Sign in to follow this  
Aaron_

LS 1v1 Event | Date TBC

Laughing Skull - BO3 1vs1 Tournament

Hello fellow players of Laughing Skull,

Over the months of playing here so far, I see a lot of times that players wish to queue vs others in 1v1s, obviously as arena is not exactly a popular thing in this day and age with Crow’s Cache, Elemental Invasions, Battlegrounds, Raids etc, it’s overlooked but is still one of the main reasons why players begun and continue to play this game.

As much as I would love to host this event in the world, this is a high-risk server which means players can’t always be trusted, to ensure that players are not robbed of their epics, this will be hosted in the 1v1 arena, of course there is some RNG to that with ranged being favoured on Blade’s Edge etc but there is always a way to counter around that if you understand the arena well enough.

The way that this tournament will work is it will be a 32 entrants single elimination best of three series per match. You will be randomly drafted into the tournament using a random number generator and then will play yourself through the bracket until the end.

There is a 50g entrance fee, I will be creating a level one character (on both factions) and will use that character to trade the entrance fees, I will keep a spreadsheet of who is playing and who is paid, first come first serve. If you would like to donate additional gold to this event that would be much appreciated, I will put some of my own in also and I will split the gold depending on how much is donated.

Of course there will be certain rules to this tournament to make sure that it can run as smoothly as possible, players who have the ability to record can challenge if their opponent has broken any of these rules as follows:

- You must stick to one spec throughout the tournament, of course you do not need to tell anyone what spec you are playing to avoid being counter queued, if any players are found leaking other players specs throughout the tournament they will be disqualified.

- Healer specs are not allowed to be played during the tournament. Of course this is a classless realm and there are specs with high sustain which is fine, as long as you are still trying to kill your opponent and not just healing 24/7 as there is no dampening on the server which would be a huge time waste for other players, if you can provide sufficient proof that your opponent is playing a heal-only spec, please forward it onto myself appropriately.

Please be respectful during the tournament, of course there will be high tensions with a gold prize (hopefully!) on the line, but do not flame or insult your opponent at any stage of the tournament, if proof with a timestamp is shown of you harassing your opponent at any stage, you will be disqualified.

- You MUST provide screenshot proof of your arena matches and send them to me so I can update the bracket so we can ensure this event rolls smoothly.- Each set of 1v1s will be given a 30 minute timer, this is to ensure the event does not go on to late allowing players to be able to play throughout the whole tournament. I will create a group discord with all of the entrants and you can ask me questions whenever.

If you think of any other suggestions for rules, please speak to me on Discord at Aaron#1542 on in-game on LS @ Aaron

How the event will work

The event will be guild-based, each guild will be allowed to enter five players in to this tournament, of course that is not a multiplier of 5 so we are working on a first come first serve basis, please use the following template to sign yourself up for the tournament.

Ingame Name:

Guild:

Faction:

Discord (If applicable):

In terms of prizes, unfortunately there are no sponsored rewards but we are hoping on your help in terms of getting a nice reward for the guild who comes out on top.

If we do not fill up enough spaces we will allow for guilds to place more than 5 members of their guild into the event. If there’s enough demand for this and I get some help from others players we can look at bumping up the numbers to 64.

Lastly, please vote on the following strawpoll to see which time is well favoured. - https://www.strawpoll.me/15730983

If you have any suggestions, would like to help out or have any general questions feel free to contact me.

Edited by Aaron_

4 minutes ago, mindw0rk said:

I hope you guys find solution to capture event on video

The only way the whole thing could be broadcasted is players themselves streaming or a GM using spectator mode, ill speak to Kaladin and ask though.

There is a 50g entrance fee

there is no entrance fee

I'm probably missing something but is there a fee or not? This sounds like a fun event regardless!

Edited by ErA

44 minutes ago, ErA said:

I'm probably missing something but is there a fee or not? This sounds like a fun event regardless!

I edited it. There’s a fee now just to add some more gold to prize pot [:

1 hour ago, Aaron_ said:

The only way the whole thing could be broadcasted is players themselves streaming or a GM using spectator mode, ill speak to Kaladin and ask though.

If this could happen that would be legit.

I image spectating the whole tournament would be a big ask - As the GM's obviously have better things to do.

But if a GM could record the final few matches that would be great to watch, and could provide a bit of promotion for the server. 

We would love to help run events like this, but at the same time we can't help run every event proposed, so it's a tricky situation. If I say Yes to this... but No to the next person who wants to host an event, we will be accused of favoritism. I think the best solution is to have players manage their own events. The population will learn pretty quickly who the trusted and skilled event managers are. I'm excited to see this unfold!

Ingame Name: Era

Guild: Warmonger Clan

Faction: Horde

Discord (If applicable): ErA#3599

Damn Aaron, you big boy. 

I love the initiative and I hope this works/worked out for you my dude! 

Edited by Minco