WoW is released soon they will have a huge Population drop and im not seeing alot of competitivity to challenge this.

I think the world PvP design regarding gear drops is good, Thats why we choose the High Risk Server

But there needs to be Anti Ganking laws, so less gear drops in 2v1 situations however still drops the same from 2v2s Etc

Also lowering the Amount you can drop in general.. 

I'm not sure what the max amount of items that can drop is but when i lost 8 gear items (bag & equipped) from a 2v1, i almost rage quit.

The Timeline is just a horrible idea regarding build designs. it is just limiting gameplay with less build options and no Arena

The worst thing about this is even if they do balance out PvP when lvl 70 or 80 comes around they will have to start all over again

This is the reason Blizzard still has never reached perfect balance

By the end of each Expansion balance is pretty good, until a new ones comes out and its chaos all over again. This will be worse in Ascension as scaling is more dramatic.

I have this idea that Wotlk PvP was the considered the greatest because class design didn't change dramatically from TBC

If it wasn't for the promotion of Death knights its would of had the best opening balance to an expansion and by season 9 PvP was in its prime

Until Shadowmourne With 40%+ armor penetration was more common..

In other words the build design delays will prevent Ascension from doing what Blizzard could not.

The fact Blizzard is not changing the core Class designs for Battle of Azeroth suggests they are now fully aware of this or...  Lazy idk :P

Edited by Ashsj1992