itswicky

Dev Update #79 Naxx Patch

Posted (edited)

It takes away from seasonal as well, as presumably the balance patch will be on Season 4 and Shadowsong as well.

If it's buggy due to a lack of a PTR it affects all realms.

I'm happy it's going live, but really would have been good to have a PTR :/

Edited by Skray

Posted (edited)

Seasonal servers are really starting to ruin any sort of enjoyment to be had on the other servers. Seeing how it's always prioritized.
I would argue A lot if not most of these balance changes should've been seen in the last 7 months as it's actually adressing things that have been completely broken in a PVP environment since season 2.
7 MONTHS is basically what it took. And these aren't even the PVP changes.

Naxx is a raid that's been severely delayed already and you're actually prioritizing seasonal release. Which for some reason that i really do not understand is the day before Naxx???
Was it last December Naxx was supposed to be finished and released? Honestly cannot recall anymore.

And please do answer some of these concerns about PWS and other builds instead of just avoiding them. 30-15 S duration on PW:S is a HUGE change to how the build is played.
A working PTR is absolutely needed right away at this point with Naxx being 5 days after a balance patch, and so are info on attunement and other things that we for some reason do not have.

Edited by Cajden
Forgot a part.

Once again seasonal detracts from legacy, conveniently a day before Naxx releases. I wonder when this cycle of seasonal screwing around with the legacy servers will stop. At this point it's also detracting from the current seasonal with all efforts spent on the next big thing instead of fixing the issues with the current.

50 minutes ago, Skray said:

I'm happy it's going live, but really would have been good to have a PTR

We agree with you wholeheartedly.

40 minutes ago, Cajden said:

Seasonal servers are really starting to ruin any sort of enjoyment to be had on the other servers.

Other servers wouldn't really exist at this point without seasonal realms.

41 minutes ago, Cajden said:

Naxx is a raid that's been severely delayed already and you're actually prioritizing seasonal release.

We have a completely separate group of people working on naxx development and making sure it's in as good a state as it can be before release and a separate team of people working on development for season 4.

42 minutes ago, Cajden said:

And please do answer some of these concerns about PWS and other builds instead of just avoiding them.

I gave a reply regarding this earlier in the thread and I've shared the feedback I've gotten regarding PW:S with the balance team.

So is the patch live? It looks as if only some of the changes went through? If there has been any chances to the implemented patch compared to what was listed in the original post, any chance you can provide an updated list of changes?

On 7/22/2019 at 2:28 AM, itswicky said:

Focused Fire RE - Now grants 11/12/13/14/15% bonus damage on your Flametongue Weapon, from 16/17/18/19/20%.
Fireball - Now deals 5% reduced damage to players.

Maelstrom Weapon - Now grants 2% bonus damage per stack to Lightning Bolt and Chain Lightning, from 4%. Now also reduces the damage dealt by Fireball by 2% per stack.

due to this changes you make fireball and frostbolt complitely irrelevant comparing to lightning bolt perfomance.

Also, please can we have atleast dmg buff for frostbolt in pvp for maelstrom users, so maelstrom increase 3% dmg on frostbolt per stack to make it perform atleast somehow near fireball/lightning bolt with its 25% pvp mod.

also imho applying pvp mods directly on spells reduces variety of builds , for example i would rather run frostbolt in SoR build but due to 25% pvp mod and low base dmg this spell w/o any investment cant compete with others(fireball/light bolt) , you'd better apply pvp mods on re's and talents than spells itself

20 minutes ago, Sarge said:

So is the patch live? It looks as if only some of the changes went through? If there has been any chances to the implemented patch compared to what was listed in the original post, any chance you can provide an updated list of changes?

Updates are being pushed to LS at the moment. If you are using the new patch it will have the updated tooltips, but the changes aren't yet live. They will all be live by the end of the day. LS will be finished shortly and the rest of the servers will follow shortly after.

On 7/22/2019 at 9:28 AM, Wigoor said:

So.. 

To do a full rotation of pws in 10man you need (1.132*9 + 1.5), 11.688s for GCD's and a flawless connection 0ms.

PWS will be up for 15sec, This gives you 3.312s of "free" time befor you need to start the rotation again. If you want to pre shield an ability you no longer have the power to do so, unless the tank doesn't take any damage.

While we at it, the RE [Strengthened Soul] reduces the Debuff of PWS by 1s stacking. If you use this you will have 0.312s of free time, add latency and you now have an RE that wont have its full potential at 3x.

