Ciroc

Higher item Drop rates petition

Hello Ascension Community :)

I for one am a player just like you but i need to get something off my chest...

I am going to list the problems i faced on this server that i have confirmed are common issues with most of the players i met throughout my experience on Ascension :)

in the end of this list i conclude my resolve to these issues with higher drop rates on this server for various reason which i will also list :)

ISSUES:

1. leveling along the way to 60 for the first time was very very motivating because i did not know what to expect at level 60 :) i met so many friends who i am to this day still playing on Ascension with and these are some of the best people i could have ever wanted to meet. The issue is when we got to level 60, we got ganked and then quickly realized that our specs were completely trash.

Losing the best gear we had on us was nothing compared to having to respec 2-3 times which cost 450g each and we had to do this partially naked while getting ganked every once in a while because we didnt even have good specs in the end :/ After many youtube videos i got very good at theory crafting but quickly realized that in order to have really good specs i need good gear and to get good gear i have to either have alot of gold or be in a guild.... problem was the guilds i was looking for only took ranged dps's because all of the meele spots were taken and they had full epic sets. i could not compete with them... the most viable option i had was a caster dps because they have the cheapest gear on the auction house and the most dynamic specs...... i was forced to respec caster essentially because all the meele gear was 3X the price ATLEAST and no guilds really needed meele dpsers... (Only 3 guilds at the time running raids on server). i havent played meele dps since... To summarize my story, The amount of time and value i had to throw away just to realize what is viable at level 60 is rediculous to offer to any customer because i feel i invested waaaay too much in what i gained. It took me 1 month just to realize how dead level 60 content is because i was busy getting good at theory crafting specs. This problem was because when i hit 60 for the first time i could not afford to experiment enough. And farming gold with a Fail spec is NOT something a normal person would put themselves through simply put...

2. Okay so i got me some blues and i more or less got used to my caster spec... I quickly realize that i cannot protect myself in world pvp because i have no defensive cooldowns as i am raid specced caster. so i cannot go outside major cities anymore... GREAT. well atleast we can go naked right? well i did, and this is what happened... i went to farm and quickly realized that there was a ganker waiting for me to finish my farm and 1 shot me, twice... i lost most of the gold from that farm in 2 deaths and waisted 2 hours of farm essentially (i didnt know you can rez at city i was totally noob my first level 60). i thought i should atleast get my 2nd spec so i farmed BG's and quickly realized that  a simple BG-premade of 2 players on the server who were good, just simply destroyed the option to win. The difference between them and all the other 60's was rediculous. 2/20 people in the BG should NOT be this strong but i wanted to be like them so bad!. one was a titans-grip and the other a healer. nobody could touch them and the TG user's gear was worth more than 10,000G thats insane....... They were in a top guild which was controlling the server, Gear-wise because the only people who can afford the gear were OTHER guild members in their guild or one of the top officers of another top guild when they passed down the gear :( if you were a fresh 60 and u found an epic u imidiately sold it and bought lower tier Gear to start gearing urself for minimum raid requirements. this process takes a couple weeks btw. BUT this also creates a funnel that the only people who got the best gear were people in TOP guilds and not anybody else. As a bonus to this whole funnel world pvp slowly died because the Gank squads of the top guilds expanded even further over time because of this funnel. right now world pvp is dead and spiraling downwards... and lets not even mention What happens to the economy if a player with over 20k gold gear decides to just quit all of a sudden...... 

3. World pvp is not an option unless you have gear, PERIOD. and you cannot get good at ascension without a propper spec which takes waaaaaaayy too long to find because you have to farm so many respecs.

These are MY reasons, i would love to know yours in the comment section :)

THIS IS A PETITION TO GET A RESPONSE ABOUT THE COMMUNITY WANTING HIGHER DROP RATES FOR GEAR AT 60.

LETS MAKE ASCENSION GREAT AGAIN! :D 

1. Its vanilla. It has to be hard!

2. If more loot drops ppl will get bored cause gear is not reward anymore.

3. You are playing with friends you can dominate farm spots easy. I did it all alone i died and thats ok cause we are in high risk real you die! Join another server if you don't want world PvP!

4. We killed geared 60s with 1 friend like hour after getting first tone to 60! You have to think your builds trough and learn little more about that server.

25 minutes ago, Ciroc said:

Losing the best gear we had on us was nothing compared to having to respec 2-3 times which cost 450g

Call to arms gets u the honor to free respecc. Respeccs for gold ARE expensive thats true. And yes you can win BGs. 2 Players can carry hard, but are they in the other team everytime? They dont.

