Sign in to follow this  
Jebastian

Fear bug abusement

i've just ran into a very annoying bug, someone tried to gank me so i used Divine Shield with a rank 3 Light's Grace and immediately used my Hearthstone. what i noticed here is that the player completely stopped attacking me and was waiting for me till my hearthstone was at 99%. the moment my Hearthstone reached 99% the ganker used some kind of fear (not sure which one) when the fear hit me i immediately fell through the map running at about 80% movement speed mid air, i tried using any ability but i was unable to however the player was still able to attack me (i couldn't even see him) now after a few attacks i just simply died whitout being able to do anything about it and the good part of this story is that when i died my body fell on the exact location the ganker was standing so he could still loot me. i already made a ticket about it,got sent to the bugtracker and found out there wasn't any info that helped me with my issue, also received an answer from a GM that my problem wasn't explained properly thats why they sent me to the bugtracker. i simply didnt have enough room to type out my problem completely. hope any of you can help me with this somehow and explain what happened here.
Server: Laughing Skull
Player: Coffee
Area: Azshara, Temple of Arkkoran
position: Swimming
Player who attacked me: Kqtfactor

PS: he killed me a 2nd time today doing this hence my post

(Reposting since no response)

It always sucks to die to bugs, nextime take screenshot of your combat log from the moment you bubble and post the pictures. Then gm have better information and we can might help you with how he did it to fix this.

On 5/1/2018 at 3:15 PM, Jebastian said:
i've just ran into a very annoying bug, someone tried to gank me so i used Divine Shield with a rank 3 Light's Grace and immediately used my Hearthstone. what i noticed here is that the player completely stopped attacking me and was waiting for me till my hearthstone was at 99%. the moment my Hearthstone reached 99% the ganker used some kind of fear (not sure which one) when the fear hit me i immediately fell through the map running at about 80% movement speed mid air, i tried using any ability but i was unable to however the player was still able to attack me (i couldn't even see him) now after a few attacks i just simply died whitout being able to do anything about it and the good part of this story is that when i died my body fell on the exact location the ganker was standing so he could still loot me. i already made a ticket about it,got sent to the bugtracker and found out there wasn't any info that helped me with my issue, also received an answer from a GM that my problem wasn't explained properly thats why they sent me to the bugtracker. i simply didnt have enough room to type out my problem completely. hope any of you can help me with this somehow and explain what happened here.
Server: Laughing Skull
Player: Coffee
Area: Azshara, Temple of Arkkoran
position: Swimming
Player who attacked me: Kqtfactor

PS: he killed me a 2nd time today doing this hence my post

(Reposting since no response)

Hey dude!

Just wanted to put in my two cents. You actually mistimed your shield+hearth, leaving a gap where the shield ended before the hearthstone cast could finish. It was in this gap you were susceptible for cc or damge which both interrupts your cast. The fear pathing in itself is another issue. 'Falling through the ground' is a common issue on private servers, and is not exclusive to Project Ascension. I've been on the receiving end of this problem many times, especially when charging at players.

Hopefully this clears some stuff up. (I could have talked to you ingame, but you choose to talk smack and put me on ignore before i had the chance.)

- Kfactor