Owondyah

New realm (question & suggestion)

I can live with higher rates.

I can live with a lot of custom stuff you made, which is amazingly done btw! (pretty much only server I can tell that has proper custom stuff)

BUT:

I can't simply live with this crossfaction ideas... it's turning me down from playing so hard.

For me, and I think for many of us, the WoW is about faction belonging, about that pride when you scream FOR THE "whatever faction you play" :)

I started on LS... loved the thrill but hated the fact that simply anyone can kill you ( i had 60 camping me 1h straight, cuz I killed his friend which was 2 levels above me btw...)

I re-rolled on Andorhal... someone posted recruit message for guild. I wanted to reply and got message that you can only send PMs to players of your own faction... Part of me died.

I really want to play on this project. Idea of making your own build is amazing, custom menus and features are absoultely brilliant. Minor bug here and there, pathing and buggy trainer menus didn't stop me from enjoying the game.

What really killed it for me is complete lack of immersion and I honestly thing you are thinking way to low of quality of such project if you think that regular blizzlike x1 realm with your custom features (excluding high risk features like item dropping and crow's treasure) won't work out.

I'm 100% sure that x1 realm with proper take on factions and grouping (blizzlike), paired with this classless system and tweaks you already done, would do miracle in wow private server scene.

I'm gonna take a break from Ascension as I really can't immerse myself into it. Being vanilla wow die hard fan I really care about my faction choice and seeing how here it doesnt really matter, kinda hits my immersion in weak spot.

Are there ANY CHANCES of such realm ever happening here?

Okay, you're all over the place dude. Take your time when typing. Andorhal is the exact thing you are looking for Ihave zero idea what you're whining about.  if you don't like world chat then leave it .. this post is rediculous lol.

i really like the "you can read other factions" in general and global chat

so

3 minutes ago, Superfastguy said:

Okay, you're all over the place dude. Take your time when typing. Andorhal is the exact thing you are looking for Ihave zero idea what you're whining about.  if you don't like world chat then leave it .. this post is rediculous lol.

^ this

all over the place.... 19 posts... ok...

leaving something doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Especially when it's used for most of things you need, and used by almost everyone present on server. So... xfaction chat still is a big turn off...

But yea... when I think about it... I really haven't given much thought about Andorhal, I'll give you that. If it's JUST xfaction chat, maaaaybe I could get used to it :P

Edited by Owondyah

There are cross faction BGs as well.  

But that exists for 2 reasons: 1 is faction imbalance, on Andorhal almost everyone is alliance, and alliance is the only faction with BWL on farm.

Which would mean without cross faction BGs, they would pop far less frequently, probably be close to non existent and be much more 1 sided.

Yeah your solution is to just do 1 of two things:
1: just ignore posts saying things like "LFG/LFM *Dungeon of your choice* *Faction you're not on*"
2: Turn off world chat.