Bloodrush

Removing tomes adding daily quest

I,ve been playing on sargeras beta since januari and then from the start of the launch. Since the first time ive hit lvl 60 i disliked tomes in the game. 

Tomes make respeccing even more costly plus it gives new players a disadvantege because they dont have tomes yet or gold to buy them.

From my understanding tomes where added to encourage farming in the world and thus creating world pvp. Now my point is remove tomes and add dailies these dailies will reward gold/reforge tokens. This makes the player still leave capital cities and encourage world pvp. another point is that farming gold is just dull boring content for most people, at least dailies give diversety in wich zones you play and in wich spots you play.

I love the idea of dailies, gives casual players something to do besides pvp and raiding that gives them a sense of progression. But do you mean dailies as in the reputation farming ones of MoP, the cosmetic reward ones of the Argent Tournament, the world quests of broken shore or the Quel'dalas raid-unlock server wide event?

I was thinking about gold/reforge token rewards and the dailies itself to be focused either on killing mobs in a certain zone or doing proffession dailies

I don't think that the new player argument is valid, as new players should have to work to unlock things.  It gives you a goal to work towards.

However, I think the problem is with respecs requiring you to reacquire books, as well as keep track of which books you do and do not have.

I'm also running out of bank space on my bank alt from all the random tomes I'm holding onto in case I pick up the ability.

So, for 2 out of 3 reasons I agree tomes should go away.

I agree when purges/respecs happen the loss of Tomes really hurt the build. (I.E. Lifetap being in most builds, the non-tomed vs tomed skill is such a drastic change). Also this would help close the gap a little from newish 60s to established 60s.

I do agree in the proposal to get rid of tomes and adding the skill to the normal trainer/BoA.

Dailies would be fun that require you to go into farming zones such as Silithus, Plaguelands, Winterspring, ETC.

To promote WorldPvp, I listed some ideas in another thread.

I like the idea of having daily quests to obtain tokens that can be used to obtain tomes.  Daily quests can be anything from running certain dungeons, winning a BG, farming certain items off of world drops, or gathering items with a profession.  You could add World PvP dailies by utilizing the towers in EPL.  I like g0rfy's suggestions for world PvP, and dailies could be incorporated into these suggestions.

There is a ton of potential here, not just to obtain tomes, but to obtain other items that may be useful.

Edited by Finality
Duplication