Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
spri

Old priest racial skills

Recommended Posts

Would love to see the old priest racial skills make a come back in the general tab.  Specifically:

Starshards (channelled)

Grace of Elune

Shadowguard

Hex of Mini Mortal Strike

Etc.

 

They were super fun and flavorful spells and I'd love to see them back!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oh yeah, I know Blizzard pulled them, I just want ascension to add them back in, the old vanilla ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, phyrex said:

right but you're playing wotlk, right? right. 

nothing about Ascension is Wrath when it comes to talents or builds! If it were, we would have death knights!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, spri said:

nothing about Ascension is Wrath when it comes to talents or builds! If it were, we would have death knights!

Dude, EVERYTHING about this game is WotLK except for like.. flash/blinding powder and the level cap. All skills are scaled after WotLK, leveling is scaled after WotLK, talents are WotLK talents, skills are WotLK skills. Even other racials are WotLK racials. Humans don't have perception anymore for example and that would be extremely OP on a server where nearly everybody uses stealth. The old nightelf shadowmeld that could not be used in combat as a Vanish-tool would also be completely useless when you have stealth anyways, it would be like stripping night elves of having a racial at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ErA said:

Dude, EVERYTHING about this game is WotLK except for like.. flash/blinding powder and the level cap. All skills are scaled after WotLK, leveling is scaled after WotLK, talents are WotLK talents, skills are WotLK skills. Even other racials are WotLK racials. Humans don't have perception anymore for example and that would be extremely OP on a server where nearly everybody uses stealth. The old nightelf shadowmeld that could not be used in combat as a Vanish-tool would also be completely useless when you have stealth anyways, it would be like stripping night elves of having a racial at all.

You didn't catch what I was saying. I'm not talking about racials like shadowmeld, I'm talking about the priest racial spells that were in vanilla and tbc. My suggestion is to make them available to anyone.

On the second point about Wrath, just going to have to disagree. No northrend, no dks, all vanilla content. It is a custom server, I just think adding these spells would be awesome and certainly not detract.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, spri said:

You didn't catch what I was saying. I'm not talking about racials like shadowmeld, I'm talking about the priest racial spells that were in vanilla and tbc. My suggestion is to make them available to anyone.

On the second point about Wrath, just going to have to disagree. No northrend, no dks, all vanilla content. It is a custom server, I just think adding these spells would be awesome and certainly not detract.

 

 

Why tho? Most of them were useless mana waste

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The debate isn't if the server is wrath-like, not wrath-like, if Blizzard pulled the spells or not. The entire question is... "Will adding these spells improve the Ascension experience?" That's it. Nothing else matters. When Blizz removed them means nothing. Rather they were in wrath or not means nothing. Will they or will not improve the experience on Ascension? This is Ascension, not Vanilla or Wrath, not patch 123 or 321. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they would add some meaningful choices!

For instance, the old , channelled starshards had good spell power scaling with arcane damage.  I think it could be a great addition to an arcane mage or balance druid build.

Grace of elune is great for a tank.  3 min CD and 15(?) Seconds of 20% chance to not be hit.

Shadowguard would be great for a shadow based build (almost identical to lightening shield, just shadow) and would be great for PvP or tanking, not to mention it gives good synergies for proccing things, unlike dots.

Touch of Weakness, shadow DMG feedback, like shadowguard.

Chastise, interrupt.

Feedback for added manaburn power in PvP.

Hex of weakness as a mini mortal strike and power de-buffer.

I can think of lots if places that these could provide some great additions to builds.  Here's the old list right before they scrapped them.

http://vanilla-wow.wikia.com/wiki/Priest_racial_abilities

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, phyrex said:

 

I get your point to a degree, but can you honestly say any builds play like wrath builds or gameplay?  Ascension is so different I don't consider it remotely close to Wrath gameplay.  And I am glad !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, spri said:

I think they would add some meaningful choices!

For instance, the old , channelled starshards had good spell power scaling with arcane damage.  I think it could be a great addition to an arcane mage or balance druid build.

Grace of elune is great for a tank.  3 min CD and 15(?) Seconds of 20% chance to not be hit.

Shadowguard would be great for a shadow based build (almost identical to lightening shield, just shadow) and would be great for PvP or tanking, not to mention it gives good synergies for proccing things, unlike dots.

Touch of Weakness, shadow DMG feedback, like shadowguard.

Chastise, interrupt.

Feedback for added manaburn power in PvP.

Hex of weakness as a mini mortal strike and power de-buffer.

I can think of lots if places that these could provide some great additions to builds.  Here's the old list right before they scrapped them.

http://vanilla-wow.wikia.com/wiki/Priest_racial_abilities

Star Shards dealt way less damage than Arcane Missiles, nobody would ever pick it.

Elune's Grace was just DREADFUL until TBC. It did like 10% dodge for a tiny duration with a long cooldown + costed a bunch of mana. Why on earth would anybody take that? Even if you're a PvE tank and had 10 extra ability points to spend, you wouldn't take the vanilla version of Elune's Grace.