27 minutes ago, Ciroc said:

(Only 3 guilds at the time running raids on server

Definetly not true. There are many guilds raiding on LS.

28 minutes ago, Ciroc said:

It took me 1 month just to realize how dead level 60 content is because i was busy getting good at theory crafting specs

One month? Well sorry but thats not a server problem, thats your problem. After 3 days of 60 i knew the good farming & pvp & pve speccs.

29 minutes ago, Ciroc said:

well atleast we can go naked right?

Sure you can. Take an aoe farm specc like firemage and you can easy farm 20 mobs at the same time AND you got enough defensives to escape if you get ganked.

30 minutes ago, Ciroc said:

WANTING HIGHER DROP RATES FOR GEAR AT 60.

It feels like they lowered droprates since start of LS. So maybe they can higher them a bit. But what some players said was "2% chance to drop". Thats way to much. What really would help: Tell us the chances of drop.

While I agree that drop rates are abysmal and are not worth the risk of going out solo (unless you’re naked farming which further kills wpvp), you’re probably just doing things wrong. I don’t think you should ever pay for a respec with gold, queue battlegrounds and if it’s WSG or AB weekend, you’re getting enough honor for a respec easily in a day (respec is 18k, my record honor in a day is 96k). You’ll likely get geared players who can carry you to wins so you can find a spec that works for you and then focus on gear and REs.

Also, wpvp is easily an option if you grab 100g worth of gear and a few friends which I’m sure you’re capable of since you’ve been farming gold relatively well to farm all of those respecs by the sound of it.

7 hours ago, Niksloshier said:

Call to arms gets u the honor to free respecc. Respeccs for gold ARE expensive thats true. And yes you can win BGs. 2 Players can carry hard, but are they in the other team everytime? They dont.

Definetly not true. There are many guilds raiding on LS.

One month? Well sorry but thats not a server problem, thats your problem. After 3 days of 60 i knew the good farming & pvp & pve speccs.

Sure you can. Take an aoe farm specc like firemage and you can easy farm 20 mobs at the same time AND you got enough defensives to escape if you get ganked.

It feels like they lowered droprates since start of LS. So maybe they can higher them a bit. But what some players said was "2% chance to drop". Thats way to much. What really would help: Tell us the chances of drop.

I appreciate the fact you took time to negate my personal reasons, but the topic of this forum is to give reasons either why it would be Bad/Good to have higher drop rates. i would not have posted this forum if i did not validate it with so many people on the server who feel the same way. anybody can be innovative and figure out a way to get what they want/need. My point is that its getting harder and harder to get gear because the strong are getting stronger meaning every month that goes by the fresh lvl 60's are up against stronger and stronger opponents when they just hit 60 and are forced to be in guilds. Ive met amazing players who dont use discord or anything which is the main reason theyre not in guilds and take 4 weeks to gear up a character which should take maaayyyyybe a week. Fact is people want to know how much time they will need to invest in order to get gear. On this server its impossible so people dont even try... all i can FEEL is the fact that leveling is the best experience ive had on ascension so far because its the most balanced. You see many unique specs and tons of gear drops and is easily replaced. The leveling experience makes it easier to respec with gold because the cost is FRACTIONS of what it cost at 60. Honor farming is impossible if you dont enjoy your spec or if u made mistakes on ur spec and now are in the worst mood. Maybe you had a lucky run bro but ive gotten really deep with people about ascension and People arent just complaining... theyre fucking quitting like its nothing. and thats not cool in my eyes. The major problems everyone is having is not having enough respecs, or not enough gear. MAYBE IF PEOPLE HAD THAT WE CAN MOVE ON TO THE ACTUAL POINT OF ASCENSION. The point of a High risk pvp realm is NOOOOOOOOT to get better gear its to have better battles. With the current state it seems everyday theres less world pvp, and when there is world pvp its randomly unbalanced at 60 because of gear imbalance between players. Level 1's still can loot chest which is the reason we never talked about another world pvp event after what happened at stormwind. There are sooooooo many problems with this servers world pvp scene i cant even consider this a PVP realm. A PVP realm should make you WANT to world pvp.... not afk in orgrimmar till your next raid or dungeon... High-risk pvp server? more like "Make you not want to pvp server" PFFFFFT World pvp is shit right now and BG's arent balanced ever. its always one sided. WHICH WOULD ALSO BE FIXED WITH MORE GEAR SPREAD THROUGHOUT PLAYERS :P basicly if you have any points towards the forums topic of whether it would be BAD/GOOD then comment otherwise i dont honestly care what YOU would have done or what I should have done. thats not the point. Try explaining all ur tips to every noob tell me how that works out

5 hours ago, Aaron_ said:

While I agree that drop rates are abysmal and are not worth the risk of going out solo (unless you’re naked farming which further kills wpvp), you’re probably just doing things wrong. I don’t think you should ever pay for a respec with gold, queue battlegrounds and if it’s WSG or AB weekend, you’re getting enough honor for a respec easily in a day (respec is 18k, my record honor in a day is 96k). You’ll likely get geared players who can carry you to wins so you can find a spec that works for you and then focus on gear and REs.

