Sign in to follow this  
Finesse

L52 on Cenarius... my experiences

Okay let's just ignore "OMG the queue times blah blah blah" stuff. Everyone knows, the devs are doing amazing work scrambling to *upgrade everything*.

I'm L52 Alliance side.

I have done Deadmines x1.

I did Stockades I think 4 times.

I did ZF I think 3 times.

Trying to get anything else done... just good fucking luck. No one wants to run all the way to SM. I suspect fully half the alliance population couldn't even figure out how to get to SFK, RFK or RFD without a guide dog and pulsing green arrows on the ground..

In terms of PVP. I've actually seen horde players about 4-5 times the entire leveling experience. I've pvped for real twice. One time I got ganked during an aoe pull. I returned and klilled the hordey. I HATE FUCKINGHATE HATE HATE PVP so that's not a problem to me.

What is a problem to me is that instances are basically dead in the water because the dungeon finder doesn't teleport people to the instance. The rationale being that it puts people into the world to enjoy getting to the dungeon and experiencing world pvp.

As I see it, neither dungeons or world pvp is happening on a no-risk server.

Please for the love of Azeroth port people to dungeons so we can enjoy actual content. Otherwise all leveling is turning out to be is finding aoe grinding spots.

It's just not 2004 anymore. Flying on a griffon for 5-10 minutes isn't gameplay.

Yeah, I have been noticing the very same thing on Doomhammer, having dungeons not teleport you makes more sense of Sarg, but it really does just make nobody want to do them on the non-ffa servers.

32 minutes ago, Lefille said:

good luck surviving 19-20lvl up at sg:)

I dealt with the idiotic pvp FFA system all the way to the level cap back when this was WoW Awakening and you only had one spec. Back when dying in PvE meant half your stuff went into a lootable chest. Back when you could literally be camped and lose 30-40% of your gear and inventory with every time you were killed. Back when you'd do a /who of the zone to figure out if it was even safe to enter. Like most people I just stopped playing, stopped putting in bug reports and waited until Andorhal opened to start playing again.

Most people are here for the classless element of the game. And PvE has always been vastly more popular than PvP.

World pvp has always been ganking, trolling and bullying to the point where people just quit playing the game. World pvp has always been a virtual version of the knockout game. It certainly ends any interest in paying real world money for the experience.

Smirk and shit on me if you want, but that's why two weeks ago Sargeras was going to be closed and rolled into Andorhal. That's why we have three No-Risk servers now.

And don't say "get good". I am good. I'm very good. But I'm very good at PvE and that's what I enjoy playing.

Why the fuck should I shell out cash to keep a server alive for people who hold me in contempt?

The draw to Ascension is that's it's classless. I want to heal dungeons. Can that seriously just not be something the game supports happening?

52 minutes ago, Magicono16 said:

Yeah, I have been noticing the very same thing on Doomhammer, having dungeons not teleport you makes more sense of Sarg, but it really does just make nobody want to do them on the non-ffa servers.

And as a result we have basically no tanks and no healers leveling. Which means everyone arrives at L60 unable to do instances for a while as well.

2 hours ago, Finesse said:

It's just not 2004 anymore. Flying on a griffon for 5-10 minutes isn't gameplay.

Yes. Too many people don't realize that all of that "gameplay" was literally designed to keep you paying a subscription for as long as possible. They cry when things aren't vanilla without differentiating between the features that made vanilla fun and the features that are literally designed to waste your time. There is NO logical reason for features designed to waste out time on a private server because we aren't paying a subscription.

22 hours ago, bmannion4 said:

Yes. Too many people don't realize that all of that "gameplay" was literally designed to keep you paying a subscription for as long as possible. They cry when things aren't vanilla without differentiating between the features that made vanilla fun and the features that are literally designed to waste your time. There is NO logical reason for features designed to waste out time on a private server because we aren't paying a subscription.

Oh no I completely remember playing in 2004 and being utterly blown away by flying across zones on the griffons and not hitting loading screens. It was utterly amazing at the time.

I don't think it was intended to be a time sink at the time. I think it was meant to be an awesome experience, and it was an awesome experience.... At the time.

It's just now days, for one of those long haul flights, I get on the griffon... and I go do laundry or something.

Now the AQ War Effort... well, that's maybe a different story lol.

I understand your frustration but activating teleport to dungeon wont solve shit. If you players are too lazy to fucking walk to a dungeon for 5minutes, you honestly should quit playing wow. Thats just my point of view. It also gets a lot better at 60, bc thats where most of the pop is at(on andorhal that is)

There is also not much of a point running dungeons while the blue droprates are increased, if you want a fix for your problem - that would do the trick. people want nice gear, thats used to be farmed in a dungeon. why do dungeons if you allready are 80% blue from questing and grinding?

4 hours ago, Budnoob said:

I understand your frustration but activating teleport to dungeon wont solve shit. If you players are too lazy to fucking walk to a dungeon for 5minutes, you honestly should quit playing wow. Thats just my point of view. It also gets a lot better at 60, bc thats where most of the pop is at(on andorhal that is)

There is also not much of a point running dungeons while the blue droprates are increased, if you want a fix for your problem - that would do the trick. people want nice gear, thats used to be farmed in a dungeon. why do dungeons if you allready are 80% blue from questing and grinding?

