itswicky

Dev Update #79 Naxx Patch

Also could frost get some love on ST you do about 4k give or take a few hundred, with full bis gear, (Ouro / dummy fight) While there is plenty of other caster builds that reaches 5k + these days
And for some reason you nerfed chilled to the bone to 2% without giving anything else back and even now with the arcane potancy fix, you "nerfed" frost even more, as you lose avarage crit

(you got PVP modifers now so buffs for PVE should not be an issue)

And for the love of god, buff Hurricane its actually so sad that i cry in fetal position every night before bed

@itswicky

45 minutes ago, jungla said:

Also could frost get some love on ST you do about 4k give or take a few hundred, with full bis gear, (Ouro / dummy fight) While there is plenty of other caster builds that reaches 5k + these days
And for some reason you nerfed chilled to the bone to 2% without giving anything else back and even now with the arcane potancy fix, you "nerfed" frost even more, as you lose avarage crit

(you got PVP modifers now so buffs for PVE should not be an issue)

And for the love of god, buff Hurricane its actually so sad that i cry in fetal position every night before bed

@itswicky

Yea frost could have some love, to have more options to choose if you go hybrid... and with that did you consider making maelstrom or some other talent/re to proc other typer of spells like arcane, shadow?

7 minutes ago, itswicky said:

It actually triggers during Shadow Dance, so it's a very valuable pickup for Backstab builds.

Sorta true, but it becomes less valuable the better geared you become as focus attacks starts doing more heavy lifting, but that also means that any other build can't use overkill and it seems like counter to ascensions balance logic to have a talent that's pretty much only useable in one build. why not add a proc affect to it that says your rouge and cat abilitys have a 10% chance to proc it.

Posted (edited)

Blooming Growth RE - is now capped at 5 targets per trigger.

Wouldn't be better to cap it to 7-8 maybe even 9-10 targets rather then 5 ? I do feel that having the whole raid getting hotted with just one regrowth is stupid, but having only five people get is a bit too much in my opinion, my main concern is that pets can be hit so hitting 3 people and 2 pets is not the best thing or rather with the 7-8 cap it would look more like 5 people 2-3 pets. ( I don't suggest removing the proc from pets as let's say tank get's a proc from blooming growth and the pet doesn't get hit it will take you another 2 sec to cast it on that pet which is kinda stupid) 

The other thing is most of the time there's either 2-3 groups in 25 man, the melee group which is about 8 ish people less more often, the ranged group which isn't so neatly stacked and the tank group. The most annoying thing is gonna be that you will need to spam regrowth more then rejuv on the targets (which kinda defeats the whole premise of restoration druid). 

Other than that I do feel it's a good change which will make hot spec have a higher skill ceiling, but I do think capping it to 5 people is a bit too much of a nerf.

Edited by Dekrex

Posted (edited)

Knowing that Naxxramas was remade from WotLK one, can we please have the Armor/Resistances values, please, so we can adjust our builds if necessary.

Edited by Mograine

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Ashsj1992 said:

You just got some buffs for Hunters?

Honestly think i need to make a post about Hunters or somthing
The majority of hunters dont know how to build a PvP hunter.

Its seems to me like Hunters play almost PvE builds in PvP and still expect to win 1v1's against top players.

You're joking right? I've played hunter since start of Sargeras I don't think I need you to tell me how to build a pvp hunter. I've fully experienced the hunter gameplay in ascension and it's not as good as u make it to be. The buffs u mention in that hunters got are just for PVE mostly and wouldn't contribute to more damage in a pvp situation cause hunters are both talent/ability essence heavy if u wanna deal damage at all so if u want to use these new changes, it would take alot of tp for absolute nothing.

Like I dont wanna sit playing hunter and get charged and lose 1/2 of my health from a gcd or get cc locked by a caster that just puts on a PWS that I can't burst through fast enough with them sitting with Hots too then hit me for 2k. Like I can go tank hunter and perform better than full damage hunter. Also I can just use 5 AE just for my pet to do more dmg than my full hunter kit. Or nvm let me just drop all my hunter spells and take arcane barrage instead cause it would do more dmg than my hunter abilities even without any SP :)

I have some multiple suggestions to solve this such as adding back so explosive shot can proc instant poison 3 times again and please so evasion doesnt have 50% miss chance on ranged attacks cause thats just broken

Edited by Xronize

53 minutes ago, Dekrex said:

Other than that I do feel it's a good change which will make hot spec have a higher skill ceiling, but I do think capping it to 5 people is a bit too much of a nerf.

Even triggering it on 5 targets is more than doubling the healing output of your Regrowth and saving you 5 GCDs. You can still have the effect active on more than 5 people at a time, but it will only trigger on up to 5 people per GCD.

