Sign in to follow this  
Graveheart

Item Restoration Service

Today I lost a weapon that I had won today from UBRS, out of bad luck and reforging. It disappeared while reforging the enchant on the weapon. The GM I had talked to, even though I never extracted the enchant never gave me the weapon back because of the no restoration policy. Why? Why is there a no restoration policy? What if I was drunk? (I wasn't but that is besides the point.) Accidents happen, bugs happen. We need a item restoration system, because of situations like these. I am probably maybe seeing that weapon again due to my friends going on UBRS runs every other day but come on, the next one that drops should be going to someone else. 

I am proposing a system where the item restoration service could be on your account page as well as it being a paid service. I would pay a dollar to get a weapon back or even 5 dollars. Or even gold. Shit happens. I think we all understand someone getting their gear deleted accidentally, or a child deleting gear (I used to babysit, had to lock the computer so my niece wouldn't destroy my gear again). Or a bug happening that we can't control. Plus this gives GMs a break as far as lost items go, we can go grab our stuff back for maybe a possible fee and be on our way back playing. 

I mean it's annoying to lose an item, but if it's by your own doing.. I don't know.

We lost Band of Accucia from Ragnaros last week, because the server disconnected/crashed as we were rolling it out.

That time I got lucky and already received my Ten Storms leggings, they were there after logging back on.. Though luck and we moved on.

Even had a screenshot, but knew nothing was going to come of it because of this policy.

GMs are already swamped with answering tickets and resolving issues ingame (small team), if they have to deal with item retrieval on top of that it's just going to add a lot of extra work.

A system such as you are suggesting also takes time to create and is not something that's done in an instant, time taken away from further development on the Project.

but what do I know? perhaps it's easier than I think.

just my 2 cents.

- Bluefish

Edited by Bluefish

It opens the door to abuse. Not that the staff would, but it limits their ability to hire new GMs and speed up ticket time if they have to worry about people fibbing item restoration, playing favorites, determining what is fair or not, ect. It does suck, but I would rather not have the ability to have an item restored instead of wondering what internal politics were going on behind the scenes with item restorations. What happens when a GM is also in a progression guild? What happens when people find ways to game the system? 

It would be nice if they wrote a script that saved the unique item ID from raid drops when they dropped and saved to an external xml or something, that way if the server crashed they could still help guilds pass out loot, but I that would be the only instance of item restoration I would support and I would hope it would all be open to public scrutiny.