Sign in to follow this  
Ff.

Make re-spec available to all

I think there is a problem in the way this server is presented as a funserver we get increased exp rates and much better random loot which makes leveling a typical funserver experience.

Now the issue is when you hit 60 and realise how expensive it is to respec (particularly if you are new and have no idea where to get 150g from). You just have to allow for people to play around with the classless system and at the moment it isn't possible which kind of defeats the purpose of the system.

My suggestion is: unlimited respec until 60, after 60 a 48 hour COOLDOWN to reset again for free. This cooldown can be removed with a reset orb or individual abilities tweaked with scrolls. This way people will want 4 specs and will buy them so when one spec is on cooldown they will switch and reset another that isnt

Please try this out I am certain that the money players don't spend on respec they will spend to get 2nd 3rd and 4th specs there will be no loss to you but there will be gain to the playerbase.

Thank you

ff

Edited by Ff.

This, we cant be expected to grind out multitudes of epics to sell on the AH just to recover the cost of TRYING something new crazy, different builds! something this server proclaims loudly but fails to deliver more often than not.

Agree. Great idea. Even make the CD 1 week.
BUT, the downside of it would be nobody would farm scrolls of unlearning/ purges anymore.
So less people who farm honor in bgs or gold,
they would just make a shitty guild and when they realize be like "oh well I fcked up lets log off for 1 week til my CD is ready kk bye Sargeras see u in 1 week"
dunno ...

it has my upvote, I'm affraid to try out new stuff because I only have a single talent and spell purge left on my main.

it's kind of starting to turn into "Look up what cookie cutter spec works best" because obviously you want to perform well in raids/PvP.. rather than experimenting with your own ideas/builds.

PTR is never up to test builds either, I refuse to believe this is a cash grab kind of deal.

5 hours ago, Klick said:

BUT, the downside of it would be nobody would farm scrolls of unlearning/ purges anymore.
they would just make a shitty guild and when they realize be like "oh well I fcked up lets log off for 1 week til my CD is ready kk bye Sargeras see u in 1 week"
dunno ...

So what if they dont want to farm scrolls anymore, theyll just farm something else to sell on the AH or buy it hopefully at a lower cost to use it before the week is up.

You underestimate neckbeards, if they had anything better to do with their week, they wouldnt be playing here in the first place, just because they grind 1 item slightly less often doesn't mean you'll lose a chunk of player base. 

Think about it, if the server is all about customization and trying new builds why do we have to PAY THEM FOR IT? or get honor capped just to try again, especially when in bgs you'll be lucky to get all 3 WSG flags earning 600 honor per game, it takes AAAAAAAAGES to farm enough for a normal run of the mill player. Even worse because you want to farm pvp gear to survive longer, not pay for respecs over and over again. if you're that far in the endgame it isnt the servers fault you have no life and literally have BIS and everything you want in the game. It just means you have to enjoy what you already have or gtfo.

19 hours ago, Klick said:

Agree. Great idea. Even make the CD 1 week.
dunno ...

Last week I was like "lets log off forever" then PTR came on and allowed me to try out a new build and I am sticking around until I am geared and bored. I think loads of new people will quit after using 3 respecs, realising they cant afford any more respecs (how many 15$ respecs can you realistically afford) even though they have a few builds they would like to try they just quit.

I know how frustrating it is to have an idea and find out after picking the talent /spells up, that it doesn't work at all like you thought.

I was always a fan of the Idea of the PTR to be available for testing of all kinds and having a somewhat important decision to make with your talents and builds on sarg or where ever.

I do not think however that reducing the cost of resets substantially is a good way to do it since ascension is lacking gold drains in my opinion as it is. 

The place for this kinda expensive gold drain is however not well managed because of bugs, changes and in general things not being fixed for month sometimes ( Honor among thieves removes stealth on proc. (think it's like this for 2 months now))

Free resets with cooldown arent the way to go in my view either, for reasons other ppl named already mostly because it doesn't motivate to play.

Resets are extremely cheap for Honor when CTA is up, I would like to see the cost for single spell unlearning reduced a bit tho, I don't think 2400 honor is comparable to 25g making it very punishing to use gold for it once again even tho Honor cost was just recently doubled from 1200.

would probably suggest a fragment currency for Resets that drop of Raid/dungeons Bosses.

This fragment currency should drop for everyone, same as mystic orbs really, ending that boring 1 man brd grind, giving the incentive to play efficiently with a full group.

Yeah. I'm level 60 and decided to respec.
I fucked up my respec. Nice on paper but in practice it was shit.
So here I am buying another respec.

I mean.. Fuck that. That's insane. WAY too expensive. Yet I'm forced to do it. because I'm a tank.

