Sign in to follow this  
Pulsefire

Talent Essences and Achievements

I think it would be cool if players were capable of earning extra talent essences at level 60 for completing certain achievements. This would of course only be on significant achievements that require time and effort. For example, major achievements like a world first achievement or a rank 1 arena achievement could reward 2 TE. Meanwhile achievements that are worth noting but not super significant like say a heroic raid clear achievement or any arena achievement for 2000 CR or higher could award 1 TE each. That would mean you could potentially get 4 TE if you were good enough at PVP that you achieved 2000, 2200, 2400, and 2700 CR in an arena season. 

I think this would create an incentive for players to experience other content or just do different content than they normally would in order to make their character as strong as possible while also opening up more build diversity. DC Universe Online has (or had, haven't touched it in a while) a system just like this where in order to min/max your character you had to do achievements to get all of your talent points, although their system was a bit more generous with handing out talent points as i remember being able to get them from achievements that were tied to completing certain daily quests just once.

9 minutes ago, Pulsefire said:

Meanwhile achievements that are worth noting but not super significant like say a heroic raid clear achievement or any arena achievement for 2000 CR or higher could award 1 TE each. That would mean you could potentially get 4 TE if you were good enough at PVP that you achieved 2000, 2200, 2400, and 2700 CR in an arena season

It's a cool idea but extra talents are just too strong.

Sorry it's a -1 from me.

Posted (edited)

Thats not a good Idea at all lol. Would mean an unfair advantage for everyone who plays well in pvp in ... everything pvp, pve ... would be better than to sell etra TE on the shop and than we are on a pay to win server.

Edited by Vedartha

5 hours ago, Pulsefire said:

I think it would be cool if players were capable of earning extra talent essences at level 60 for completing certain achievements. This would of course only be on significant achievements that require time and effort. For example, major achievements like a world first achievement or a rank 1 arena achievement could reward 2 TE. Meanwhile achievements that are worth noting but not super significant like say a heroic raid clear achievement or any arena achievement for 2000 CR or higher could award 1 TE each. That would mean you could potentially get 4 TE if you were good enough at PVP that you achieved 2000, 2200, 2400, and 2700 CR in an arena season. 

I think this would create an incentive for players to experience other content or just do different content than they normally would in order to make their character as strong as possible while also opening up more build diversity. DC Universe Online has (or had, haven't touched it in a while) a system just like this where in order to min/max your character you had to do achievements to get all of your talent points, although their system was a bit more generous with handing out talent points as i remember being able to get them from achievements that were tied to completing certain daily quests just once.

This would create a massive unbalanced issue, players that are already the best at pvp now have even a bigger gap between them and lower skilled or geared players making almost impossibe to fight them on a even playing field. This is a terrible idea and one that should never ever be added to ascension.