Also, wpvp is easily an option if you grab 100g worth of gear and a few friends which I’m sure you’re capable of since you’ve been farming gold relatively well to farm all of those respecs by the sound of it.

only time i can farm over 100k honor is on WSG honor weekend and it takes me between 8-10 hours to get the 100k honor. And i meen 8-10 hours of no breaks no pauses just BG ques. This is NOT normal I can farm 200g in less than 5 hours easy from farming low level instances and selling rare items/ disenchanting / Cloth etc... I know how to make money... the problem is when u see these fucking youtube videos about ascension you see how great it could be and have a COMPLETELY false image of what the lvl 60 scene would be like. This is also a topic i want to bring to light that i see keeps popping up from when i talk to people who just joined. The youtube video's make it seem like endless possibilites. then u get to ascension and realize u need to farm 5 hours++++ for each respec and invest hour and hours watching youtube video's and guides on theory crafting specs. All the Farming specs on youtube are now completely out-dated... Nerfed TG to shit and all every new player is talking about is TG then they get to ascension and realize it isnt viable anymore. All meele specs are completely gear dependent and meele gear is the most expensive gear in the game by hundreds/thousands which nobody can afford except top guild members or extremely time-free solo players. theres always exceptions but its no point pretending that world pvp is even CLOSE to being as fun and creative as it could be. If youre telling me that world pvp on Ascension will always be nakeds vs Geared gank squads let me know so i can drink the bleach before i slit my wrists. full blues worth 100g is still naked compared to full epics btw. And how many times do you think someone is willing to lose a full set of blues in order for him to stop trying and just afk in orgrimmar?

12 minutes ago, Ciroc said:

And how many times do you think someone is willing to lose a full set of blues in order for him to stop trying and just afk in orgrimmar?

Exactly !!! This happens to 99% of players and 80% of them quit and 19% of them afk in cities and do raids/BG or naked farm and ONLY the 1% who are in the top guild or nolife it 15 hours a day or donate like crazy can go out and actually have fun wpvping!!!! 

Rates must go back to what they were at LS launch at LEAST ! I fully support all Ciroc is saying, need easier respec for newbies and more easily and faster farming gear after loosing it .... honestly this "Vanilla WPVP" server has the lowest % of time spent actually WPVPing in the history of WOW ffs...

If it takes you 8 hours to make the 100k, you only need an hour and a half odd to make the amount that you need to respec rather than farming low lvl dungeons for 5 hours, it’s hard to get gear and find the right spec but I went from green to BiS with a good guild and knowing what to do in 2 months.

Edited by Aaron_

2 minutes ago, Aaron_ said:

If it takes you 8 hours to make the 100k, you only need an hour and a half odd to make the amount that you need to respec rather than farming low lvl dungeons for 5 hours, it’s hard to get gear and find the right spec but I went from green to BiS with a good guild and knowing what to do in 2 months.

Youre top 5 in ascension pvp and it took YOOOOUUU 2 months bro.... If i knew it would take me 2 months to get geared on a provate server i would have disliked all the youtube video's i watched on ascension simply because they dont mention this fact. Everyone goes to private servers to get faster more instant results for their time investment. thats why we dont pay bro... Why the hell would anyone play a server that it takes 2 months to gear on if your a top notch player? thats why u see people average out at 3 weeks in ascension and ALSO you see this WAVE of population Spike up and down every fucking month.. im sick of this shit... how many times are the DEV's gonna sit by while their server gains bad rep before they do something? The veterans are getting sick of this too... everyone is just... exausted at the amount of effort they need to put into ascension to squeeze just a little enjoyment out of PVP. its a damn shame how hard it is to enjoy this servers PVP

You’ve got to look as servers like Nostalrius, people clearly did not play there to get instant gear, they play there for the experience. The main selling point here has never been the quickness in gearing, it’s the element of custom building a class and the element of world PvP meaning gear swaps endlessly (yes this needs to be improved because currently gear is just either afk in a bank or on people who never leave org). Yes it took me a while but that’s kind of the point of the server, you gain and lose gear a lot.. I agree it’s hard to enjoy pvp here when it’s the same 20 people bging but I expect them to use the new seasonal realms as a good way to help understand what needs to be improved.

