Tekkies

Bridging the gap for new players. (High Risk)

Posted (edited)

I was thinking to aid new players, what if upon dinging 60 they were given a set of T1 (of their choosing) that is irreparable and unable to drop on death. 

My reasoning is that when new players progress, due to the item level restriction it's pretty hard! 

Most T1 pieces are in the 10-50gold range these days, with one or two expensive MC items, this makes it really hard to progress onwards from fresh 60 - to transitioning into BWL gear and so on as they have somewhat maintained their value in the 300-400g range a piece.

I think this would massively help new players as it would give them a nice boost to their item level, and allow them to instantly begin their progression, rather than having to find high ilvl blues, which they then have to use to get MC gear, then they have to transition into BWL and so on.

The cons are that this will probably devalue MC gear, but players will still need the odd piece of a different set, so hopefully that should maintain some value to the pieces.

I think the pros are that it will help bridge the gap between those who are already geared and new starters, and will give new players more of a fighting chance to begin their adventures!

Edit: clarified that this idea is for LS / High Risk

Edited by Tekkies

Few months ago i addressed that in a veeeeery detailed post and asked for some MINOR tweaks to get new player into the game.

Sadly, none of this happen : /

Posted (edited)
On 7/18/2019 at 10:51 AM, Vedartha said:

Few months ago i addressed that in a veeeeery detailed post and asked for some MINOR tweaks to get new player into the game.

Sadly, none of this happen : /

I'm unsure about how to make changes like this for Andorhal, seen as I'm only a high risk player but I'm hoping to see a change in the way new players can develop on the server, currently I feel as though they're stuck in MC gear for all eternity.

Edit: ON LAUGHING SKULL

Edited by Tekkies

Posted (edited)
On 7/18/2019 at 5:06 AM, Tekkies said:

I'm unsure about how to make changes like this for Andorhal, seen as I'm only a high risk player but I'm hoping to see a change in the way new players can develop on the server, currently I feel as though they're stuck in MC gear for all eternity.

Not really a lot of new players on andorhal do dailies and have bwl level gear with in a few weeks or so.  it's definitely enough for them to start raiding with and that's the goal that dailies should be. I don't believe that there should be a quick and easy catch up mechanic that allows new players to get the same level of power as veterns of the game within a few weeks-months as it devalues and sense of character progression which happens to be a major problem right now on retail wow. technically you can do all raids and even probably naxx in bwl gear as long as you make a competent build and have good reaction/ mechanical skill.

also to answer you post, no I don't think new players need hand outs. I've managed to level new characters and do 2-3k dps with pre raid bis. that's more then enough to do bwl and some bosses on aqt. The new players have the power they just don't want to bother gearing them selves and want handout which is nothing more then their own lazy faults.

Edited by SirGank

You already can buy gear off AH, and you ask for more free loot? Andorhal players don't have a start problem, there are even 3-4 MC PuGs a week for them to get geared where nobody wants any loot. 

I feel like you haven't even attempted to read my argument. It's not about free loot and it's not a competition against Andorhal whatsoever, so I don't see why you'd bring them into it? 

Currently in High Risk the value of MC gear is so low it makes it VERY hard for players to progress onwards, because they lack the ilvl in the first place. With the release of AQ and Naxx, new players are even further behind than ever and stand absolutely no chance vs AQ geared players. That's why I suggested this, so they have a little bit of an extra helping hand to begin with.

Andorhal doesn't need a helping hand as you don't loose your progression on death.

2 hours ago, SirGank said:

Not really a lot of new players on andorhal do dailies and have bwl level gear with in a few weeks or so.  it's definitely enough for them to start raiding with and that's the goal that dailies should be. I don't believe that there should be a quick and easy catch up mechanic that allows new players to get the same level of power as veterns of the game within a few weeks-months as it devalues and sense of character progression which happens to be a major problem right now on retail wow. technically you can do all raids and even probably naxx in bwl gear as long as you make a competent build and have good reaction/ mechanical skill.

Yeah, I mean I may have worded this incorrectly but, I do not intend for any of these changes to be applied to Andorhal. Hence why I said this is for high risk only.

I only mentioned Andorhal because someone else did first. I have no intention whatsoever of making changes to Andorhal.

2 hours ago, Tekkies said:

I feel like you haven't even attempted to read my argument. It's not about free loot and it's not a competition against Andorhal whatsoever, so I don't see why you'd bring them into it? 

Currently in High Risk the value of MC gear is so low it makes it VERY hard for players to progress onwards, because they lack the ilvl in the first place. With the release of AQ and Naxx, new players are even further behind than ever and stand absolutely no chance vs AQ geared players. That's why I suggested this, so they have a little bit of an extra helping hand to begin with.

Andorhal doesn't need a helping hand as you don't loose your progression on death.

