rtsands45

Herm's PVE melee build

Posted (edited)

Now that you may or may not have used my previous bg/grinding build to gather some cash lets spend it.  This build was inspired by assassin rogues of WOTLK combined with combat rogues.   With as little as 74 itemlevel you can post 3k dps.

Melee breakpoints

- you will aim for as much hit as you can gather as poisons require spell hit cap.  assuming someone is using improved faerie fire on the boss you will need 14% spell hit or 112 hit rating.

-melee hit is also very important dual wielding gives a 25% miss penalty. i would recommend at least 180 hit rating to make sure your poisons are able to proc because you can't proc on a miss. I am at 210 hit rating.

-You will need 26/26 expertise in your character sheet.  Bosses have an inherent 6.5% dodge chance.  Dodges make zero dps.  Also, attack everything from behind or u will get parried.

-Slow weapons benefit the most from haste buffs.  Faster weapons swings lead to more poison applications, more rage generation, talent procs, and more weapon procs.  currently post 1.4 attack speed self buffed.

- overall more hit is better but min is 112 

Gearing  ***denotes my current gear set

helmet      Bloodfang
                 lionheart***
                 Deathdealer's
neck         prestor's Talisman***
shoulder    Deathdealer's
                  field marshals warrior PVP***
                  mantle of wicked revenge
cloak        cloak of concentrated hatred***
chest        Deathdealer's
                 Bloodfang***
wrist         Quiraji Execution bracers***
gloves      aged core leather gloves***
belt          Bloodfang
                onslaught girdle***
pants       Deathdealer's
                marshal's warr
                Bloodfang
                General's rogue PVP***
boots       Deathdealer's
               chromatic boots
               boots of the shadow flame***
ring         signet of the bronze dragon***
ring         band of accuria***
trinket     drakefang talisman***
trinket     darkmoon card maelstrom/blackhand's breath***
MH         Deathbringer***
OH          Deathbringer***
Ranged    striker's mark***

Enchants

Helm/Leg -ZG hunter 
Shoulder- AP
Gloves  - haste
Chest - Stats
Wrist - Strength
Boots - Agility
Weapons -15 agi

MH- instant poison

OH- deadly poison

Random Enchants

2x Holy strength     
3x sudden death 
1x a quick death                  25% melee haste
1x survival of the fittest       2% stats
1x one handed weap spec   2% inc ALL dmg purple one
1x cut to the chase              renew snd
1x divine str                         3% str
1x crusade                           2% phys dmg 1% all
1x deadliness                       2% atack power
2x weapon expertise           8 expertise(u may need a 3rd one but im orc so only need 2x)

3x improved poisons

Build Code

:5171:100:1126:8512:6552:1680:20252:2458:1856:5308:6673:2842:78:8936:1953:66842:965200:5384:2098:1490:13161:20217:8075:2071t1:268t5:2185t3:602t3:662t2:1362t3:682t3:1481t1:2074t2:2078t1:827t1:1659t1:1645t3:165t1:1702t3:1703t2:1709t1:2250t3:1662t3:1755t3:1827t2:121t3:681t1:

currently changed to battle stance from berserker stance.  Under 30% crit use zerker above 30% use battle stance.

Pet

Wolf

Rotation

Always keep up your Hunger for blood buff 1x a minute is not much to ask for.  Much like a Wotlk Assassin rogue you will start a fight by doing a 1 point Slice and Dice followed by hunger for blooding and then a 1 point eviscerate.  Now you will prioritize your Execute procs whenever they are up weaving Hemo in when needed and eviscerating at 5 combo points.  At 20% boss life you will Execute only and Eviscerate only to refresh your Slice and dice.  

Whirlwind is a filler if you have no energy or Execute isn't procced, however if multiple enemies are around i recommend only whirlwinding after a 5 pt Eviscerate as you can drop combo points on your main target because of 1/3 points in Honor among Thieves.

