Arkoniel

[Addon] Ascension Random Enchants

Link to download: https://mega.nz/#!EfgBULgT!pN1dws3G0sTGsmpZEVHUHpwbUQ9BhiPR2lngPCnFJXI

Link to post with ldb support:

I made a video, how the addon should work in game: 

Now some comments on the video:

0:12 Type "/re" into chat to bring the addon interface

0:17 Simple click on RE prints it to chat.

0:21 Shift click on RE while chat window or macro window is opened inserts link into it. (so you can create macro "/wtb [Demonic Brutality]")

0:24 Rarity Checkbuttons - only checked button rarities are displayed in enchant list. You can use this to see only legendary Random Enchants.

0:40 Search.. - Type text to search field, only enchant that has that text in either the name or the description are shown. (New version allows you to write there "%" to find enchants with "%" in their description)

1:00 Interface can be hidden with "/re" or close button in top right corner.

Export Button can be used to obtain all random enchants as text. Such action may cause client to freeze for few seconds so use it only in safe zones. When clicked it brings text interface with hightlighted text, press ctrl+C to copy and then Esc to hide it. Create new text file in Windows and copy content there. Text is formated javascript array of all random enchants with name, description and rarity. Rarity 1 is common, rarity 2 is uncommon, rarity 3 is rare, rarity 4 is epic and rarity 5 is legendary random enchant. You can use this to develop web-based application or windows program for people who prefer out-of-game versions.

New version also improves tooltips (colored name and line informing you that it is a random enchant).

Edited by Arkoniel
new version

The addon is not loading any enchants so the list is empty. Anything I'm doing wrong?

edit: nvm im stupid, I didn't bother to read haha

Edited by StealthedGuy

5 hours ago, StealthedGuy said:

The addon is not loading any enchants so the list is empty. Anything I'm doing wrong?

edit: nvm im stupid, I didn't bother to read haha

If you replace patch-A with a new version from https://project-ascension.com/downloads, it should start to show REs.

Edited by Arkoniel

On 14. 2. 2018 at 4:50 PM, phyrex said:

What is the scripting to link a RE into chat?

Not sure what do you mean. If you shift-click on RE from the list while your chat input has focus, the link of RE is inserted into it. If you just click it, it is printed to the chat for you.

Once again: great work, mate. Addon is pulling data from server, chat linking support will be added next patch, guys, just give us a bit of time to release it :3

So, I know it just came out, and it's great and wonderful, but for an update, or when you can I have a couple of ideas that would streamline the functionality:

Some sort of wishlist would be wonderful, maybe viewable across all characters? A have list would be cool, but not necessary as a macro can be made to save all of what you currently own.

Edit : found out I could have macros made with the RE linked in it, never had i been able to save things like that in a macro so i didn't expect this functionality. Great work!

It works great, and I'm deeply appreciative of what you've done so far! Made life much easier!

I've started an RE-Trade chat channel in hopes that it'll catch on to keep the world spam down. 

Everyone:

/join RE-Trade

Edited by Ebb

I downloaded your addon today, but non of the RE's are showing :( I downloaded the latest patch - A file.. Any thoughts?

addon was working fine yesterday, I log on today and my RE list has disappeared. Please help.

The patch that had the necessary files was causing the Client to stutter when certain items / tooltips were loaded, so they removed it again until they fixed that.

I dont rly think that the addon is pulling data from the server at all tbh, i think the REs are now stored within the SpellDB (inside the Patch-a file) and got a Tag ":RE" on them, not 100 % sure on that.

So it comes up as an RAR. file, is there a specific way to extract it or anything? Cause I downloaded it and it's not working at all.

I can't seem to see any RE's either... only a few epic, few rare, and a good amount of uncommon / common only .. Any idea what the problem could be?

Addon broken. There is no legendary and only 5 epic RE.

Edit: Fixed, needed to update Ascension.

Edited by Raskelot

Can you add a level to the tooltip, since you are already modifying it?

"Random Enchant (1/3)" etc so you can quickly see if it's the best level of the enchant (3/3) or the worst (1/3) for example...

Would be amazing, thanks for your work!