Chastise wasn't added until patch 2.3 when they stripped dwarfs of their fear ward so I'm not exactly sure why you brought that one up when it wasn't a part of vanilla.

Feedback is absolute trash just like Elune's Grace. Possibly even worse.

Hex of weakness is also absolute trash when you can just pick up aimed shot instead. 50%>20%.

Wait, I just realized this server doesn't even have the blackout talent!! I was about to say that Shadowguard is the only useful one but no. Literally every single priest racial is absolutely 100% useless in all circumstances. I don't care if they add them or not just like I don't care if Soothe Animal or Mind Soothe are in the game. It's all just useless noob traps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Trekonus said:

In that case you'll have to create a priset-class character on the classless realm.

Naw, they already have a general table with the 20% spell casting haste tab, they could just add them there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ErA said:

Star Shards dealt way less damage than Arcane Missiles, nobody would ever pick it.

Elune's Grace was just DREADFUL until TBC. It did like 10% dodge for a tiny duration with a long cooldown + costed a bunch of mana. Why on earth would anybody take that? Even if you're a PvE tank and had 10 extra ability points to spend, you wouldn't take the vanilla version of Elune's Grace.

Chastise wasn't added until patch 2.3 when they stripped dwarfs of their fear ward so I'm not exactly sure why you brought that one up when it wasn't a part of vanilla.

Feedback is absolute trash just like Elune's Grace. Possibly even worse.

Hex of weakness is also absolute trash when you can just pick up aimed shot instead. 50%>20%.

Wait, I just realized this server doesn't even have the blackout talent!! I was about to say that Shadowguard is the only useful one but no. Literally every single priest racial is absolutely 100% useless in all circumstances. I don't care if they add them or not just like I don't care if Soothe Animal or Mind Soothe are in the game. It's all just useless noob traps.

Well, you missed quite a few things.

You are wrong on sharshards scaling, hex if weakness is a curse and is notoriously difficult to remove in PvP.  Grace of elune is minus hit chance, so that stacks past the dodge cap for avoidance.  Shadowguard and touch of weakness are both good scaling shadow damage and are great for proccing talents, and benefited by shadow DMG traits.

I'll give you that feedback wasn't great, but it wouldn't be hard to tweak it to make it usel, like they have done with many talents and skills.

So I'd say you are about 1 for 7 on your assessment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, spri said:

Well, you missed quite a few things.

You are wrong on sharshards scaling, hex if weakness is a curse and is notoriously difficult to remove in PvP.  Grace of elune is minus hit chance, so that stacks past the dodge cap for avoidance.  Shadowguard and touch of weakness are both good scaling shadow damage and are great for proccing talents, and benefited by shadow DMG traits.

I'll give you that feedback wasn't great, but it wouldn't be hard to tweak it to make it usel, like they have done with many talents and skills.

So I'd say you are about 1 for 7 on your assessment.

I'll give you a 0 out of 7 because you're factually wrong about everything. Elune's grace got buffed in TBC. During Vanilla, it was 10% dodge on a short duration with many cost and long cooldown. Back then, it was considered by far the worst priest racial. I should know, I played night elf priest only back then.

You're also wrong on starshards scaling. Why do you insist on spreading lies misinformation? You obviously know absolutely nothing about how spell damage coefficiency work. http://et.worldofwarcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Spell_power Educate yourself before you make yourself look dumb again. 

Hex of weakness was good back in Vanilla/TBC. It wont be good on this realm because you can just pick up aimed shot which is even harder to remove than a curse.

And then you go on again scaling which you've got no clue about. Again, please read the article above before ever talking about "scaling" again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey man, I'm not trying to pick a fight here, why are you getting so worked up?.  There are some real uses of these spells.  I would think with your thread on suggestions on how to fix the server and some of the changes that you recommend, that you could see the potential.  I'm not sure why you are so angry over this suggestion?  Priest racials, both vanilla and TBC were some of the coolest and unique things in the game.

Your right on grace of elune, so pick the better one?  Not that big of a deal.

Starshards @ 85% scalingscaling, falling behind only SWP and vt.  Not to mention what it could look like with other talent tree multipliers like mages arcane.  The reason no one noticed this is because shadow tree was only set up for shadow spells, so it was only noticed when leveling.  It could be a great spell on Ascension.   And even if it was behind, would it really take much to buff it for a different arcane DMG option?

Hex of weakness is still amazing because dispel and cleanse don't get rid of it, and few people bring curse debuffers.

And scaling, yeah, there is far more scaling potential with talents that affect shadow skills and other talent trees in general, and far more on proc talents that are available too.

I'll leave this thread at this point, you have successful derailed it, I hope you are happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Project Ascension

Embark onto Azeroth like never before, as you create and play the hero of your dreams.

Ascension Facebook Ascension Twitter Ascension Discord Ascension YouTube Ascension VK
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you confirm you are 18 or older and agree to ourTerms of Use.