Final Thoughts

This is a basic spec.  If you raid you can get together with other melee so you can optimize your Talent trees.  Picking up improved Windfury totem, Turn the Tables in Assassin rogue, or even getting extra hit rating/expertise if you are missing some  Enlightened judgements Holy pala tree/rogue trees.    I hope this inspired you with your own builds and you can take away some ideas and make this build your own.  Good luck and have fun.

Edited by rtsands45
build code was wrong

5 pts in cruelty when it's a trash talent AND the melee crit doesn't even fully benefit your build;

Wasting 1 AE on call of the elements when u could just... use one more GCD before the boss fight to pur ur totems.

Wasting AE on frost armor for no reason.

No deadliness, no heroic strike (ditch seal of command), no 3/3 deep wounds (Any non-physical melee build that doesn't have this is seriously trolling), no armored to the teeth (ditch imp. zerk stance), no blink, ranged weapon spec is a noob trap since it doesn't boost your melee dmg (yes I fucking know it increases the dmg on ur character sheet but it actually does nothing), grab unbridled wrath for more rage generation (bigger execute dmg, more heroic strikes)

Posted (edited)

oh you are right about the imp zerker stance thought it was still 3% per point not just 2 gonna drop cruelty and test with 3/3 deadliness and deep wounds

I mean i can be greedy and drop the raid buffs that everyone else brings but like i said at the end of my post just a basic spec so i need to proc stuff to test on the target dummies.

Edited by rtsands45

Tested Ranged weapon spec vs no ranged weapon spec and my damage is increased across the board by 5%.  I also tested against hunger for blood and with both.  With just hunger for blood and no ranged weapon spec the damage numbers were very similar and with both hunger for blood and ranged weapon spec there was a further increase.  Also, I tested no hunger and no ranged weapon spec. 

For this test I bought 2 white 2.7 weapons in valley of heroes.  and applied only deadly poison and instant poison so as to not get crusader procs and taint the damage calculations.  Zero buffs were used, no totems and no wolf.  the rotation was just hemo execute and eviscerate with slice and dice up.

So, in conclusion Ranged weapon spec does increase all damage.

Posted (edited)

how often you tested ?

I usely do (for serious testing) 10 x 5 minutes with talent A + 10x 5 minutes with Talent B to get some reliable numbers. Cause ye, Ranged Spec. doesnt increase melee attacks.

Oops forgot: It does increase Sheet damage tho, so me too thinks it is possible, that it increases the damage of annything related to % Weapon Damage (Including auto attacks) like Crusader Strike.

Edited by Vedartha

Posted (edited)

White hits are what I am assuming you are saying it doesnt affect.  If you check recount white hits without using heroic strike are around 23% of the damage.  If you do utilize heroic strike you should have half as many white hits. so 12% of the damage wont be affected.  so roughly 3 pts for a 4.5% dmg increase seems really good.

Edited by rtsands45

Does Ranged Weapon Specialization increase Magical Damage? I didn't do in depth testing, but overall my damage as Hybrid did increase by approximate 5% (Testing is done on Dummies).

On 7/16/2019 at 9:20 AM, mecar said:

5 pts in cruelty when it's a trash talent AND the melee crit doesn't even fully benefit your build;

Wasting 1 AE on call of the elements when u could just... use one more GCD before the boss fight to pur ur totems.

Wasting AE on frost armor for no reason.

No deadliness, no heroic strike (ditch seal of command), no 3/3 deep wounds (Any non-physical melee build that doesn't have this is seriously trolling), no armored to the teeth (ditch imp. zerk stance), no blink, ranged weapon spec is a noob trap since it doesn't boost your melee dmg (yes I fucking know it increases the dmg on ur character sheet but it actually does nothing), grab unbridled wrath for more rage generation (bigger execute dmg, more heroic strikes)

heroic strike doest proc posion not worth for a posion build

When the Elemental Devastation RE gets fixed i will drop the talent.  Giving 3 additional talent points for haste/total damage talents and most likely replace the 15 agi on weapons with the Ele devastation then put crusader enchant from enchanting on my weapons.  Might try mace spec with the Empyrean Destroyer for additional haste which means more poison, bleed, seal of command, and any other procs that are running.