Update: We're still working on getting the PTR updated. We'll make an announcement once that's done. We're also looking to try and fix some issue with PTR transfers atm. We expect to have PTR up and running before the end of the day and hopefully to have the patch on live servers at some point tomorrow.

I've just updated the OP with an additional change we've made to the Toughness talent in the Protection Warrior tree. This should now be a very strong catch-all talent for shield tanks which increases all of their primary mitigation/tank stats. This change, along with our other tank and raid changes, should result in a much better raid environment for shield tanks than previously. We expect them to be very strong contenders for top tank spot moving into naxx.

On another note, we're having some technical difficulties getting the PTR properly updated and also fixing the issues with PTR transfers. We're on a bit of a time crunch, so I won't go as far to promise that we'll have it all fixed in time, but we are working hard and doing are best to get this test environment up for you guys before going live with these changes. That said, we will still be getting any changes live before naxx hits and are aiming to do so as quickly as possible, PTR issues or no.

Posted (edited)

Was the holy nova nerf really necessary? You couldve just given it yet another pvp mod if out of all the flaws that the pvp meta has right now holy nova was a big concern of yours... people do like to farm with it (mobs) and you nerfed this aspect alot with removing 20% dmg from it. 

edit: lol the RE got nerfed aswell? imagine gutting an ability by 32% (or more if these stats were multiplicative).

Edited by Peel2g
edit

will we have pre befor nax opens because there only 5 days left thts alot to push threw when players dont know what builds they are swaping to yet

Posted (edited)
On 7/22/2019 at 6:29 AM, itswicky said:

The change was intended to reduce the effectiveness in PvP where you can preshield before engaging a fight and wait for weakened soul to expire and get back to back shield effects before taking any damage.

lol wut

Purge, Devour Magic, Dispel Magic, Shield Slam...

Do those mean nothing to you?

Edited by Gubbyascension

6 hours ago, Peel2g said:

Was the holy nova nerf really necessary? You couldve just given it yet another pvp mod if out of all the flaws that the pvp meta has right now holy nova was a big concern of yours... people do like to farm with it (mobs) and you nerfed this aspect alot with removing 20% dmg from it. 

Absolutely necessary. You know how overpowered that ability was? People were running around in BG's topping dps & healing with a push of a button. You could literally beat a melee player just one ability. 

56 minutes ago, ChaoticDjin said:

Absolutely necessary. You know how overpowered that ability was? People were running around in BG's topping dps & healing with a push of a button. You could literally beat a melee player just one ability. 

Did you just skip the part where he said pvp modifier or no comprende?

Posted (edited)

As is stated previously, I really like a lot of these, and I'm not complaining about the lack of pvp modifiers because Wicky said like 10 times that there will be a follow up pvp patch. These are just some of my thoughts.

1) Desperate Prayer and Inner Focus cd reduction - good stuff. However, they really need some extra RE's or mechanics.

For example - Holy Shock is way more effective than Desperate Prayer, untalented HS with my gear healed for 1200, while DP for 1800. 6 second cd vs 90 second. Plus HS can be used offensively.

If Divine Litany effected it, to make the CD about 30-40 seconds, or maybe change it to a self-absorb, and make it benefit from PWS talents and RE's. 

Inner Focus - mana cost reduction - I cant really think of a situation where this will be useful. It helped a lot with high mana-cost Hymns, but we don't have those yet.

2) Polymorph cast time - this is probably the reason why the notes don't get a 10/10 from me. Polymorph is the worst cc spell, since you can't dispel it 1-1, unless you have a pet. If you want to give a quick cc option, than make sure you can't spam it. Give it a 8 or 10 second cd. Fear and polly spam is a thing and it is very unpleasant to play against.

3) With all the end-game players getting even more power, please don't forget to address survivability and pvp-damage mods.

4) I think many pally and priest talents can be merged, maybe the numbers I show as an example are wrong, but I think it will give a general idea:

a) Healing Focus - make it affect all holy spells, not just priest ones. This opens up Spiritual Focus.

Spiritual Focus - after being the victim of a critical strike, casting time of your next holy spell is reduced by 3/5/7%. Stack 3 times. Buff lasts 10 seconds.

b) Mental Agility - reduces the cost of all holy instant cast spells. This opens up Benediction.

Benediction - your holy critical heals lower mana cost and increase healing done by 1/2/3%. Stack 3 times. Buff lasts 10 seconds.

Edited by Hysteria

43 minutes ago, Sibis said:

Did you just skip the part where he said pvp modifier or no comprende?

How are you gonna PvP mod healing, smarty pants? It wasn't just the damage, it was that it damaged everyone and healed everyone. It's still quite good, even. It's just straight up an Arcane Explosion that cannot be resisted AND heals. It shouldn't also be 40% better for basically free if you're already playing a holy caster, should it?

