itswicky

Dev Update #78 Naxx sets

1 minute ago, Sky said:

Where is the balance there

In the uptime of each effect.

1 minute ago, itswicky said:

In the uptime of each effect.

Except, you've only mentioned uptime for Priest, not druid. 

On 7/15/2019 at 9:09 AM, itswicky said:

(8) Your damage and healing spells have a chance to summon a beam of light at your location, which increases your spell haste rating by 100 and your damage and healing by 10% for 10 seconds.

(8) Healing a target with a direct heal below 50% health grants you Power Word: Celerity, which grants you 100 spell haste rating for 15 sec. This effect cannot occur more than once every 15 sec.

3 minutes ago, Sky said:

Except, you've only mentioned uptime for Priest, not druid. 

Right, but as mentioned in the OP we have a goal we're aiming for with power on the 8 sets. The Druid bonus should adhere pretty strictly to that goal.

13 minutes ago, itswicky said:
On 7/15/2019 at 3:55 PM, tumnus0028 said:

The old 6 set bonus is what ranged hunters needed badly in their current state because they would no longer have to worry about mana sustain at all in raids,

I honestly haven't gottem much feedback on Hunter sustain until this post. Definitely hear you guys on that issue loud and clear. We'll see if we can squeeze anything for some upcoming changes so you guys won't even need to rely on a set bonus.

Just remove the passive mana regeneration on Aspect of the Viper, Remove the Damage/Healing reduction, make the on hit mana regeneration range only.

15 minutes ago, itswicky said:

- Rogue 6 set bonus is similar to the Hunter one, with one huge twist. Nobody picks Stealth anymore, especially in PvE!

15 minutes ago, itswicky said:
On 7/15/2019 at 7:00 PM, SirGank said:

Really dissapointed that the energy gain was removed, Why does backstab/mutliate not get any kind of love we've only seen nerfs the past two years. ya sure there's a the 8 set bonus but everything else is just Generic melee. I get that there isn't any other melee gear set but not adding any kind of energy generation for backstab or mutlate really shows how little love you guys have given backstab/mutilate players.

I'd argue that the Rogue set slightly favors Rogue builds. Don't get me wrong, it's meant to be a catch all melee build, but Rogue builds probably have the highest % of their damage coming from melee abilities which the 8 set is centered around. They also have faster GCD on their abilities and general use faster weapons, so they have more opportunities to have a higher uptime on the 2 set bonus. These 2 things might be marginal in their own right, but it was definitely never our intention to design a set around a single build or archetype.

I put a link on page 3. to an efect that would fit perfectly.

Posted (edited)
Just now, Vedartha said:

Just remove the passive mana regeneration on Aspect of the Viper, Remove the Damage/Healing reduction, make the on hit mana regeneration range only.

better then it's current set and could work for a lot of builds. I like it I think the mana should stay, could work for a hybrid spec who knows.

Edited by SirGank

Had a thought about Bonecythe, since bear tanks will most likely be going for Bonescythe, would it make sense for the 6p to be changed to a flavor bonus that has some benefit for a bear tank?

Perhaps a chance on melee ability to evade the next attack or spell?  Or when you drop below a certain % of health to gain Evasion? 

Stays somewhat rogue-ish and gives effective HP in the form of avoidance rather than health regen in stealth.

Another thought too before naxx releases: Can we have the quests for T3 be repeatable?  T2.5 quests weren't repeatable so if you wanted 2 sets of Deathdealer (say for DPS and bear tank) you weren't able to get them and had to rely on off-set pieces. (it would also be nice to have T2.5 quests made repeatable).

33 minutes ago, SirGank said:
47 minutes ago, Vedartha said:

better then it's current set and could work for a lot of builds. I like it I think the mana should stay, could work for a hybrid spec who knows.

Ye but notice the mana regen is rearly high by default, would be almost entire manapool by now and that thing rearly procs a lot. needs to be adjusted to stay "flavor" proc.

