Tekkies

The way High Risk world loot works...

Posted this in veteran suggestions but I'd also like to post it here:

I've been thinking about the way High Risk raid drops works. For example, we don't have access to C'thun loots unless we are raiding.

My idea was that perhaps raid loot can be added one boss at a time for people who don't want to raid.

Perhaps the first week is the first boss,

2nd week is the second boss 

And so on...

This would hopefully help those who are choosing to raid feel like they aren't wasting their time. (because they'd have a chance to progress quicker if they can pass the first boss in a week) 

And it would also give all the High Risk players a chance of being on an even playing field when it comes to acquiring loot from the last however many bosses.

I also feel like it would help to maintain players, because from my own experience when a new raid is released, people grind and grind for the first few weeks and slowly fall off as the gear that is obtainable in world is quickly obtained.

I feel like currently, it really isn't fair that we will always be a tier behind of those who are raiding, or at least 2/5 pieces are unobtainable until the release of Naxxramas. (afaik) I feel like it gives large and well established guilds a monopoly of the market when it comes to those specific items, and that is not necessarily a problem as such, but a large inconvenience for the players who cannot afford those items or are unsure of how to even obtain those items.

I'm open to any ideas and criticism people may have on this concept, perhaps the timeframe is too short or too long(?) Either way I'd love to hear what the community thinks of this

If you get rid of this delay then you remove the biggest incentive to even raid in the first place on the server (second or equal is the progression of the server maybe)

I know people want full equality of chances but no one said you can't play more , learn more of the raid mechanics , join those guilds and be part of the raiding team. Voila! You in reality have equal chances already!

You just want it easier to do this but believe me, you will get bored faster this way without hard work. Rewards without striving for them gives no accomplishment.

3 hours ago, ManeaGeo said:

You just want it easier to do this but believe me, you will get bored faster this way without hard work. Rewards without striving for them gives no accomplishment.

I think you misunderstood my point.

As I stated beforehand, all the items historically have dropped straight away. When ZG was released we could find all the same pieces as raiders straight away, it was the same with BWL except for Nef and AQ except for the items from the last two bosses.

I would like to add a time-gate to when the items would drop in world.

When AQ released we could instantly find T2.5 pieces, I myself found 6 in the first day it was released, and that sort of made it stale for me because I no longer had a real reason to farm for anything.

By adding a time-gate the items would very gradually be released, and the top guilds would have cleared the content WAY before it would drop in world.

Naxx has 15 bosses, so it would in total take 15 weeks (just an example if it was a 1 week time gate) for high risk players to be able to find the same loot as those who have already cleared the raid.

I don't think this would in any way harm those top guilds, I actually think it would still keep them ahead, and give more of a reason to stay high risk for a longer time for those who don't have an interest in raiding.

Figures, my apologies, I got it backwards. I would be fine in increasing the delay because not even in Andorhal those items would be looted that fast, plus that might be another reason LS has less population active because people get bored from having it all pretty early.

+1 to Author idea

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ManeaGeo said:

Figures, my apologies, I got it backwards. I would be fine in increasing the delay because not even in Andorhal those items would be looted that fast, plus that might be another reason LS has less population active because people get bored from having it all pretty early.

+1 to Author idea

No problem at all, to be honest I might have poorly worded this but I really appreciate your comments. It'll also help clear up any potential misunderstanding.

Thanks for contributing.

Edited by Tekkies

On 7/17/2019 at 12:16 PM, Tekkies said:

Posted this in veteran suggestions but I'd also like to post it here:

I've been thinking about the way High Risk raid drops works. For example, we don't have access to C'thun loots unless we are raiding.

My idea was that perhaps raid loot can be added one boss at a time for people who don't want to raid.

Perhaps the first week is the first boss,

2nd week is the second boss 

And so on...

This would hopefully help those who are choosing to raid feel like they aren't wasting their time. (because they'd have a chance to progress quicker if they can pass the first boss in a week) 

And it would also give all the High Risk players a chance of being on an even playing field when it comes to acquiring loot from the last however many bosses.

I also feel like it would help to maintain players, because from my own experience when a new raid is released, people grind and grind for the first few weeks and slowly fall off as the gear that is obtainable in world is quickly obtained.

I feel like currently, it really isn't fair that we will always be a tier behind of those who are raiding, or at least 2/5 pieces are unobtainable until the release of Naxxramas. (afaik) I feel like it gives large and well established guilds a monopoly of the market when it comes to those specific items, and that is not necessarily a problem as such, but a large inconvenience for the players who cannot afford those items or are unsure of how to even obtain those items.

I'm open to any ideas and criticism people may have on this concept, perhaps the timeframe is too short or too long(?) Either way I'd love to hear what the community thinks of this

Honestly, this isn't a bad idea overall, it would definitely increase the high risk population (which should probably be the case since it's a high risk realm), because it would make players stick around for longer and give them a purpose to go out in world as high-risk knowing that they can obtain some of the best & latest gear if they wait until it can drop in world (which would probably be couple weeks after the certain bosses / wings were cleared) from both NPC's and events, before the release of new content (ex: Nef gear was only added in world after AQ release), which takes quite a lot of time. 

This change would slow down the fast gearing at the launch of new content (since most of the gear was obtainable up to the last few bosses/last boss in world) and it would balance the difference in gear towards the end after the raid has been cleared and both PvE and PvP would be rewarded equally.

37 minutes ago, WutFace said:

This change would slow down the fast gearing at the launch of new content (since most of the gear was obtainable up to the last few bosses/last boss in world) and it would balance the difference in gear towards the end after the raid has been cleared and both PvE and PvP would be rewarded equally.

I definitely agree. I definitely think this could bring a step in the right direction for High Risk progression.