Sign in to follow this  
JustSayin

Races & Their Abilities.

This server as we know it is filled with the Human race. Some people pick them because they love them and some are forced to play them because of their [Everyman For Himself] Ability. And the thought of just having to play Human again at launch is just repetitive and boring.

Every other race is at a disadvantage when it comes to PvP especially at the start, so why not give all races including Humans a [Custom] trinket ability just like the fact that every race has [Quick shot]. Just a single ability that all races have. And [Everyman For Himself] becomes something other than a trinket.

Make a new Race Tab under the General Tab in the character advancement where it has all of the racial abilities so no player has to play any race just for the ability.

A lot of players might go for Orc's ability because of the ([Custom] Trinket + [Blood Fury]). Solution to that is to make [Blood Fury] give haste rather than attack power.

Implementing this idea will:

- Give some balance to FFA PvP.

- Give the players more diversity when it comes to choosing your race.

- Give the players a chance to experience different starting zones.

- Scatter the players all around Azeroth instead of having all of them just piled up at Elwynn Forest or other (race ability) specific areas.

Edited by JustSayin

Was about to suggest just this otherwise you will have no choice but to have an overflow of Alliance due to the Human and Night Elf Racials. Just like if they did this using TBC the whole server would be full of nothing but Undead for WotF.

Was a Tauren on retail, would gladly go back to Tauren on here but with the current setup, I am virtually required to go Allaince just for the racials.

Even if not for the racials, then for the fact that most other people will go Alliance, so there's a bigger pool of players for dungeons and raids.

Oops, quick correction I would like to make, I was advocating for something slightly different from the OP.

My suggestion was to remove racials from the classes entirely and have them all racial free and the player can choose their racials from a menu similar to their other spells and talents and the races be nothing but looks and starting zones.

So, for instance, a Troll could decide for "Everyman for Himself" to become his racial instead of berserking or maybe a stealth heavy Tauren could decide to have Shadowmeld for his racial or you could get a Gnome with berserking as his racial if he decided to do so.

As for Skribs, the racials are the main reason everyone is going Alliance and if they got rid of them, people would be willing to branch out, but the server is based off of WotLK and during that expansion Alliance racials were over the top strong while Horde racials were gutted. If the racials were removed from the factor of which faction and race you roll, the server would even out more.

For the suggestion I would say a little more detailed.

I would remove the racials from all races. 

Make a new menu within the skill trees menu for racials where you can choose 1 activated racial, 1 passive stat buff racial, 1 passive profession buff racial, and 1 passive resistance racial.

And also, I would strongly recommend you delete "Every Man For Themselves" as a choice for their activated racial. It is the default best choice for PvP players under virtually all circumstances which will kill diversity when it comes to the racials and make the actual trinket items useless and redundant.

With that racial removed the actual trinkets will still be valuable and the racial the player decides would be more varied in PvP.