vissicrate

Season 4 Ironman Question

So i'm Loving the plans for season 4 Draft looks awsome and so does ironman mode but i do have a question/concern regarding ironman mode, i'm curious as to weather there will be any protection in place to stop level 60 players or even just higher level players in general from going around trolling ironman players by showing up and ganking them. I'm asumeing there will be something in place much like the high risk mode 5 level diffrence system but i just want to confirm before i set out on that adventure.

Thanks

based on past experiance with season 1-3. probably not. remember in season two they allowed non wildcard players to kill and loot wildcard players. so most likley you'll see 60's camping mid to low zones killing everyone at least once.

There is also no reward for doing it, I mean is there an achievement? Transmog? anything for saying you conquered iron man?

48 minutes ago, Fupaflap said:

There is also no reward for doing it, I mean is there an achievement? Transmog? anything for saying you conquered iron man?

They already stated custom titles and cosmetics.

Guest kayrn

Based on the stress test yesterday, you get a debuff on you that states you are in Ironman mode. In this mode you cannot party, mail, auction and states you can ONLY engage in combat with OTHER ironman people and ONLY in honorable combat. Assuming this means no matter what zone you're in, you cannot be touched by other players unless they're ironman as well, and it works just as if you were in WPL or Winterspring.

There was also an option to do Survivalist mode, basically 100% same rules apply as ironman, but you can party with friends only. Not sure if loot can be shared when dungeon or questing, or if drops occur only to the person that killed the mob because we were unable to leave Northshire. Same rules apply, honorable combat only with ironman or survivalist only. Unique titles for both.

There will also be some sort of Legendary Resurrection Stone you can obtain, it states you can get them while playing in Ironman mode, so not sure if they're drops or obtained by getting to 60 or what, but they basically allow you to make your ironman character permanent if he should die. Otherwise they're permanently a ghost.

https://gyazo.com/56c0872fad28de3281e00928af045d67

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Tekkies said:

They already stated custom titles and cosmetics.

Where do they say titles and cosmetics, all we've seen so far is that there will be a reward but we don't know what yet.

Edited by SirGank

https://project-ascension.com/news/view/160 answers some of the questions i had but still wondering about high level gank protection because if there isnt a system in place to protect against it there will be players who level to 60 or w.e running around STV ganking and ending peoples ironman playthrough, while there is some protection in place because of the whole only ironmans can fight other ironmans but still doesnt say anything about higher level ganking. if there isnt any protection against this i will not be playing high risk ironman and i dont know how many people will be willing to waste their time with it.

7 hours ago, SirGank said:

Where do they say titles and cosmetics, all we've seen so far is that there will be a reward but we don't know what yet.

Hm, it was said somewhere, I'll have to see if I can find it, can't quite remember where but it definitely said custom titles and cosmetics I know that 100%.