itswicky

Dev Update #78 Naxx sets

Posted (edited)

Hey guys, I'm back today to go over the changes we have slated for the naxx T3 sets. They've been a long time coming and I'm excited to share with you what we've been able to do with them. First, however, DISCLAIMER!! These sets are subject to change at any time before release. While we are confident with their current state, it is possible the sets you see on live servers differ slightly from what's posted here. At this stage we expect any changes that may be made will be minor, if any.

I'll also be structuring this post a little differently, so there will be a lot of information to go through, but I want to make sure it's all there and it will save me some time as well. Without further ado, here's your updated naxx T3 sets!

Druid

OLD- (2) Your Rejuvenation ticks have a chance to restore 60 mana, 8 energy, or 2 rage to your target.
(4) Reduces the mana cost of your Healing Touch, Regrowth, Rejuvenation, and Tranquility spells by 3%.
(6) Your initial cast and Regrowth ticks will increase the maximum health of your target by up to 50, stacking up to 7 times.
(8) On Healing Touch critical hits, you regain 30% of the mana cost of the spell.

NEW- (2) Your damage and healing spells have a chance to plant a seed in the target, which will heal friendly targets or damage enemy targets after 3 seconds.
(4) You gain 6% of your Spirit as spell haste rating.
(6) While shapeshifted you gain 1% of your maximum health every 3 sec.
(8) Your damage and healing spells have a chance to summon a beam of light at your location, which increases your spell haste rating by 100 and your damage and healing by 10% for 10 seconds.

REITEMIZATION
Helm- +10 haste rating.
Chest- 10 mp5 changed to 15 haste rating.
Legs- 10 mp5 changed to 15 haste rating.
Wrist- 6 mp5 changed to 16 Spirit.
Ring- +10 haste rating.

Hunter

OLD- (2) Increases the duration of your Rapid Fire by 4 secs.
(4) Increases Attack Power by 50 for both you and your pet.
(6) Your ranged critical hits cause an Adrenaline Rush, granting you 50 mana.
(8) Reduces the mana cost of your Multi-Shot and Aimed Shot by 20.

NEW- (2) Your ranged and melee abilities have a chance to increase your tamed pet's attack speed and focus regeneration by 25% for 8 sec. This effect cannot occur more than once every 10 sec.
(4) Increases melee and ranged Attack Power by 60 for both you and your pet.
(6) Feign Death heals you for 10% of your maximum health and an additional 1% every 2 sec while you remain feigning.
(8) Increases the duration of your Black Arrow by 15 sec.

Mage

OLD- (2) Reduces cooldown on your Evocation by 1 minute.
(4) Gives your Mage Armor a chance when struck by a harmful spell to increase resistance against that school of magic by 1 for 30 sec.
(6) Your damage spells have a chance to cause your target to take up to 200 increased damage from subsequent spells.
(8) Your damage spells have a chance to displace you, causing the next spell cast to generate no threat.

NEW- (2) Dealing direct damage with a spell has a chance to trigger Spell Barrage, which deals additional spell damage of a random school. This effect cannot occur more than once every 10 sec. Deals 20% damage to players.
(4) You gain 6% of your Intellect as spell damage.
(6) When your mana drops below 50% you gain 10% of your maximum mana. This effect cannot occur more than once per min.
(8) Increases the damage of your Spell Barrage by 50% and gives it a 50% chance to trigger an additional missile.

Paladin

OLD- (2) Increases the amount healed by your Judgement of Light by 20.
(4) Reduces cooldown on your Lay on Hands by 12 min.
(6) Your Flash of Light and Holy Light spells have a chance to imbue your target with Holy Power.
(8) Your Cleanse spell also heals the target for 200.

NEW- (2) While above 75% health you heal an additional 3% and while below 25% health you gain 3% cast speed.
(4) Increases your spell critical strike rating by 42.
(6) You heal yourself for 3% of healing done on others.
(8) Your direct healing spells have a chance to consecrate the ground at your target's feet for 4 seconds in an 8 yard radius, healing all allies standing within each 1 sec.

REITEMIZATION
Wrist- +6 spell power.
Gloves- +14 crit rating.
Waist- +6 spell power.
Legs- +14 crit rating.
Ring- +14 crit rating.
Chest- +14 crit rating and -13 mp5.

Priest

OLD- (2) Reduces the mana cost of your Renew spell by 12%.
(4) On Greater Heal critical hits, your target will gain Armor of Faith, absorbing up to 500 damage.
(6) Reduces the threat from your healing spells.
(8) Each spell you cast can trigger an Epiphany, increasing your mana regeneration by 24 for 30 sec.

