itswicky

Dev Update #78 Naxx sets

With the changes to the rogue set, all the set bonuses look great but in regards to I believe its 6 set (42 dodge rating) this feels like a dead stat. I know sets are subject to change but with the rogue set being specifically for agil melee builds would there be a potential for changing the dodge rating piece set bonus to say like 2% crit?

It got dodge to offer something to Bear Tank. 6. piece sets are supposed to be vanity effects annyway and not to increse damage directly.

Posted (edited)

Actually just realized it was dodge rating instead of a flat 3% dodge, which amounts to only about 1.7% dodge for bear tanks depending on agility currently, and value will be less given naxx gear will have a bit more agility.

Edited by Skray

On 7/15/2019 at 9:09 AM, itswicky said:

Mage

OLD- (2) Reduces cooldown on your Evocation by 1 minute.
(4) Gives your Mage Armor a chance when struck by a harmful spell to increase resistance against that school of magic by 1 for 30 sec.
(6) Your damage spells have a chance to cause your target to take up to 200 increased damage from subsequent spells.
(8) Your damage spells have a chance to displace you, causing the next spell cast to generate no threat.

NEW- (2) Dealing direct damage with a spell has a chance to trigger Spell Barrage, which deals additional spell damage of a random school. This effect cannot occur more than once every 10 sec. Deals 20% damage to players.
(4) You gain 6% of your Intellect as spell damage.
(6) When your mana drops below 50% you gain 10% of your maximum mana. This effect cannot occur more than once per min.
(8) Increases the damage of your Spell Barrage by 50% and gives it a 50% chance to trigger an additional missile.

How about, instead of a random school, it procs with the same spell type as the spell that procs it? Then it won't just be some extra damage on the side, but something that synergizes with the build of the caster. Frost can have more chances of proccing FoF, Fire can crit with it and proc Hot Streak, Arcane can...do more damage with Arcane spells. And it doesn't have to be just the 3 mage elements. Do Shadow, Nature, and Holy too. Just so it feels worth using and adds some flavor to it. It doesn't even have to be just the 2pc (tho I prefer it is). You could make so the 8pc has an additional effect of making it match the spell's type (as I explained).

Without numbers, I can't really gauge how much damage this will do. But if it synchronizes with the build from the beginning, it feels like using it may be better just for that reason.