Look I'm sorry to say this but this sounds more like a problem with bad players then gear related. It's pretty well known that re's are what make builds not gear, and for 99% of builds you can get decent to strong versions of the re's just from rolling. mc/zg/ony gear are still good not sure why you think they're bad. doesn't matter if aqt gear is better then mc you can clear all raids with mc/ony/zg/and some bwl gear. Hell when aqt came out players had to clear it with a mixture of mc/zg/ony/bwl gear and that content was at least twice as hard as it is now.

so in all honestly there really is no barrier for players to clear aqt  in ls other then their own lack of skill.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SirGank said:

so in all honestly there really is no barrier for players to clear aqt  in ls other then their own lack of skill.

What are you talking about? 

This isn't a case of raiding it's WPvP. And the GEAR DIFFERENCE is affecting new players when it comes to WPvP. I have not mentioned raiding at any single point nor have I ever said this would help new players TO RAID.

I feel like there's a reason every high risk discussion becomes Andorhal Vs Laughing Skull and it's because you come in trying to portray yourself as the Alpha male, and that LS players are "unskilled" when you have no idea whatsoever about the discussion I'm trying to have. I couldn't care less about raiding, the new players on Laughing Skull get slapped over and over in MC gear, and in the blues they use to farm MC gear, making it an endless spiral of death and not allowing them to progress into the next gear set.

Edited by Tekkies

1 hour ago, SirGank said:

It's pretty well known that re's are what make builds not gear, and for 99% of builds you can get decent to strong versions of the re's just from rolling. mc/zg/ony gear are still good not sure why you think they're bad

Also please stop putting words in my mouth? I never said they are bad, I just said players in High Risk get stuck in MC gear because it doesn't sell for any value, and BWL gear is expensive, around 10x the price of most MC drops.

Posted (edited)

to be fair, new andorhal player have the same problem if they dont do FLs they woudnt get BWL gear without a raiding group.

Edited by Vedartha

4 hours ago, Tekkies said:

What are you talking about? 

This isn't a case of raiding it's WPvP. And the GEAR DIFFERENCE is affecting new players when it comes to WPvP. I have not mentioned raiding at any single point nor have I ever said this would help new players TO RAID.

I feel like there's a reason every high risk discussion becomes Andorhal Vs Laughing Skull and it's because you come in trying to portray yourself as the Alpha male, and that LS players are "unskilled" when you have no idea whatsoever about the discussion I'm trying to have. I couldn't care less about raiding, the new players on Laughing Skull get slapped over and over in MC gear, and in the blues they use to farm MC gear, making it an endless spiral of death and not allowing them to progress into the next gear set.

There's a solution to your problem, go raid, but you don't want to do that so instead your just complaining about your problem of not having the best gear because. and instead of fixing that problem like going out to raid and getting that gear just like everyone who has the gear on ls does. you want to complain on the forums.

4 hours ago, Tekkies said:

Also please stop putting words in my mouth? I never said they are bad, I just said players in High Risk get stuck in MC gear because it doesn't sell for any value, and BWL gear is expensive, around 10x the price of most MC drops.

Then go do bwl instead of buying it what exactly is the problem here, you can't spare a hour or so a week to do bwl and get the gear?

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, SirGank said:

There's a solution to your problem, go raid, but you don't want to do that so instead your just complaining about your problem of not having the best gear because. and instead of fixing that problem like going out to raid and getting that gear just like everyone who has the gear on ls does. you want to complain on the forums.

I said this to help new players, not myself, I'm already fully geared with AQ sets, over 20,000 gold and have been playing since Sarg. 

This is again BRIDGING THE GAP FOR NEW PLAYERS.

There is absolutely no need to turn this forum post into a personal attack where you call me out for 'complaining'. 

If you don't agree with a forum post, put the reasons why and say "I don't agree." That's literally all it takes, instead you lower the tone to 'bad players' and 'lack of skill'

Edited by Tekkies

Just now, Tekkies said:

I said this to help new players, not myself, I'm already fully geared for AQ and have been playing since Sarg. 

This is again BRIDGING THE GAP FOR NEW PLAYERS.

Right, so it only takes a few months on ls at most to get decent to good geared if you join a good guild. there literately isn't a real problem other then people being to lazy to put the effort into getting the gear

1 minute ago, SirGank said:

Right, so it only takes a few months on ls at most to get decent to good geared if you join a good guild. there literately isn't a real problem other then people being to lazy to put the effort into getting the gear

I'm not going to carry on this pathetic argument with you, like I said, if you don't agree just say that.

Just now, Tekkies said:

I'm not going to carry on this pathetic argument with you, like I said, if you don't agree just say that.

exactly, can't defend your point because there isn't anything to defend, andorhal doesn't even really have this problem of gearing new players and you guys by FAR have a easier time gearing players.

also nice job downvoting because you don't agree with my classic ls player tactic .

also nice job downvoting because you don't agree with my classic ls player tactic .

I'm sorry you don't agree with my perspective. But this is exactly why I downvoted you 'classic ls player tactic' yikes.