1 hour ago, itswicky said:

I'd argue that the Rogue set slightly favors Rogue builds. Don't get me wrong, it's meant to be a catch all melee build, but Rogue builds probably have the highest % of their damage coming from melee abilities which the 8 set is centered around. They also have faster GCD on their abilities and general use faster weapons, so they have more opportunities to have a higher uptime on the 2 set bonus. These 2 things might be marginal in their own right, but it was definitely never our intention to design a set around a single build or archetype

As stated in my very first comment pls make the rouge 2set a non execute-phase Bonus. Youre literally argumenting yourself against it in that quote. 

Give it a 5-10% procchance for the entirety of the encounter and not just the last 20%

1 hour ago, Sky said:

So Druid 8set is absolutely busted and there's no reason to pick anything else then.

Priest 8set grants you 100 spell haste IF a target is below a certain HP.

Druid 8set grants you 100 haste AND 10% healing on all heals???

Where is the balance there

Dont you forget about the potential in pvp with the also added 10% dmg. It must be proccing very rarely being such a powerfull 8set

Shaman

NEW- (2) Your direct damaging spells and abilities have a chance to grant you Totemic Power for 8 sec. (~40 sp, or 60 ap, or 40 haste rating).

Any clarification on how this works? Basically:
1.) What's the proc chance?

2.) How will the buff work? Is it a 1/3 chance for each possible buff? Basically, I could get 60 AP as a caster? Can you set which buff to get? Or does it check your current stats?

REITEMIZATION
Intellect converted to Strength at a rate of ~1.1. Intellect added at ~50% of Strength. Spell Power reduced by 20%. Mp5 converted to either hit, haste, or crit rating.

Sorry, just needed to clarify. By what you said here, the original headpiece (+30 Int) would have its stats changed to (+33 STR, +16.5 Int). Did I get that right? 

Basically, Shaman is the Hybrid set. Kinda cool :)

2 hours ago, Skray said:

Had a thought about Bonecythe, since bear tanks will most likely be going for Bonescythe, would it make sense for the 6p to be changed to a flavor bonus that has some benefit for a bear tank?

Perhaps a chance on melee ability to evade the next attack or spell?  Or when you drop below a certain % of health to gain Evasion? 

Thanks for the feedback. Great suggestion!

21 minutes ago, badtiming220 said:

2.) How will the buff work? Is it a 1/3 chance for each possible buff? Basically, I could get 60 AP as a caster? Can you set which buff to get? Or does it check your current stats?

Uptime should be somewhere around 50% and the buff is chosen at random with a 1/3 chance for each to be triggered.

24 minutes ago, badtiming220 said:

Sorry, just needed to clarify. By what you said here, the original headpiece (+30 Int) would have its stats changed to (+33 STR, +16.5 Int). Did I get that right? 

Yeah, that's the gist.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, badtiming220 said:

Any clarification on how this works? Basically:
1.) What's the proc chance?

Shamane Set is redesigned to be a melee set, so the proc shouldnt bother caster.

Edited by Vedartha

9 hours ago, itswicky said:

The Druid set currently does not have any stats that are desirable for Ferals and we have no plans on changes the itemization of the Druid set at this time to include melee stats as well.

Edit: Sorry, forgot to add that the 8 set bonus will not require you to stand in place to benefit from its effect.

Im curious, is there technical possibility to make it so that set had different stats active depending on which stat on character is higher. Just like it is now on retail.

If so you could add more variety through this system without making hybrid sets too powerful.

Just now, mindw0rk said:

Im curious, is there technical possibility to make it so that set had different stats active depending on which stat on character is higher. Just like it is now on retail.

If so you could add more variety through this system without making hybrid sets too powerful.

It's technically possible to do, but it's not something we have time to properly design and implement.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Skray said:

Stays somewhat rogue-ish and gives effective HP in the form of avoidance rather than health regen in stealth.

I like it. Since ferals will be forced into rogue set, devs need to think of sharable benefits for both rogs and ferals. I personally would love if passive healing was on rogue set, not on druid's, since caster druids can heal themselves anyway and they would rather want something that helps healing others. My bear on the other hand fully relies on passive healing.

Edited by mindw0rk

Already been posted by Skray but I need to shout it out: make T3 and T2.5 quests repeatable. I am tired of holding onto the item for the future "in case I need it" in fear if I delete it I can't have it again. Zul'gurub sets are repeatable, heck even the Neck part is.