NEW- (2) Each spell you cast can trigger an Epiphany, increasing your mana regeneration by 66 for 15 sec.
(4) You gain 8% of your Spirit as spell crit rating.
(6) When you drop below 30% health you are instantly healed for 100% of your spell power as Holy. This effect cannot occur more than once every 2 min.
(8) Healing a target with a direct heal below 50% health grants you Power Word: Celerity, which grants you 100 spell haste rating for 15 sec. This effect cannot occur more than once every 15 sec.

REITEMIZATION
Shoulder- +5 spell power.
Chest- +14 crit rating.
Waist- +10 haste rating.
Legs- +14 crit rating.
Boots- 8 mp5 changed to 10 haste rating. +5 spell power.
Ring- +3 spell power.

Rogue

OLD- (2) Your normal melee swings have a chance to Invigorate you, healing you for 90 to 111.
(4) Your Backstab, Sinister Strike, and Hemorrhage critical hits cause you to regain 5 energy.
(6) Reduces the threat from your Backstab, Sinister Strike, Hemorrhage, and Eviscerate abilities.
(8) Your Eviscerate has a chance per combo point to reveal a flaw in your opponent's armor, granting a 100% critical hit chance for your next Backstab, Sinister Strike, or Hemorrhage.

NEW- (2) Dealing melee damage to targets below 20% health increases your melee haste by 150 for 4 sec. You cannot benefit from this effect more than once every 4 sec.
(4) If you have more Strength than Agility you gain 28 crit rating. If you have more Agility than Strength you gain 60 attack power.
(6) Increases your dodge rating by 42.
(8) Your direct damage melee abilities have a 50% chance to deal an additional 15% damage.

Shaman

OLD- (2) Reduces the mana cost of your totem spells by 12%.
(4) Increases the mana gained from your Mana Spring totems by 25%.
(6) Your Healing Wave and Lesser Healing Wave spells have a chance to imbue your target with Totemic Power.
(8) Your Lightning Shield spell also grants you 15 mana per 5 sec. while active.

NEW- (2) Your direct damaging spells and abilities have a chance to grant you Totemic Power for 8 sec. (~40 sp, or 60 ap, or 40 haste rating).
(4) You gain an additional 20% of your Intellect as attack power.
(6) You take 3% less Non-Physical damage.
(8) Dealing direct damage with a melee ability increases your spell damage by 6% for 4 sec.

REITEMIZATION
Intellect converted to Strength at a rate of ~1.1. Intellect added at ~50% of Strength. Spell Power reduced by 20%. Mp5 converted to either hit, haste, or crit rating.

Head- 11 haste rating
Shoulder- 14 crit
Chest- 20 hit
Wrist- 8 haste rating
Hands- 14 crit
Waist- 10 hit
Legs- 16 haste rating
Feet- 10 hit
Ring- 10 hit

Warlock

OLD- (2) Your Shadow Bolts now have a chance to heal you for 270 to 331.
(4) Increases damage caused by your Corruption by 12%.
(6) Your spell critical hits generate 25% less threat. In addition, Corruption, Immolate, Curse of Agony, and Siphon Life generate 25% less threat.
(8) Reduces health cost of your Life Tap by 12%.

NEW- (2) Your damaging spells deal 6% more damage to targets below 35% health.
(4) Your Life Tap increases your spell power by 40 for 20 sec.
(6) You receive 3% more healing from all sources.
(8) Your damage over time spells have a chance to increase your spell haste rating by 80 and your direct damage spells have a chance to increase your spell crit rating by 84.

Warrior

OLD- (2) Increases the damage done by your Revenge ability by 75.
(4) Improves your chance to hit with Taunt and Challenging Shout by 5%.
(6) Improves your chance to hit with Sunder Armor, Heroic Strike, Revenge, and Shield Slam by 5%.
(8) When your health drops below 20%, for the next 5 seconds healing spells cast on you help you to Cheat Death, increasing healing done by up to 160.

NEW- (2) Increases the threat bonus of Defensive Stance by 5% and its damage reduction effect by 2%.
(4) Increases your expertise by 8 and your hit rating by 16.
(6) Fully avoiding damage from an attack increases your Stamina by 8 for 8 sec and taking direct damage increases your armor by 100 for 8 sec. Each effect stacks 5 times.
(8) When your health drops below 30% you trigger Cheat Death. Cheat Death absorbs the next 3000 damage you would take and gives you a 100% chance to dodge the next attack within 5 sec. This effect cannot occur more than once every 3 min.

REITEMIZATION
Waist- 36 block value -> 10 expertise rating.
           13 block rating-> 14 dodge rating.
Legs- 63 block value-> 20 expertise rating.

