fourseven

game will not launch properly

i have re downloaded the launcher and had no luck it always errors at 99.81% and gives the error Ascension Official Website.URL file_open (D:\Ascension.exe) error: Access is denied 

i also tried manually downloading the files thinking this would be easier so after downloading via tixativ2.61 i downloaded patch-a inserted it into the data folder, downloaded the ascension.exe but found out it was already in the torrent file so i deleted it and added the one i got off the website and inserted it into the folder. 

i tried to launch and no matter what i do or change (deleting cache etc.) the game always opens as a normal wotlk game client not the ascension wow client 

need help asap really frustrating!

So did you deleted the regular exe ? cant follow rearly.  You should be able to use anny WOTLK client - download exe - download patch a - place them where they belong (Patch A - Data, Exe same as regular Exe).

If you allready did that, may check your WTF Folder - Open the Config.wtf with anny reader (using Notepad) - check second line "realm list" make sure its set to:

SET realmList "54.38.44.99"

If that wasnt the case also Check line 23 "realm name" and set it to:

SET realmName "Andorhal - No-Risk"

If that wasnt helpfull may leave a Screenshot of your folder both GameClient and Data.