Sarge

Realease C'thun gear before naxxramas

Posted (edited)

Currently the best AQ loot is only obtainable through raiding. While this already seems weird on a pvp server such as laughing skull, the choice of ascension staff to make it so is not what I want to discuss in this particular topic.

I would like to suggest for ascension staff to allow players to obtain C'thun gear etc. from AQ in the last week leading up to Naxxramas. This would even the playing field for newer guilds as the new raid gets released- if left as it is, only the old raiding guilds which have farmed AQ for the past year will have a shot at clearing Naxx as the first ones as they have access to gear that no one else has.

Edited by Sarge

Agreed! 

Not only will it even out the playing field like you mentioned yourself, it will also populate the highrisk world that has been more or less since the release of hybrid risk.

Just git gud and clear AQT. It's not that hard, but you are basically asking for free loot. People farmed C'thun for 9 months on Andorhal, and some people did same on LS. Imagine you spend time and dedication for 9 months for nothing, just so players that farmed one week before Naxxramas have the same gear.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, SirGank said:

Here's a question for you. why can't you clear aqt?

23 minutes ago, Mograine said:

Just git gud and clear AQT. It's not that hard, but you are basically asking for free loot. People farmed C'thun for 9 months on Andorhal, and some people did same on LS. Imagine you spend time and dedication for 9 months for nothing, just so players that farmed one week before Naxxramas have the same gear.

It's not so much about not being able to clear AQ, it's just Laughing Skull is a PvP server and I think currently PvP players feel somewhat left behind. I understand there should be incentives for both PvE and PvP, but one should not be ahead of the other indefinitely.

Again as I have said on many threads, I seem to see a recurring problem that arguments people make for LS are made into a Andorhal Vs Laughing Skull debate, and they are two completely different servers.

Edited by Tekkies

Correct me if iam wrong. but i think AQT gear drops in the world  just C'thun gear is exclusive. I agree with Mograine, ignoring the selling of this items on LS, that people do that raid for 9 Months now. You do AQT to gear up for Naxxramas. Specialy C'thun got some Items that get taken over into this players Naxx BiS. If its dropping in the world, all of these players could have just stoped raiding after there first c'thun kill since gear would drop in the world annyway and its way easyer to get it that way than to do C'thun (specialy pre nerf kills). That would mean LS raiding scene would be long dead and with it the server itself. You cant take away reason to actualy do the Raids. C'thun Gear drops sooner or later. Jump into the raid and kill C'thun for it or wait untill people who actualy killed him got paid of in Naxx for it.

2 hours ago, Tekkies said:

It's not so much about not being able to clear AQ, it's just Laughing Skull is a PvP server and I think currently PvP players feel somewhat left behind. I understand there should be incentives for both PvE and PvP, but one should not be ahead of the other indefinitely.

Again as I have said on many threads, I seem to see a recurring problem that arguments people make for LS are made into a Andorhal Vs Laughing Skull debate, and they are two completely different servers.

Doesn't matter if LS is a pvp server. raiding is still one of the only reasons ls is even alive. if you don't believe me just look back to the old high risk server the ls replaced. dropping loot off world drops doesn't do anything but actually kill the server faster as they're less long term goals to do.

Posted (edited)

SirGank I see you are furiously defending the current system that caters to only 2 guilds on the server.. I fail to see how it keeps things alive.

However, what I really wanted to address in this topic is the release of C'thun gear just 1 week early which in no way negates the 9 months of AQ farm by these 2 guilds (as otherwise proclaimed by Mograine). They will still have bis gear for every single member as naxx is released lol. This would just allow newer players to get C'thun gear one week early (the broader part of the population will in no way have time enough to get all bis pieces, but it would most likely reinvigorate the wpvp scene and give a window of opportunity to catch up before new content is released - something which hopefully will boost competition both on pvp and pve scenes).

There are also arguments that drops in world are free gear. This is obviously not true as it is HIGH RISK, meaning someone can gank you and take your shit. Also you often have to farm a long time to get a drop that is actually worth anything - as things currently are, even if you get a crow's cache you can expect to earn around 50g.

Edit: also, what fun is a game if there is no competition in it?

Edited by Sarge

Even if you just release it 1 day before launch you call on 4 friends farm as a group for some hours and you will havve all pieces you need. When FLs where released you where able to check there boxes for the loot and than trade the boxes with other player when an item was inside they needet. What do you think what raiding guilds on Andorhal did with thazt information ?

5 hours ago, Sarge said:

SirGank I see you are furiously defending the current system that caters to only 2 guilds on the server.. I fail to see how it keeps things alive.

However, what I really wanted to address in this topic is the release of C'thun gear just 1 week early which in no way negates the 9 months of AQ farm by these 2 guilds (as otherwise proclaimed by Mograine). They will still have bis gear for every single member as naxx is released lol. This would just allow newer players to get C'thun gear one week early (the broader part of the population will in no way have time enough to get all bis pieces, but it would most likely reinvigorate the wpvp scene and give a window of opportunity to catch up before new content is released - something which hopefully will boost competition both on pvp and pve scenes).

There are also arguments that drops in world are free gear. This is obviously not true as it is HIGH RISK, meaning someone can gank you and take your shit. Also you often have to farm a long time to get a drop that is actually worth anything - as things currently are, even if you get a crow's cache you can expect to earn around 50g.

Edit: also, what fun is a game if there is no competition in it?

