Sign in to follow this  
sluz

make racials choosable or remove them

im new here, i like the concept, i like the fact that people are interested in servers and devs are trying hard to make more room for more people, but one thing is bothering me so much that im hesitating to put in time in this server, and that thing is racials, and the fact that every single server is heavily alliance favoured mostly filled with humans and their retardedly op WOTLK racial

i really really cant understand why on such a heavily customized server with all abilities ready for taking, we have to get stuck with racials that are so unbalanced and unfun, and see such faction imbalances.

give us the option either to choose racials or completely remove them.

25 minutes ago, Modernkennnern said:

I agree. I love playing Alliance, but I would like to choose the Troll Racial (due to the fact just how OP it has always been in PvE)

So you suggest changing it so that every single player ran with the same OP racials? Sounds fun /s

Edited by mindw0rk

1 hour ago, mindw0rk said:

So you suggest changing it so that every single player ran with the same OP racials? Sounds fun /s

Not different that half the population running the OP Titagrip windfury rogue setup. Most will pick the Human racial, some will pick the Troll one. All of them have advantages and not everyone is min/maxing for pvp

14 hours ago, Modernkennnern said:

I mean, that is exactly what the OP is asking. :P

they could change the cost of different tier of racials, or completely remove them, i just wanna roll a gnome but dont wanna play on a faction thats has 20% more players.

not only that, not being able to choose racials on a realm like this makes absolutely no sense....

I really like the idea of a racial essence. Pick your racials once and no respec.

15 hours ago, mindw0rk said:

As opposed to 70% of people running around with OP racials? I mean... how different will it really be when most people pick human anyways? The other solution is removing human's racial trinket.

even if everyone chose EMFH factions would be balanced approx 50/50, better for bgs, better for raids, better for open pvp... and there wouldnt be so many humans running around (diversity op)

I agree because with the class-less system picking a race becomes solely numbers based where as before you would have to be a tauren if you wanted to be a druid. Undead/Human are so much better than the rest for pvp, there really is no choice if you are serious about pvp which is a problem. 

6 hours ago, bmannion4 said:

I really like the idea of a racial essence. Pick your racials once and no respec.

As opposed to 70% of people running around with OP racials? I mean... how different will it really be when most people pick human anyways? The other solution is removing human's racial trinket.

I see players of every race all the time. And I like that racials are diverse across the board, instead of everyone having one fotm racial

6 minutes ago, mindw0rk said:

I see players of every race all the time. And I like that racials are diverse across the board, instead of everyone having one fotm racial

yeah but every third is a human, right? so instead of everyone having fotm, "just" a third of playerbase does?

Just give everyone 4 "Racial Essence" in lvl 1 and dump all the racials on General Tab. And let the people pick their 4 options. Will help a lot on both PvP and PvE. Also will make character creation more like a Cosmetic option and less: "Oh I need to roll a Gnome for the extra 5% int for my mage build." Cheers!

I like the Dwarfs ability to get rid of poisons. I make a dwarf. I like the trolls ability to roid-rage out. I make a Troll.... Making it to were a human can roid-rage or a cowman can get out of traps isn't a big deal. I can see the idea of wanting to choose EVERYTHING but at the same time it's not a big factor in why I have ever picked a character type. I honestly don't think it would make any difference to why race a player chooses even if they lat you pick what you wanted. The main reason I don't like the horde is the cities are crappy at best with the layouts. The trade off seems to be the abliity to finish achievements faster on horde and better resources for grinding out cretin professions. If you REALLY want to make the horde a more attractive choice then change a city to have a better layout rather then an annoying maze of misfits. That's just me though.

Since a third of the population on all realms is human, and everything else is around the 14 or 7 percent mark with undead and orc being top horde races, it’s definatly based on racials. While humans might be more popular, they get a huge majority from their racial being hands down the best.

i am 100% behind choosing racials separate from the race. Give the option to choose an active and 3 passives.

pvpers will choose the human one, pvers will choose orc, troll, dwarf

someone might take shadowmeld or warstomp but I doubt it. They can be substituted with other abilities.

On 22/1/2018 at 8:00 PM, Chronosk said:

Just give everyone 4 "Racial Essence" in lvl 1 and dump all the racials on General Tab. And let the people pick their 4 options. Will help a lot on both PvP and PvE. Also will make character creation more like a Cosmetic option and less: "Oh I need to roll a Gnome for the extra 5% int for my mage build." Cheers!

I agree, that would be very nice, and being resetable. If you want to do PvP as fast as you create your char, pick a racial and later you don't feel like doing it anymore and want to make a PvE char, I think it would be fair to being able to reset your racials.

7 hours ago, freaknasti said:

Since a third of the population on all realms is human, and everything else is around the 14 or 7 percent mark with undead and orc being top horde races, it’s definatly based on racials. While humans might be more popular, they get a huge majority from their racial being hands down the best.

i am 100% behind choosing racials separate from the race. Give the option to choose an active and 3 passives.

pvpers will choose the human one, pvers will choose orc, troll, dwarf

someone might take shadowmeld or warstomp but I doubt it. They can be substituted with other abilities.

Yeah, I like your idea. Other thing that comes to my mind is to do something like "passives cost 1 Racial Essence and actives 2 ones", by having 5 Racial Essences, allowing combinations kind of "5 passives, 2 actives and 1 passive, 1 active and 3 passives", but maybe it would be very op by using EMFH + Berserking or Blood Fury + 1 passive, even though everyone would be allowed to use that same racials, it probably would turn on the "new meta racials' set up" and staff should have to begin to nerf those ones as well. So, your idea of 1 active and 3 passives seems quite fine to me and I'd like if staff do things that way, though I also share my opinion and let it open to discuss.