Can you reduce the cd on shield block if you are reducing the amount blocked?  tbh, i'd like it to be changed to it's tbc era form.

Reducing shield tank damage won't change the fact that you literally can't hit them in pvp as melee. Even if you increase damage by 200% you still won't stand a chance since they basically avoid 90% of all hits. I know tanks are supposed to be melee counters but it's a bit over the top.. Can we have base hit rating in PVP like we have for resilience?

10 minutes ago, smart blart said:

How are you gonna PvP mod healing, smarty pants? It wasn't just the damage, it was that it damaged everyone and healed everyone. It's still quite good, even. It's just straight up an Arcane Explosion that cannot be resisted AND heals. It shouldn't also be 40% better for basically free if you're already playing a holy caster, should it?

Smartypants is admitting that I kinda forgot the lack of healing modifier even in instanced pvp. Shame, Shame, Shame. Carry on.

Posted (edited)

@Xronize

Well i know that i could play Hunter and compete against the top 1v1 players on the server
as i am currently already doing that in a few different builds.

I can tell from your close minded post, that your build is far from perfect, as you have 0 interrest in another opinion
one thing i will say for sure, is no PvP build is perfect, there is ALWAYS away to improved it,
I have learnt that by crafting with others and shareing idea's since Sarg too (as you seem to view that timeline with great value).

Edited by Ashsj1992

Posted (edited)

@Ashsj1992

I don't know who you call top 1v1 players on the server but i'd really like to know ur name ingame cause u seems to always come up reasons hunters don't need any PVP buffs. Of course you gonna have a chance against people who play glasscannon specs etc its mostly 50/50 vs a glasscannon depending on circumstances mostly. But any decent player that knows how to stick to you as a melee or a caster who knows what their doing can absolute shit on a hunter without them having a chance at all.

I've played a lot of specs during my time in ascension and theorycrafted a lot of specs which has managed to work good in LS. And it's not only me who thinks that pvp hunters are not that good in wpvp some people that I've known since sargeras think that aswell. Yes we perform well in BG's and mostly because we sit in the backline and attack. I never said I played a perfect pvp build. Like u said there's no perfect builds because there's always ways to improve. But you need to understand that i've improved my hunter build over the years so much that I've come to the conclusion that we hunters actually some kind of a buff to be competitive. Which is why I have some suggestions which are

Explosive shot should be able to proc 3 times poison if you use the talent to increase instant poison procs and RE

Deadly brew could use to have more yards to proc especially after melee got warbringer buffs.

Mana on ranged hunter abilities could be reduced.

Scaling on Chimera shot could be tweaked. (I used to use random enchant and talent to get 60% more damage on Chimera shot and it never crit more than 700-900 on geared people with mortal shot talent and high amount of RAP at that point)

Edited by Xronize

@Xronize

Both my player name and Discord Link are on my notes at the bottom.
If you wish to doing some crafting with me, feel free to add me, i enjoy crafting very much.

No i am refering to the actual top 1v1 players, I also am not even considering there performance in BGs, as i stated i mean 1v1s.

10 hours ago, ChaoticDjin said:

Mustve been a melee player with a) no sustain  or b) no damage or c) both a and b

I dont see any reason to just giveth a pvp mod instead of the blanket 20% nerf to both pvp and pvm 

Have another update for you guys. Due to some technical issues we are currently unable to get the PTR up in time. Subsequently we'll be releasing the player patch live today, first on Laughing Skull. Once things look good there we'll be throwing it out to the rest of the realms. We'll continue to listen to your feedback regarding the changes here and in game. After the patch is released we will continue to investigate the issue with the PTR and attempt to find a solution so we can push future updates there first. That said, we will be prioritizing finalizing changes for Season 4 first, so PTR will be delayed slightly. Sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused for some. Looking forward to seeing you guys in game!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, itswicky said:

Have another update for you guys. Due to some technical issues we are currently unable to get the PTR up in time. Subsequently we'll be releasing the player patch live today, first on Laughing Skull. Once things look good there we'll be throwing it out to the rest of the realms. We'll continue to listen to your feedback regarding the changes here and in game. After the patch is released we will continue to investigate the issue with the PTR and attempt to find a solution so we can push future updates there first. That said, we will be prioritizing finalizing changes for Season 4 first, so PTR will be delayed slightly. Sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused for some. Looking forward to seeing you guys in game!

can't down vote did to many reaction today so here my down vote in text 

pls tell me you joking

Edited by atm0220

sEaSOnAl dOn'T TAkE tiMe fROm lEGAcY DeVELopMenT