It doesn't take long to get all the gear you want from world drops if you have a dedicated team farming them.  and I'm not defending anything just saying that most ls players whine about gear inequality while doing little to no effort in getting the gear outside farming gold and buying it. Raids aren't hard on ascension if you really want the gear go raid spend a few hours a week doing them rather then whine on the forums how it's unfair and unbalanced ect ect.

O no someone can gank you and lose you gear. just bubble hearth mate, their are so many ways to escape a pvp fight if you really wanted too, all your saying are excuses.

5 minutes ago, SirGank said:

O no someone can gank you and lose you gear. just bubble hearth mate, their are so many ways to escape a pvp fight if you really wanted too, all your saying are excuses.

Hahahahahahahahaha bubble hearth to escape PvP, ever heard of mass dispel or shattering throw?

Please tell me more ways to 'escape pvp' next you'll say vanish pepega

Just now, Tekkies said:

Hahahahahahahahaha bubble hearth to escape PvP, ever heard of mass dispel or shattering throw?

bait the shattering throw, use sprint, vanish, stun them  bait their bubble then stun again.  use iron grenades.  their are so many ways to escape. you don't need re's to farm make a build for escapeing pvp if you don't like to get ganked. ya I know I said vanish, if you build it right and re it it's not bad.

Just now, Tekkies said:

also using twitch memes outside of twitch, yikes.

2 minutes ago, SirGank said:

bait the shattering throw

How do you 'bait' a shattering throw?

Vanish is terrible against literally any AoE and only gives you 20 seconds, in which you can't mount, so if the other person just runs around on mount you can never escape.

Iron grenades = Blink, HoF and whatever else people also use.

You just want to make a point about PvP being easy when you have no idea.

Just now, Tekkies said:

How do you 'bait' a shattering throw?

Vanish is terrible against literally any AoE and only gives you 20 seconds, in which you can't mount, so if the other person just runs around on mount you can never escape.

Iron grenades = Blink, HoF and whatever else people also use.

You just want to make a point about PvP being easy when you have no idea.

Bait it by being a good player, use abilitys that look like bubble make them think it's bubble ect.

Use vanish as a escape toolrather then stealth, get the re that makes you go faster when you vanish get out of range then mount up.

that's why you use other stuns along it, it's called baiting the enemy. like it's not hard you have more stuns in the game then stun counters.

shattering throw also has a channel use a stun when they do it makes them waste it.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, SirGank said:

Bait it by being a good player, use abilitys that look like bubble make them think it's bubble ect.

Use vanish as a escape toolrather then stealth, get the re that makes you go faster when you vanish get out of range then mount up.

that's why you use other stuns along it, it's called baiting the enemy. like it's not hard you have more stuns in the game then stun counters.

shattering throw also has a channel use a stun when they do it makes them waste it.

Use abilities that 'look like bubble' are you joking me hahahahaha

Oh yes a 40% speed boost but you're already at -30% because of vanish. Good idea.

There's also this thing called diminishing returns if you've heard of it before lol.

Also if you spent time stunning instead of hearth stoning you wouldn't be able to cast a full hearthstone so yeah nice idea. Your bubble hearth meme is already dead and you literally just said it was an easy way to escape.

Seems to me like you're playing against absolute garbage if they can't tell the difference between bubble and some other spell, or if they don't AoE instantly on your vanish 

Edited by Tekkies

Just now, Tekkies said:

Use abilities that 'look like bubble' are you joking me hahahahaha

Oh yes a 40% speed boost but you're already at -30% because of vanish. Good idea.

There's also this thing called diminishing returns if you've heard of it before lol.

Also if you spent time stunning instead of hearth stoning you wouldn't be able to cast a full hearthstone so yeah nice idea. Your bubble hearth meme is already dead and you literally just said it was an easy way to escape.

Ya why not it's called baiting, I've done it many times on ls the amount of people using shattering throw the second they think it's a bubble and wasting it is pretty high.

use camouflage and persuit of justice should put you above 100%

ya and your trying to escape not fight them, if you their long enough that Dm is taking effect then your failed at running away.

you don't use stuns while your bubbled mate unless your dumb.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, SirGank said:

you don't use stuns while your bubbled mate unless your dumb.

You just said to do that, you said stun their shattering throw???

And ok so now every build should take camouflage ofc big brain kappa.

DR literally takes place after the first time you get CC'd what do you mean if it's 'taking effect' you failed at running away?

Just admit you're clueless honestly it's embarrassing 

How does it feel to be talked to the same way you talk to others? :)

Edited by Tekkies

Just now, Tekkies said:

You just said to do that, you said stun their shattering throw???

And ok so now every build should take camouflage ofc big brain kappa.

DR literally takes place after the first time you get CC'd what do you mean if it's 'taking effect' you failed at running away?

Just admit you're clueless honestly it's embarrassing 

No I didn't I said bait it, use stuns then vanish away, they'll have to blink and by that time you'll be far enough away that it will be harder for them to tell which way to go.

Lol man your really bad at reading, like I said if your goal is to farm mobs then ya use camouflage you don't need all 51 talents to farm mobs.

you only need to stun once, make them waste a gcd clearing it away while you run away. ezpz. I mean that if your still near them while they got rid of the stun then your failed.

your trying so hard but all your replyed are dumb as hell. why wouldn't you use camo when farming mobs. how hard is it to stun, disengage, vanish with speed boost then bait and run a different way find somewhere safe and hearth out.

Done it many times on ls never has it failed me.