You only have that many blues if you AoE grind

a LOT of people just did the normal questing experience, mainly because they want to play with builds instead of just take the AoE builds off the 'net.  

I'm 57 now and I've worn 1-3 blues from 20-57, and most of those blues were purchased weapons.  the droprates may be increased but world drops are pretty rare to be your "class".  So yea, dungeons would have been fun, but I'd queue up for a bunch of them and get nothing for hours, which shouldn't happen if i'm leveling with everyone else.

Making extra servers because high queue times was the perfect time for making a pve one, also a dev said once "RDF was an mistake"  so go figure, they still believe in the blue moon of world pvp.

Happened the same to me @ level 28 when I wanted to do a dungeon. The solution was to spec tanking and only waited 15 min. I agree that this is not the ideal wait time, but I find it OK since it allows me to do dungeons ... I do not particularly like tanking, but I am a strong believer to be part of the solution and not part of the problem.

Many players only want to do damage and when the queues are long they blame the developers for various reasons never thinking that if they would make a compromise and learn to tank or heal then they can gear themselves for later content :).

What I am trying to say is: find solutions not blame :)

I've been saying this for months:

dungeons are dead. (at low lvls)

suggested some changes to fix it months ago.
A few changes have been made, like offering reward for using the RDF.

But there's still so much potential.
Besides broken teleport, another big issue is people skipping every heal ability a normal priest/paladin would get on retail, like ress dead people, while dungeons being OVERTUNED (monsters made stronger) to fit the players over-normal strength that comes with the possibility of taking every class strongest spells/talents.

But thank god they took this dungeon-buff back recently. After I stated dungeon-doing is more likely underpowered rather than overpowered in comparison to old live gameplay.

Leaves us with the issue of lack of teleport and players... only dungeons people seem to do is deadmines and then later ZF.

I'm sure they sort this out sooner or later, since it has been addressed many times

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 9:45 PM, Budnoob said:

Nope. People do Deadmines, Stockades and ZF, because people are already in Westfall, Stormwind and Tanaris.

The issue is clearly the length of travel time to get to dungeons.

Part of the reason it gets better at 60 is that BRD, LBRS, UBRS, MC, BWL, ZG are near flight points. Though to be fair, it's a better deal for Alliance than Horde getting to Blackrock Mountain.

21 hours ago, Klick said:

Besides broken teleport, another big issue is people skipping every heal ability a normal priest/paladin would get on retail, like ress dead people, while dungeons being OVERTUNED (monsters made stronger) to fit the players over-normal strength that comes with the possibility of taking every class strongest spells/talents.

Totally agree. Some of these spells need to be bundled into a small pack like the hunter pet ones are. Huge numbers of skills just aren't taken by anyone ever.

Nah i didnt do any aoe grinding, just normal quests. Blues drop a lot, with 3 blues youre just been unlucky. Walking to dungeons doesnt seem to be a problem on hordeside, might be a different thing to alliance idk.

I remember being 35ish and queue'd for SM.  All of them, just to get in SOMETHING since I love SM so much.  

I finally got a group after a few hours.  As alliance, I flew up to WPL and ran to SM.  And sat there for a literal hour as the other 4 members of my team continued questing, hoping one of the other 4 would make the long run up.  Finally someone did, and we slowly summoned 2 more while the 5th person logged   

We did one run of the armory with 4 people, group broke up, and it took me almost 2 hours of sitting up there AFTER I found a group to do one run of my favorite dungeon.  Never got in another. 

Lowbie dungeons are dead, even for fresh start servers when everyone is a lowbie.  Only dungeons I saw running consistently were the ones near/in major cities.  

One note on dungeons, RDF, etc:  

Running to dungeons and world pvp/exploration worked in vanilla live servers for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is population.  

There's like a tenth of the population online here as there was on live, and most of those people don't have the kind of playtimes we did 12 years ago when we first did this crap.  Add those two together and you're not going to get much dungeon stuff done.  It's also hurting 60s dungeoning... it's hard scrabbling a group together for any but the most convenient dungeons to get to.  Oh, and most of those early dungeons didn't require dedicated tanks and healer classes... they do here.   So a tenth of the population with FAR less tanks & healers in queues because you neee them here...

I get why you want people running to dungeons, but at some point maybe it's worth taking a step back and asking the community if the system is serving the community or punishing them.  

I agree with this. I've been on Ascension (Andorhal and Doomhammer) for ~a month now and have yet to do a single dungeon. From huge queue times due to lack of healers and tanks to the gigantic trek some dungeons require (SM, SFK for alliance for example). It's simply not worth it over questing, especially when you get a blue drop off of every ~20 mobs. When I was AoE grinding in arathi I swear I got 30 blues in several hours grinding. It was absurd.

So yes, I think LFD should teleport you. This isn't a hardcore vanilla x1 gameplay experience, there's no reason to make leveling 5mans this punishing.

The ease of AoE grinding also pushes more people away from dungeons.  Especially the capable people.  

So there's a smaller percentage of people even interested in dungeons here, on servers with a fraction of the pop of live. 

Ive also seen a huge uptick in blues and purples in world kills, so not even much incentive to go get BoPs.

Not a great combo. 

If you're not willing to teleport, then at least bump the difficulty down so true tanks and healers aren't required.  Builds don't get OP until late game, and dungeon mobs  pump out WAY too much damage to handle with just dps like you can on live.