Sign in to follow this  
Nazrat

Suggestion for balance in pvp

Remove current resilience system and add resilience to pvp items only. Reason - pve gear is currently better for pvp than pvp gear. PVP gear is not a set rewarded for time spent in pvp, to make you better at pvp, its simply a budget raiding set that you can farm without raiding. And this makes me sad.

for melee pvp sets, add expertise. Reason - tanks / sustain tanky healers are way too strong at the moment. Having 400 resilience + tank gear in pvp makes it impossible to do any damage to someone.

Nerf healing and smite / penance damage in pvp. Reason - I get complained at for hitting people with a 1.2k mortal strike 😕meanwhile smite spammers can land 7k damage with a single penance, with 3-4k smite crits. Also, healing vastly outnumbers damage. I seldom see damagers go over 200k in a single BG, but for a decent healer this number is common. I always thought that if damage is going to be reduced so much for PVP, then why not healing? Healing goes untouched. It's balanced around keeping people alive against raid bosses, so in pvp those 6k crit heals are really too much when the majority of people do a fraction of that healing in damage.

Nerf defensive abilities. Reason - you can simply hide behind a series of these defensive cooldowns and during, DOT / pet damage does damage. It should be glaringly obvious that this would be popular because of its OP nature in this server's inception. The abilities clearly state that you are unable to do certain things while using the defensive abilities, but this doesn't take into account the classless system at all, meaning you can riddle someone with dots and then use deterrence, or ice block, and while you are untouchable your enemies are taking full damage from pets and dots.

I would suggest that the nature of them be changed. Deterrence granting only a 50% chance to parry attacks. Dispersion reducing damage by less. Ice block duration reduced. And damage caused by you while using any of these abilities reduced by 50% (like bubble).

I think if this happens then we would see far less full raid geared people running around bullying everyone in PVP, the experience would feel much more balanced as everyone who was serious about competing would be using the same sets of gear as a baseline for being competent in PVP. We might see some close fights between melee PVP geared people and full raid geared tanks with expertise on the gear, instead of the full PVP geared melee being unable to take the tank below 90% HP. And on top of this, we might actually see a WSG that isn't a case of one dude with a broken FC build autowinning for whatever team he's splodged onto because no one can kill him, while 4 shadow priests run around midfield spamming defensive abilities. The PVP experience would be far less degrading aswell, without these FC builds shrugging off attacks like you're just a monkey trying to attack an elephant with a stick.

Thank you for reading

Posted (edited)

Nerfing everything doesn't make PvP better or more balanced, it just makes it slower.

You have the same opinion as every other uninformed person, "nerf flavour of the month spec" and "nerf defensives" whist actually providing no insight into how this will improve PvP.

On 7/16/2019 at 4:09 AM, Nazrat said:

I always thought that if damage is going to be reduced so much for PVP, then why not healing? Healing goes untouched. It's balanced around keeping people alive against raid bosses, so in pvp those 6k crit heals are really too much when the majority of people do a fraction of that healing in damage.

Healers always outheal the damage because heals are so much easier to apply, and can be applied to multiple people.

As a DPS player you often focus all your damage on one target, whilst a healer should realistically be healing every single member of the BG or at least all those in range, this means the healing should theoretically always be 4-5 (even higher in some cases) times higher than the damage.

Nerf defensive abilities. Reason - you can simply hide behind a series of these defensive cooldowns and during, DOT / pet damage does damage

Dots can be disspelled, UA can be sniped using felhunter dispel and also can be interrupted, this makes their rotation awkward. Most defensive abilities can also be dispelled, mass dispel and shattering throw for ice block for example.

pve gear is currently better for pvp than pvp gear. PVP gear is not a set rewarded for time spent in pvp, to make you better at pvp, its simply a budget raiding set that you can farm without raiding. And this makes me sad.

This is not necessarily true, PvP gear is really good, it has really great stats and is relatively strong, there are some stronger alternatives but this is dependent on the build you are playing.

I'm afraid I do not agree with your ideas whatsoever.  -1

Edited by Tekkies

On 7/15/2019 at 10:09 PM, Nazrat said:

meanwhile smite spammers can land 7k damage with a single penance, with 3-4k smite crits. Also, healing vastly outnumbers damage.

maybe try using some  defensive talents, just because holy doesn't have a resistance doesn't mean you can't reduce it's damage, also use abilitys that increase their cast time or interrupt them.

well ya healings always going to out heal one persons damage, that's why you focus the healer as a team and use interrupts.

I always thought that if damage is going to be reduced so much for PVP, then why not healing?

What are you going to do add a modifier that reduces healing done to a player. see how dumb that sounds. you can't add pvp modifiers to healers as healers only ever heal players.

Nerf defensive abilities. Reason - you can simply hide behind a series of these defensive cooldowns and during,

Ya that's what happens when you allow people to pick any choose any ability/talent. nerfing defensives will do little to help against that in pvp and do massive nerfs to tanks in pve. not a good idea.

Deterrence granting only a 50% chance to parry attacks. Dispersion reducing damage by less. Ice block duration reduced. And damage caused by you while using any of these abilities reduced by 50% (like bubble).

Why would damage matter when you can't even attack when using these abilitys.

I think if this happens then we would see far less full raid geared people running around bullying everyone in PVP

no you won't they'll still "bully" you because it's not as simiple as nerfing a few ability, they'll just be a new meta that will kick your ass.

the experience would feel much more balanced as everyone who was serious about competing would be using the same sets of gear as a baseline for being competent in PVP.

This is a fucking terrible idea, one that was more or less added into retail and was considered one of the most hated chagned to pvp. Wow pvp isn't about balance it's about out gearing the person who plays less then you so you can kick their ass in pvp. if you want balanced pvp go play a game focused on pvp which wow is not.

we might actually see a WSG that isn't a case of one dude with a broken FC build autowinning for whatever team he's splodged onto because no one can kill him,

Lol no you won't they'll just be a new meta like their is every time.

faster you realize that pvp is not going to be balanced in ascension the better. you can't possibly balance ascension wow with out making everything play the same and homoginize every build so everything feels the same and no one has a clear advantage.