Sign in to follow this  
darknesspath22

Ability's and scaling

So after a few weeks to think about this, its come to my attention that the way talent spec-ing and stat allocation affects some moves, they might be a little overtuned. I created this to bring the attention to the dev's. After playing a full DPS frost mage, seeing the holy fire spam build, and lets not forget about rogues damage, or TG/bladestorm for certain abilities may be quite overtuned. when a mage has the chance to pick up like 10 different get aways and shoot you with a single spell for around 2k which for a HUGE majority of people is half your HP, or a rogue who can just be stealth come up behind you and ambush/backstab or evicerate and do your whole HP bar in 2 moves with full resil gear... I just want to say damage needs to be brought down quite a few notches for everyone it takes away from the actual PVP aspect when you just get blown up there is almost no skill in it there is no using CD's just raw damage. I believe some things are tuned for WOTLK and i might be wrong, but if you guys can look into this and adjust or give me or us feedback i would appreciate it.

Not again the PvP nerf topic! Please read all the PvP discussion out there. But tbh take this tip: invest in defensive talents/spells, put some points into stamina and get yourself a nice gear with decents REs. Anytime that someone need a nerf for PvP remenber that PvE suffer a huge loss. Cheers!

1 hour ago, Chronosk said:

Not again the PvP nerf topic! Please read all the PvP discussion out there. But tbh take this tip: invest in defensive talents/spells, put some points into stamina and get yourself a nice gear with decents REs. Anytime that someone need a nerf for PvP remenber that PvE suffer a huge loss. Cheers!

It's a valid topic though. Maybe a "nerf" isn't the solution but if the only way to be viable in pvp is to take a ton of defensive talents/spells to avoid being one shot then maybe we should... you know, have a discussion. People with a pvp spec will always have an advantage over someone pve specced, but the different right now is absurd. It's not the difference of an advantage but the difference of being viable or not, which really removed a lot of choices in pvp. 

Personally, I think it's boring that we have one shot specs that completely dictate the viability of other specs and people have to spec into not being one shot instead of exploring interesting pvp builds. 

Agree, I always separate the PvP players from the PvE ones, simple reason: The build its never the same, neither the talents and the gear. If you want to PvP you need to invest time in your build to make it viable for PvP, thats a fact even in retail, so Ascension is no excepcion. But if you like to PvE and PvP is just for "have some fun time" You need to keep your build PvE ready, cause Ragnaros not gonna think when he is about to One shot you: "Oh let me skip this noob cause he is in his PvP spec". So my point: keep your priorities straight PvP or PvE, but you cant have both at the same time. And please dont call more damage nerfs cause Devs love to nerf here and PvE suffers more in every update. Cheers!

Edited by Chronosk
typo

2 hours ago, Chronosk said:

you say take defenceive abilities which i am running 3 % damage reductions and pally bubble but if you are hit twice in 1-2 seconds for over 5k damage its kinda dumb dont you think

My answer: know your enemy. You play in Andorhal? Stay away from Ai and some other Harcore PvPers. They are fully optimised for PvP in all aspects, build, gear and REs, so If you are against them: Run, if you can. Fresh lvl 60 have no chance against then.

The classless system also exasperates the gap between pvp and pve specs, compared to live.  

In vanilla wow you could still pvp fairly effectively in pve gear and talent specs.  Honestly there wasn't a huge gap between the two.  It's not like you got 6 more CDs with a pvp spec, or that much extra survivability.  

Here?  Night and day.  You're either spec'd for pvp or you're not. 

thats something that i agree fully, it is night and day. However as many people may like it, but pvp fights should take atleast a min or 2 not just 2-30 seconds... if you look at retail it rated arena's have lasted as long as 30 min. Not to go to that extreme, but you should have a gap to react and be able to outplay someone not just ohh god im being attacked and die while you try and blow all your CD's just to live after 1 hit

On 19/1/2018 at 5:31 AM, darknesspath22 said:

thats something that i agree fully, it is night and day. However as many people may like it, but pvp fights should take atleast a min or 2 not just 2-30 seconds... if you look at retail it rated arena's have lasted as long as 30 min. Not to go to that extreme, but you should have a gap to react and be able to outplay someone not just ohh god im being attacked and die while you try and blow all your CD's just to live after 1 hit

"Welcome to Oz, we are far away from Kanzas" Again forgot what you know of retail wow, here the people Hit hard and fast, or they survive, like hell they do, some people are almost invinvible in 1vs1, they cant kill you but you can kill then (try a solo fight agains Cachtme). But thats the beuty of it, it make you think outside the box and forget what you think you know of traditional old wow.