To give you a little bit of info on the sets above, they are meant to work loosely as follows: (2) ~2% increased ability to dps, heal, or tank, (4) general bonuses which should result in 2-4% ability to dps, heal, or tank and meant to be easily paired with other 4 set bonuses, (6) general utility, (8) thematic bonus which should result in ~5-6% increased ability to dps, heal, or tank (roughly). These may not be pin point perfect in all cases, but generally speaking it should be the case. I know some people might be disappointed with the 6 set bonus for some of the sets, but it wasn't prudent for us to have 4 bonuses which increased your output as a dps, tank or healer. Doing so resulted in either the rest of the bonuses feeling more lackluster, or in a set offering too much power.

I look forward to getting feedback on these sets from the community and hearing what you think. I'll do my best to keep up with all of your comments on this thread. Before I go I would like to very briefly talk about the patch we're working on for naxx release.

We are working tirelessly to get you guys a small balance patch before the release of naxx. We're aiming to do so as early as we can so you guys can be familiar with the changes before getting in the raid. That said, don't expect anything too drastic right before the raid release. Things we're looking to do at the moment are better balancing the different tank styles to all be strong picks for progression content, adjusting healing and damage output in raids slightly so damage is less spiky and more controlled, reducing the ability strong AoE raid healers have to keep a single target alive very effectively, and minor adjustments to the highest and some of the lower performing builds. Unfortunately I don't have any specifics to share with you at the moment, but I wanted to give some clue as to what's going on for naxx release. Also, we have a separate patch in the works for after naxx which will go along side a future content release which should help freshen up the PvP meta once again.

That's all for now, and as I said above I'm looking forward to hearing from the community once again. ❤️

PS: I hope I didn't kill you guys with this formatting.

Idol of Longevity - No longer refunds 25 mana on casting Healing Touch, now grants 12 spell power for 15 sec after casting Healing Touch, stacking up to 3 times.
Digested Hand of Power - Now grants 20 haste rating in addition to its current stats.
Misplaced Servo Arm - Lowered the PPM and scaling on the Chance On Hit effect, and the effect may now trigger from all melee attacks and abilities rather than only auto -attacks.
Ring of Spiritual Fervor - Now grants 14 spirit, 24 spell power and 10 haste rating in place of 11 stamina and 13 mana per 5.
Pendant of Forgotten Names - Now grants 20 spell power and 10 haste rating in place of 9 mana per 5.
Eye of Diminution - Name changed to Eye of the Scourge and replaced the threat reduction effect. New effect - Your ranged and melee attacks grant you 5 ranged and melee attack power for 10 sec, stacking up to 10 times.
Warmth of Forgiveness - Reworked. Now grants 35 intellect and reduces the base mana cost of your spells by 12, replacing 13 mana per 5 and the 500 mana restore on -use effect.
Totem of Flowing Water - Reworked. Now grants 8 crit rating for 15 sec stacking up to 5 times when you cast Lesser Healing Wave, replacing the 10 mana restore.
Glyph of Deflection - On use effect changed to 135 block value for 20 sec, from 235 block value for 40 sec.
Necro -Knight Garb now grants 35% less armor.

Edited by itswicky

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, itswicky said:

(8) Increases the damage of your Spell Barrage by 50% and gives it a 50% chance to trigger an additional missile.

edit: assumed a typo in the post here .. dont mind it

ty sky

NEW- (2) Dealing melee damage to targets below 20% health increases your melee haste by 150 for 4 sec. You cannot benefit from this effect more than once every 4 sec.

execute-phase bonuses are lame ... why not make it a perm bonus with say a 5% chance to trigger it ?

(8) Your direct damage melee abilities have a 50% chance to deal an additional 15% damage.

id like a numbers swap here ... 15% chance to deal 50% more dmg

(6) Fully avoiding damage from an attack increases your Stamina by 8 for 8 sec and taking direct damage increases your armor by 100 for 8 sec. Each effect stacks 5 times.

seems a bit low for a 6set bonus tbh ... seeing tanks with 15k+++ in current gear alrdy - a 400 health increase as a 6set bonus is meh ... not to talk about a mere 500 armor bonus
double these numbers and itd be somewhat justified to go for the set

(8) When your health drops below 30% you trigger Cheat Death. Cheat Death absorbs the next 3000 damage you would take and gives you a 100% chance to dodge the next attack within 5 sec. This effect cannot occur more than once every 3 min.

a 3 min icd seems to be waaaaaay too high for an 8set bonnus if you ask me ... make it 1 min - also lower the threshhold to 10% or maybe 15% ...