15 minutes ago, Aaron_ said:

You’ve got to look as servers like Nostalrius, people clearly did not play there to get instant gear, they play there for the experience. The main selling point here has never been the quickness in gearing, it’s the element of custom building a class and the element of world PvP meaning gear swaps endlessly (yes this needs to be improved because currently gear is just either afk in a bank or on people who never leave org). Yes it took me a while but that’s kind of the point of the server, you gain and lose gear a lot.. I agree it’s hard to enjoy pvp here when it’s the same 20 people bging but I expect them to use the new seasonal realms as a good way to help understand what needs to be improved.

i stated its not logical for them to have such an expensive system to Respec. An average player ide say from personally asking people is between 3-5 times on AVERAGE as a fresh 60

This meens they have to spend a whole week just to find a spec. After they find a spec, they need to go on the most random journey to gear themselves up and oh wait... But.. but where do they even have the experience to battle against all the veterans in fully epics who mastered custom spec building? You cant get better at pvp if ur not pvping often. leveling in ascension is 100% different than the lvl 60 experience. as soon as u hit 60 ur fucked if ur not a master progresser. U need either the best farmingmentality or the best guild progression mentality. THIS IS HIGH-RISK PVP SERVER AND NO WAY TO EARN GEAR THROUGH PVP. And if u tell me u can go gank for gear i swear to god... nothing makes me more pissed at explaining the fucking 2nd grade special ED perspective of why world pvping for your pvp gear is not realistic to progressively get gear. at the end of the day people want to have fun. The server is only holding on because people are waiting for something BIG to happen that will change the tide of this server... ive been here for months and people quit cause they just lose hope for the Ascension Dev team to tackle problems... they respond like some big company saying "we will look into it" like were some naive kids who will take that as an actual solution. nobody wants to see a compilation of all the promises of "we will look into it" by the ascension team but im highly considering doing just that in order to vent out all this months of rage that built inside me.

Edited by Ciroc

I have to agree with Ciroc here on drop rates. 

1 hour ago, Aaron_ said:

You’ve got to look as servers like Nostalrius, people clearly did not play there to get instant gear, they play there for the experience. The main selling point here has never been the quickness in gearing, it’s the element of custom building a class and the element of world PvP meaning gear swaps endlessly (yes this needs to be improved because currently gear is just either afk in a bank or on people who never leave org)

Well, I think a lot of us started playing on LS for the thrill of world pvp and looting players, that's the point of it, which inherently means quickness in gearing. The popularity of pvp events in the open-world of a game depends on risk vs reward. Right now if feels like the reward isn't worth the risk because decent gear isn't easy to come by as a fresh 60. And while I agree that yes, if you guild up and figure out where and how to farm it, gear actually can be easy to come by, not a lot of players will do that, and will end up quitting as a result. We want all the players we can get to stick around for the health of the server, especially ones who are interested in wpvp, so why shouldn't we have higher drop rates for blues in the world? Make it easier to gear, you get more people outside org farming, you get more pvp.

2 minutes ago, Poonan said:

I have to agree with Ciroc here on drop rates. 

Well, I think a lot of us started playing on LS for the thrill of world pvp and looting players, that's the point of it, which inherently means quickness in gearing. The popularity of pvp events in the open-world of a game depends on risk vs reward. Right now if feels like the reward isn't worth the risk because decent gear isn't easy to come by as a fresh 60. And while I agree that yes, if you guild up and figure out where and how to farm it, gear actually can be easy to come by, not a lot of players will do that, and will end up quitting as a result. We want all the players we can get to stick around for the health of the server, especially ones who are interested in wpvp, so why shouldn't we have higher drop rates for blues in the world? Make it easier to gear, you get more people outside org farming, you get more pvp.

this exact idea crossed my mind as a way to Maybe experiment with higher drop chances for blues at first, but if Ascension gives another fucking response of "we'll look into it" im gonna scream. Next response should be "we are announcing the new changes which will be made on (Date+Time) Get ready for a surprise update!!!" THATS what we want to hear. We want Dates and Times not some fucking politically correct statement. We dont give a shit about what ull look into. we are aware you dont want you Server to die. so obviously u will look into it and try to fix it. BUT as a company you guys should start presenting deadlines publicly for changes you will be making concerning problems presented by your OWN community. Telling us "we will look into it" is unacceptable. We need more time accurate responses on when things will be done IF they will be done at all

Sign 100%, drop rates are awful. Hearing that they used to be higher and a bunch of earlier players got a shitload of gear just makes it worse.