I would like an easier way to respec and try out new ideas or niche builds but at the moment its just too expensive. Take a guild thats trying to beat a raid, they need specific builds and abilities. Maybe they need something they dont have or someones build just sucks. "Well it looks like you'll have to respec to get this" "But i dont have the money" "Im sorry but you cant join us then". Unless the guild leaders take money from the guild bank for these players theres nothing they can do except grind mobs for money (I know there are professions but it doesnt seem like a profession can earn you the same amount of gold per hour that farming mobs can). Theres also like a weird twilight zone where people want dual and tri and even quad spec. But, everytime you respec you spend 200 gold Plus whatever your respec is on. So unless you left your shitty build the way it is to get to the necessary amount you have to set yourself back even farther to reaching that goal. Now i know the devs need money, but surely there is a way that we the players can have a more fun and interesting experience without them sacrificing their livelihood?

In summary I dont fucking know man what do i look like to you, a doctor? I just wish I could fuck around with builds and not have to fret over the auction house vendors breaking my kneecaps because I dont have the money for a bag of herb.

The key attraction point for Ascension is the fact that you can build anything, as you like, within the realm of what is offered from all the classes and specs from the game.  This is what separates the server from all other private servers.  It's why people come here.

Why, then, would one decide to make it punishingly difficult to really explore and play around with that key feature?  Perhaps, perhaps, I could excuse it if the PTR was always available to try-before-you-buy and free respecs were given out when non-insignificant balance changes are made.  Or also maybe if free respec weekends were around more often and clearly announced beforehand.  But what are we achieving with making respecs cost so much?  Is someone going to gear up and fully RE-out a spec and then just change it all on a whim and cause problems for somebody, just because they could?  Are epic mounts, multi-spec, transmog, and RE-rerolls not enough of a gold sink?  Is seeking out tomes and ideal REs not enough personal investment in a single character or build?

Consider also if you aim for some end-game builds, it's going to be necessary for you to use up some of your free (or not free) resets along the way, even if you plan everything out perfectly.  Want to play cat form?  You gotta have something to carry you to level 20 when cat form becomes available.  Building around Mangle?  Well, too bad, you have to get Claw first or just auto attack until level 50.  And once you have Mangle, you'll never use Claw again.  Hemocleave--same thing.  You have to get Sinister Strike or some other melee ability to carry you to 30 first.  And once you get Hemorrhage, you'll never use SS again.  

And sure, you could spend 10 hours grinding Tyr's Hand and get about 1000g for dual spec or 5 respecs.  Give or take, depending on how frequently you're ganked.  But if y'all understand that some players who do love Ascension just don't have time in the day for that and change the leveling experience to adjust for that fact, would that not also adjust how you think about the average player's ability to put in the time to get the dosh just to be able to settle in on a build?

I do not see what good it does for the game to have the key standout feature be something that costs sufficiently heavily such that it feels like a punishment for the player making a mistake or just not being aware of certain talent interactions or special REs.  There is nothing positive about the feeling that, "Oops, this build isn't quite what I'd hoped, but I'm totally stuck with it now until I grind 200g (that now isn't going towards epic riding), pay real money to the server, or reroll and start all over."

Edited by Ndabeh
a word

I'm sorry but this is a bad idea. Maybe a free purge on both once a week wouldn't be too bad. But changing out spells for the price of gold isn't too bad. I played a bunch of times and if I want to test out a new build then I'll level a character tweaking him as I level. Like I have my cat. I planned him out from level 1 and worked on different parts of my build since then. I mean going from level1 to 60 I made enough gold to buy my mount training for 40 and 60 no problem and still sunk in a bunch of gold to get rid of certain talents and spells. My hunter is 53 atm and I spent 100 gold changing a few different things around and then did about 4 quests and made that gold back easy. It's not hard to make gold you just gotta be willing to farm it. But most people Peter things handed to them in staid of working for it. 

My conclusion is if you don't like your build or it don't work out for you then tweak it in certain ways at a time to make it work. Don't waste a purge on just changing out a few abilities or talents. Now say your getting rid of claw for mangle thats fine just spend some goold and get rid of one ability for the other. No point in wasting a whole purge to change claw to mangle. So far on all my chars I still have the free purges you were givin at lvl 1. I even changed a whole spec around using just gold and still made that gold up in no time 

will be good if 1 free respect will be avaliable each 2 week or maybe month.

For example player 60 lvl made bad build and cant farming mobs or bg with this build, so have high chance that he just leave from server.

Great idea, I'm sure Ascension can make it in a way that improves build experimentation while still keeping some of the gold sink and profit making aspect of the current system.

Would make sense to sell an unlimited respec on the cash store. 