You have made PWS a 1 button spec.

i adgree with this mabey make it at least 20 - 25 sec for a heal not being able to cleanse or heal tank beside shields is kinda crazy

9 hours ago, itswicky said:

Have another update for you guys. Due to some technical issues we are currently unable to get the PTR up in time. Subsequently we'll be releasing the player patch live today, first on Laughing Skull. Once things look good there we'll be throwing it out to the rest of the realms. We'll continue to listen to your feedback regarding the changes here and in game. After the patch is released we will continue to investigate the issue with the PTR and attempt to find a solution so we can push future updates there first. That said, we will be prioritizing finalizing changes for Season 4 first, so PTR will be delayed slightly. Sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused for some. Looking forward to seeing you guys in game!

O cool so pretty much proof of seasonal takes away development time for legacy, it's no big deal this is just the final raid in vanilla and one that people been waiting for almost a year now, no season 4 takes priority, I'm sure you'll have ptr up and running asap along side referral venders, pvp weapons, ect.

7 hours ago, itswicky said:

Other servers wouldn't really exist at this point without seasonal realms.

????? seasonals might help in population but no way they're the sole reason legacy realms are still around. there is absolutely no proof in that, as andorhal managed to stick around long before seasonals where a thing. not to mention season 1 and 2 actually hurt population towards the end of them

27 minutes ago, SirGank said:

O cool so pretty much proof of seasonal takes away development time for legacy

As I stated before, we currently have a separate team of developers working on naxx who are not working on season 4.

24 minutes ago, SirGank said:

seasonals might help in population but no way they're the sole reason legacy realms are still around. there is absolutely no proof in that

I don't think you understand. Ascension as a whole would likely not exist to this day if it weren't for the impact of seasonal realms. Our last season had over 10x the player count there as we saw on legacy realms. Andorhal does not stay up simply because you will it to be so. We understand that we still have long time players who are not interested in seasonal at all or wish to play both. This is the reason we keep them active and continue to provide content updates to legacy realms, albeit not as often as we used to be able to. If we were interested in only cash grabbing and making money then we would only spend development time on seasonal realms. We care about the community, so we work hard to do updates like these to keep everyone engaged and out of respect for our long time players.

28 minutes ago, itswicky said:

As I stated before, we currently have a separate team of developers working on naxx who are not working on season 4.

There is only one dungeon developer.

Just now, itswicky said:

I don't think you understand. Ascension as a whole would likely not exist to this day if it weren't for the impact of seasonal realms. Our last season had over 10x the player count there as we saw on legacy realms. Andorhal does not stay up simply because you will it to be so. We understand that we still have long time players who are not interested in seasonal at all or wish to play both. This is the reason we keep them active and continue to provide content updates to legacy realms, albeit not as often as we used to be able to. If we were interested in only cash grabbing and making money then we would only spend development time on seasonal realms. We care about the community, so we work hard to do updates like these to keep everyone engaged and out of respect for our long time players.

That's a really one sided way of looking at it, we can also see the opposite  happening too, where new content released on legacy realms  has a increased rise in population, Seasonals aren't saving legacy realms, rather The YEAR LONG WAITS between raids is what's hurting legacy realms which also happens to be caused by seasonals. Everyone knows that when seasonals are launched all dev's from all teams are taken away from their current task to work on any problems on seasonal or make sure they're a stable experience on there at the cost of everything else, even the TBC dev's had to do it for season 2 and 3. sure seasonals bring in players but that's short term, we've already seen seasonal hype die down a lot with the fact that you guys have to merg servers to keep the population relativly healthy and even that's not really doing it anymore so probably why season 4 is being rushed.

Saying seasonals are the only thing keeping legacy realms alive is false, your making the mistake that the people on seasonal are only playing ascension because of seasonals which is quite false. people are playing seasonals because it's something new to do, while legacy realms have to deal with at this point almost one year gaps between major content release

37 minutes ago, wutm8 said:

There is only one dungeon developer.

My apologies. I'll be sure to direct future questions towards you, since you have knowledge that I don't.

13 minutes ago, SirGank said:

where new content released on legacy realms  has a increased rise in population

The difference in player engagement is not even close when comparing new content on legacy to seasonal releases.

14 minutes ago, SirGank said:

Saying seasonals are the only thing keeping legacy realms alive is false

Again, you are either misunderstanding me, or not hearing what I'm saying. Ascension as a whole, that includes LS Andor and seasonal realms, would likely not be online at this very moment and there may be no forums for you to come post to or anyone to here your feedback if we did not start doing seasonal servers.

17 minutes ago, SirGank said:

people are playing seasonals because it's something new to do

Releasing new content for legacy realms brings old players back, while seasonal content brings new people who have never even heard of Ascension in. We want more people to hear about Ascension so we can experience growth within the community.

This thread seems to be devolving a bit, don't know if it's because my A/C is out and it's hot af here, but I'm locking this one down as the discussion no longer seems to pertain to the balance changes mentioned in the OP. If any of you guys have additional feedback to add in regards to this update, then be sure to message me directly on Discord and I'll be sure to share what you have to say with the rest of the team, and I'll catch you next time when we have updates on our PvP changes coming in the future!