And I don't want to carry on arguing against you because you make everything you say a personal attack on Laughing skull players, being too lazy or having 0 skill. It's pathetic as I said.

Just now, Tekkies said:

I'm sorry you don't agree with my perspective. But this is exactly why I downvoted you 'classic ls player tactic' yikes.

And I don't want to carry on arguing against you because you make everything you say a personal attack on Laughing skull players, being too lazy or having 0 skill. It's pathetic as I said.

Just calling it how I see it, you whine about gear inequallity yet do nothing except just sit there whineing about it. but i'm sure in a few days there's gonna be another thread talking about how it's totally unfair that raiders in ls have better gear then new players and that they should make pvp more balanced.

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, SirGank said:

Just calling it how I see it, you whine about gear inequallity yet do nothing except just sit there whineing about it. but i'm sure in a few days there's gonna be another thread talking about how it's totally unfair that raiders in ls have better gear then new players and that they should make pvp more balanced.

How am I whining? I'm merely making a suggestion as a quality of life change for new players?

And this was never about 'gear inequality' it was about helping new players progress smoothly into the server, because the server has progressed so far.

Edited by Tekkies

Just now, Tekkies said:

How am I whining? I'm merely making a suggestion as a quality of life change for new players?

because your asking for free loot while ls has already tons of ways to gain gear quickly.  next you'll say we should just add venders that sell the gear sense it's a "world pvp" server and that raiding should be removed.

because your asking for free loot while ls has already tons of ways to gain gear quickly.  next you'll say we should just add venders that sell the gear sense it's a "world pvp" server and that raiding should be removed.

Not asking for 'free loot' at all, I suggested a free set of irreparable and unsellable tier one. 

I never said that there aren't ways to gain gear quickly on Laughing Skull, I just said that it's hard at the moment for new players to progress from Blues into MC gear and then into BWL.

And I would never suggest anything like that, the whole reason you are here is to try and belittle me on the forums, and attempt to embarrass me but you're frantically looking for new things to say, putting words in my mouth multiple times. 

Like I said it's only a suggestion, if you don't like it feel free to leave.

Just now, Tekkies said:

Not asking for 'free loot' at all, I suggested a free set of irreparable and unsellable tier one. 

I never said that there aren't ways to gain gear quickly on Laughing Skull, I just said that it's hard at the moment for new players to progress from Blues into MC gear and then into BWL.

And I would never suggest anything like that, the whole reason you are here is to try and belittle me on the forums, and attempt to embarrass me but you're frantically looking for new things to say, putting words in my mouth multiple times. 

Like I said it's only a suggestion, if you don't like it feel free to leave.

How exactly is it hard when you have like 4 daily quests that give you a chance to get mc-bwl gear. this isn't even a problem on andorhal so how could it possibly be a problem on a server that has an even easier time gearing.

no your not that important that I care about belittleing you or embarrassing you. I'm just pointing out that none of what your saying is true. there isn't a problem with gearing new players you have Soooo many options to choose from. you said it your self

On 7/18/2019 at 4:43 AM, Tekkies said:

Most T1 pieces are in the 10-50gold range these days

that means at most is going to cost you 80-450 gold to get a full set of tier one, why do you need a free set when it's so cheap to buy a full set.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, SirGank said:

How exactly is it hard when you have like 4 daily quests that give you a chance to get mc-bwl gear. this isn't even a problem on andorhal so how could it possibly be a problem on a server that has an even easier time gearing.

Sigh... As I have mentioned before, you cannot lose your progress on Andorhal when you die. As I also mentioned before new players REPEATEDLY die to players in more gear and more established builds. Sure they might get 2-3 epics a day, but they probably also lose 2-3 a day too.

I'm not going to carry on babying you and explaining every single point. You clearly don't understand Laughing Skull as much as you claim.

no your not that important

Belittling...

that means at most is going to cost you 80-450 gold to get a full set of tier one, why do you need a free set when it's so cheap to buy a full set.

Because it wouldn't drop on death, or be repairable, as stated before. Sort of like the starter gear that comes with the instant level 60.

It'd give new players a fighting chance, rather than saving up for MC gear, dying once then going back to farming in blues because they're too scared to lose items.

Edited by Tekkies

Posted (edited)
Just now, Tekkies said:

Sigh... As I have mentioned before, you cannot lose your progress on Andorhal when you die. As I also mentioned before new players REPEATEDLY die to players in more gear and more established builds. Sure they might get 2-3 epics a day, but they probably also lose 2-3 a day too.

So? that's the whole point of high risk, if you don't like it don't play it lol, holy god.

Just now, Tekkies said:

Belittling...

yep that time I did.

Just now, Tekkies said:

Because it wouldn't drop on death, or be repairable, as stated before. Sort of like the starter gear that comes with the instant level 60.

yikes major yikes, so basicly you want to play on a high risk server but with out any possible risk involved on the player. Holy shit bro  major carebear here not wanting to lose there o so precious tier1

Edited by SirGank