Would make sense to sell the "ascension bundle" at the $30 price point as (a) book, (b) dual spec, (c) unlimited respecs, since those three things all support the unique selling point of Ascension, building your class fantasy.

Open PTR. There are too many bugs to pretend like we don't need it.

Edited by Matt

On 2/2/2018 at 1:24 PM, Hendoharuku said:

I'm sorry but this is a bad idea. Maybe a free purge on both once a week wouldn't be too bad. But changing out spells for the price of gold isn't too bad. I played a bunch of times and if I want to test out a new build then I'll level a character tweaking him as I level. Like I have my cat. I planned him out from level 1 and worked on different parts of my build since then. I mean going from level1 to 60 I made enough gold to buy my mount training for 40 and 60 no problem and still sunk in a bunch of gold to get rid of certain talents and spells. My hunter is 53 atm and I spent 100 gold changing a few different things around and then did about 4 quests and made that gold back easy. It's not hard to make gold you just gotta be willing to farm it. But most people Peter things handed to them in staid of working for it. 

My conclusion is if you don't like your build or it don't work out for you then tweak it in certain ways at a time to make it work. Don't waste a purge on just changing out a few abilities or talents. Now say your getting rid of claw for mangle thats fine just spend some goold and get rid of one ability for the other. No point in wasting a whole purge to change claw to mangle. So far on all my chars I still have the free purges you were givin at lvl 1. I even changed a whole spec around using just gold and still made that gold up in no time 

Well that's a long winded "F*** you! I don't need it so you don't!" way of saying things. I am glad you sat down and looked for hours on end planning and plotting to the "ONE TRUE BUILD"! I however have about 2-3 hours a day IF I am lucky. Short of that I have to get it right or reroll. OR just have a LVL 60 I don't want to play sit in a server for the rest of time.... One free reroll every 3-7 days isn't a big deal at all.

So many good ideas. And I'll add it in here too, we are being punished for exploring the system that makes this different from retail. As of right now, you either pick a basic retail hybrid build or you accidentally pick a crap build and then you're stuck with it if you haven't saved up a bunch of respec mats. There is plenty of different options to allow for easier use of the classless experience:

-Weekly allotment of purges/ability scrolls - possible monthly sub to increase this 

- Streamline RE runes and orbs to be used for skill/talent purges and full ability/talent purges respectively while adding rune frags to open world drops

- Just adding the scrolls and purge "fragments" to open world drops would still encourage farming, but make it a bit easier

- 3 day cooldown for a free purge

- Weekly or bi-weekly events where there are free-purge NPCs in capital cities and hold some sort of "share-a-build" or workshop to help new players out and incorporate the youtube series into the game

- Literally anything that isn't such a harsh punishment for wanting to fully explore the absolutely wonderful experience they've built for us

Still allow gold to be used, but maybe tone it down a bit. As of right now the gold sinks in the game are tuned for a much more robust economy, and the economy right now is so lacking because the poor people who usually farm and support the system don't stay long enough because of how punishing it is. 

Free respec events would be good. Alternating weekends (Friday through Monday) could be increased xp and free respec alternating. Also using the orbs for ability unlearns would be excellent, want to unlearn something go run a dungeon, perfect!!!!!!!

They could also instead add a new "disenchanting" type system that lets you break down blue and epic gear for materials that allow you to respec

I have no idea how to make it work, but I can tell you that I got to 60 and found out the price and I think I am not going to login again. I even got free respecs left... I am already discouraged enough to not consider this system interesting anymore, was great for a while in the low levels tho.

Absolutely agree! The way it works now - possibility to create your own build almost useless,because you can not afford to experement

Devs said that they want to make ppl think hard about their choices,but in reallity it turns out that ppl dont want to think at all !! because it's costs too much,most ppl prefer to simply copy-paste builds from internet and guild-mates.And I can't blame them.Everyone want to play an efficient build. But to make such build you must have several trys.You can't create 
an efficient build with just 3 reset(or 2 most likely cause most ppl respecing after hitting 60).

At this point,the main idea of classles realm - create your own class - drowning in the circumstances. You can do it.. if you can afford it.But you can't most of the times.

And cooldown is exectly the thing wich is needed to make ppl think about their choices and dont killing a wish to make decisions.

Edited by Trekonus

This also explains my situation...

I tried out some builds while leveling and they all sucked.
I dont play right now since all other players dump on me with this shit build and I am thinking about starting a new character, just because I want to have the possibility to test more builds at max level and to copy a decent build from someone right at the start.

I dont think you should be able to destroy all the fun you could have with the respec function at max level, while leveling.
New players want to test out the "no class system" you implemented and they get punished while dont even knowing it till later and this could result in them quiting.