9 hours ago, itswicky said:

I honestly haven't gottem much feedback on Hunter sustain until this post. Definitely hear you guys on that issue loud and clear. We'll see if we can squeeze anything for some upcoming changes so you guys won't even need to rely on a set bonus.

The hunter set is itemized pretty well already. I mentioned this to another reply earlier, but the mp5 on this set, and the spirit and spell power on the previous hunter sets were more or less just free stats given on the set. We kept it because it adds a little bit of flavor and it doesn't seem right to remove it.

That's great to hear, mana sustain is a bitch and a half for ranged hunters and a clear issue that hard to solve in raids.

I figured the set was too good to get any more treatment and it's a fair enough point not to touch it anymore as its current stat weights make it very desirable for melee in general.

Will you guys be changing any other items in the Naxx loot table such as trinkets like you did with AQ in order to bring them up in to ascension viability?

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Vedartha said:

This is a DPS loss for Haste stack rHunter since we lose the on proc from Aspect of the Hawk, so Haste stack rHunter will still run into the same issue of having to juggle Mana pots or life tap.

@itswicky Now when we have your attention can I also ask for a GCD removal from Hunter's Mark?

Edited by TheFV

1 hour ago, mecar said:

I agree with Skray, repeatable t2.5 quests would be nice.

and t3

11 hours ago, Mograine said:

Already been posted by Skray but I need to shout it out: make T3 and T2.5 quests repeatable. I am tired of holding onto the item for the future "in case I need it" in fear if I delete it I can't have it again. Zul'gurub sets are repeatable, heck even the Neck part is.

Sorry, missed that part. We'll look at doing this of the naxx sets and perhaps retroactively doing it for the AQ sets.

9 hours ago, tumnus0028 said:

Will you guys be changing any other items in the Naxx loot table such as trinkets like you did with AQ in order to bring them up in to ascension viability?

Most, if not all, of the naxx trinkets are pretty darn good already. We're looking at items which are outliers in naxx now, though.

8 hours ago, TheFV said:

Now when we have your attention can I also ask for a GCD removal from Hunter's Mark?

Hey, I'll share this with the team!

On 7/14/2019 at 8:09 PM, itswicky said:

Rogue
(4) If you have more Strength than Agility you gain 28 melee and ranged crit rating. If you have more Agility than Strength you gain 60 attack power.

(4) general bonuses which should result in 2-4% ability to dps, heal, or tank and meant to be easily paired with other 4 set bonuses,

srry for repost just wondering how 60 ap is 2 - 4% damage increase 

34 minutes ago, itswicky said:

Most, if not all, of the naxx trinkets are pretty darn good already. We're looking at items which are outliers in naxx now, though

You might wanna have a look at available fistweapons then. 

Posted (edited)
On 7/18/2019 at 10:33 PM, itswicky said:

Hey, I'll share this with the team!

There are plenty of abilities that shouldnt be on gcd. Barskin for example (also should be usable in any form of CC). Death wish, enraged regeneration to name a few more. But barskin is particularly bad with gcd

Edited by mindw0rk

Update! I've gone ahead and made a few more adjustments to the sets. Time is running short, so these updates will be happening fewer and fewer, but I'm happy with the feedback you guys have been able to provide so far and with the changes we've been able to make because of it.

Shaman 6 set now reduces all non-physical damage.

Rogue 4 set now increases the critical chance of all attacks, including spells.

Rogue 6 set now increases your chance to dodge by 3%.

Warrior T3 has been reitemized as follows:
Shoulder - 42 block value -> 15 expertise rating.
Waist- 36 block value -> 10 expertise rating.
           13 block rating-> 14 dodge rating.
Legs- 63 block value-> 20 expertise rating.

This should allow you to hit the soft expertise cap just by having your 8 piece equipped. We've also left the Gloves untouched so they can remain a powerful piece for Shield tanks. Also, a reminder that we have improvement in the works for Shield tanks as well, so don't despair seeing you block value and rating swapped.

Shaman 6 set now reduces all non-physical damage.

Wait, what changed here ??