Sign in to follow this  
Vedartha

Suggestion: Systems to balance Battlegrounds

Posted (edited)

So after Naxxramas release i had an idea for a new sytem to improve the quality of life in Battlegrounds.

For those that dont know it yet, while inside of Naxxramas every player gets an permanent zone wide debuff that reduces Dodge Chance by 20% to prevent player from getting to hit immunity. Based on that debuff i came up with the following idea.

System: Rules of War: This is a map wide permanent debuff that is applied to all player in a battleground. Rules of War reduces critical strike damage of all player by 50%, all healing recieved by 50% and Chance to Dodge, Block or Parry by 20%. Rules of War cant be removed or disabled by immunitys like Divine Shield.

This allows to crunch numbers on spikey damage builds like Holy Caster and the same time supresses the extrem powerfull heal - flag carry builds. It also makes tanks in battlegrounds way less annoying and dominant vs melee.

"BuT NAHAkSkAo WiLl StIL kILOL uS!"

Do not fear! I had a second thought to deal with those extremly dominant players.

System: Price of Fame: Every time you score a killing blow while in a battleground you gain a stack of Price of Fame, increasing your damage taken by 2%. Stacking up to 100 times. Upon death, half of stacks are lost. Price of Fame cant be removed or disabled by immunitys like Divine Shield. Persist trough death.

What do you think of this ?

Edit: Oh ye, no one sais it must be this numbers, its just what i think would be a good start to play arround with.

Edited by Vedartha

Posted (edited)

I like the idea.

Tank builds in BGs after the resent tank change is insanely good vs melee.
Perhaps reducing tanks avoidance in pvp after the pve change could help.

Healers are also doing way to much healing for my liking.
After a long fight getting someone to low health most healers in pvp can heal them to full in a global cooldown. Reducing sustain builds and burst healing, yes.

I dont see why you would suggest making players take more damage after killing other players, the balance of pvp is to learn and improve individually to counter others builds and actions.
Making the game punish you for being good is not a good thing imo.

Edited by Soz

The Idea is to reduce gear advantage. Like when you are a new 60 player, you join BG as food to people like Naks, i dont want to QQ about, i also get smashed by him but in my case its more like i dont run a pvp build, i could do that (still cant beat him than xd) but i dont rearly bother. I dont see it as a punishment, more like as an opportunity to shut the enemy carry down and get a time window you could actualy go for a flag in a bg.

Posted (edited)

If you join a BG with dungeon blues you dont really have much to say against a 1 year veteran with top raid tier loot. Making them equal would make no sence.
Staying ahead of the curve with some hard work should pay out, the catch up we have on Andorhal as well give you a decent chance to stay relevant gear wise.
You dont even need to raid to obtain Nefarian tier gear.

However you could still bring a ton of CC into play and build on top of what your team has and beat the best pvp players we have playing here.
Disarm, disorient, fear, silence, healing reduction, slow, attack speed reduction, etc. In a well times scenario these really shine.

Edited by Soz