17 minutes ago, Karbun said:

Sign 100%, drop rates are awful. Hearing that they used to be higher and a bunch of earlier players got a shitload of gear just makes it worse.

thats exactly right :) that is exactly what happened :/ sad that the stages of servers release had major backlash on the servers population

The dropping system that we have is already in place cause people would not have to farm so much. Point of WoW (especially vanilla) is character progression. If we increase drop chance the motive to do raids is gone, cause there is no point of doing hard content, cause everyone have items from random mobs. Secondly your character would not feel so special to play on. I love the feeling that I am better than others cause i have put so many hours on it(I would have quitted long time ago if there would not be progression, especially hard progression). When we increase drop rates, then we decrease people farming in the open world. There is no point to be farming when everything comes to your hands easy.

2 minutes ago, mihku said:

The dropping system that we have is already in place cause people would not have to farm so much. Point of WoW (especially vanilla) is character progression. If we increase drop chance the motive to do raids is gone, cause there is no point of doing hard content, cause everyone have items from random mobs. Secondly your character would not feel so special to play on. I love the feeling that I am better than others cause i have put so many hours on it(I would have quitted long time ago if there would not be progression, especially hard progression). When we increase drop rates, then we decrease people farming in the open world. There is no point to be farming when everything comes to your hands easy.

Explain further how increasing drop chance would REDUCE the amount of people farming in the world?

and furthermore; do you know how long it takes to farm one epic at level 60?

Edited by Ciroc

Why would not need to go to open world cause all the gear is obtained really fast you will be there for like 2h and you are geared. When you have that you feel like game is complete and there is no point of going in there. Atm its really rewarding if you get better blue gear or even an epic and for me it is the best part of the game. But when you hand them out like candy in halloween it is getting boring. Thats the reason i quitted retail and came here just to play vanilla like game mode with a twist. 

1 minute ago, mihku said:

Why would not need to go to open world cause all the gear is obtained really fast you will be there for like 2h and you are geared. When you have that you feel like game is complete and there is no point of going in there. Atm its really rewarding if you get better blue gear or even an epic and for me it is the best part of the game. But when you hand them out like candy in halloween it is getting boring. Thats the reason i quitted retail and came here just to play vanilla like game mode with a twist. 

how about this :) i promise you i do NOT want gear handed out like candy. BUT i do feel like the current drop rate is too low. Theres no room for world pvp events made by guiilds because it is impossible to persuade members of your guild to risk any of their gear. the only people who do groups in world pvp are such a small majority of the server population its sad, and EVERYONE notices this. World pvp is DEAD, and this is because of many reasons; The drop rates are so low people dont have a proper estimate on how long they will need to farm in order to get a good drop. people like control and accurate assessment of their in-game investments. its a proven scientific fact...  And another reason would simply be, More loot meens more people competing for the best farming spots which mens more world pvp. If gear is easier to get even by a bit or even just for blues! then people would actually start bringing sets to farm in world pvp instead of this retarded ultimatum of "either naked or Full epics or in a guild group" thats dumb, i think a major step would be to atleast make gear of a certain tier more common. regardless we need a response from the DEV team because this issue is spreading like a wildfire

When i started to play i accepted that fact that i have to constantly look around see if anyone is around the corner i took all hard counter spells that i could then i started getting gear and even kill people thats the best part of current system you see your character progress and you have some bumps thats the point of this server. I have been broke so many times, but i got up and farmed more killed more and love that part. With current loot system you are constantly looking out if someone is coming and whats going one that feel will go away if we increase drop rates. In my opinion it is perfect atm. 

mihku I feel like you might be missing the entire point of this server. You know you're in the Laughing Skull forums right? This wasn't intended to be another pve and raiding-centric place to play. The goal here was to have a lively and free world where you murder and loot, and get murdered and get looted. Nobody's saying that we need epics and raid items spilling out of our asses.

I have solo farmed all the loot i have+ i have never farmed naked + almost never in guild groups and those are not needed. Yes people farm in some spots but make your own way look for your own spots. It is actually easy to solo if you stop going to most popular places and explore the world by yourself. 

If you want to increase something only for basic blues that would drop in the world as in base game. Not dungeon gear, cause dungeon gear cause there should still be a reason to go to dungeon and not just orb farm. 

Ye i know i have huge kill count in world PvP but to get that i did hard work. I grind alot(solo) and did all that you guys are complaneing about. I started form 0 and im risking my gear every time i play. Naked farming wont get you far cause you die alot you waste money on respecs and overall you wont farm efficiently. For example people in dads guild raid 5 times a weak for their gear and they deserve it, if we change it we loose alot of core player base cause their will feel like all the time they have put in to this server was for just nothing.

Edited by mihku