REITEMIZATION
Intellect converted to Strength at a rate of ~1.1. Intellect added at ~50% of Strength. Spell Power reduced by 20%. Mp5 converted to either hit, haste, or crit rating.

Head- 15 haste rating
Shoulder- 14 crit
Chest- 20 hit
Wrist- 10 haste rating
Hands- 14 crit
Waist- 10 hit
Legs- 20 haste rating
Feet- 10 hit
Ring- 10 hit

how come this set gets overloaded with stats ? seems biased to me ngl

Edited by Peel2g
edited to keep thread clean

Just now, Peel2g said:

are you sure about that ? this seems way too much ... AB can crt for 2k alrdy in pvp on a low cooldown with huge range... this would make it that it cann go to up to 6k which would result in 1shots left and right

21 minutes ago, itswicky said:

NEW- (2) Dealing direct damage with a spell has a chance to trigger Spell Barrage, which deals additional spell damage of a random school. This effect cannot occur more than once every 10 sec. Deals 20% damage to players.

@Peel2g Spell Barrage and Arcane Barrage are different things just FYI, not sure how that actually impacts AM as I don't play the spec, but worth keeping in mind :) 

22 minutes ago, itswicky said:

Hunter

22 minutes ago, itswicky said:

NEW- (2) Your ranged and melee abilities have a chance to increase your tamed pet's attack speed and focus regeneration by 25% for 8 sec. This effect cannot occur more than once every 10 sec.

Does it have to be a Pet related bonus ? You know i like Pets (oh yeah you know :) ) but in current state i dont rearly want annything on my pet from a set bonus.

(6) Feign Death heals you for 10% of your maximum health and an additional 1% every 2 sec while you remain feigning.

Can we yoink that for the original bonus ? Adrenalin Rush.. pleeeease, dont wanna Life Tap annymore :F

I personaly think some healer sets look way weaker than others... but iam a dumb pet using dps... just my thinking.

29 minutes ago, itswicky said:

Rather make it 5-8% max HP than just 40 Stam .. Also the 500 Armor are like nothing aswell .. Give % on both and its a decent setbonus

2 minutes ago, Peel2g said:

are you sure about that ? this seems way too much ... AB can crt for 2k alrdy in pvp on a low cooldown with huge range... this would make it that it cann go to up to 6k which would result in 1shots left and right

Spell Barrage, the 2 set proc, not Arcane Barrage.

3 minutes ago, Peel2g said:

id like a numbers swap here ... 15% chance to deal 50% more dmg

The result is the exact same average bonus, except it would become significantly more bursty in PvP.

3 minutes ago, Peel2g said:

seems a bit low for a 6set bonus tbh ... seeing tanks with 15k+++ in current gear alrdy - a 400 health increase as a 6set bonus is meh ... not to talk about a mere 500 armor bonus
double these numbers and itd be somewhat justified to go for the set

It's over 2% Stam fully stacked in addition to providing armor bonsus. Compared to the other 6 sets for what type of build they are attached to, this is likely the strongest. Again, the 6 sets aren't meant to be super powerful, but more utility based. Tanks probably get the best of the 6 bonuses.

5 minutes ago, Peel2g said:

how come this set gets overloaded with stats ? seems biased to me ngl

The vanilla 'hybrid' class sets were a bit understatted compared to the other sets, so what you see here seems a bit overstated. I'm definitely curious to hear what the rest of the community has to say regarding it. We've also lowered the Intellect and spell power on the set, which isn't as easy to see.

Thanks for taking the time to post your feedback. We'll definitely take what you, and the rest of the community, says under consideration.

I think one thing that might be lacking from the Rogue set is an Energy Regen mechanic.

Deathdealers has energy regen from the free 5 combo-point generation through using Relentless Strikes RE and Talent, and Feral Cats can potentially go Genesis for the energy regen.

Given that rogue builds and cats aren't really top of the meta currently, and they'll be losing energy regen bonuses going into Naxx, could the 6p be changed to something energy regen related?

It would be a useless flavor bonus for all other melee builds and help keep energy using builds competitive.

5 minutes ago, Vedartha said:

Can we yoink that for the original bonus ? Adrenalin Rush.. pleeeease, dont wanna Life Tap annymore :F

Definitely something we can take under consideration, but it should be clear that this set isn't geared only towards Hunters, but also towards any melee build, which is why we went for the healing utility vs the mana utility.

6 minutes ago, Vedartha said:

I personaly think some healer sets look way weaker than others

Do you mean naxx sets compared to other naxx sets, or compared to the AQ 40 sets. Which ones do you think look weak?

3 minutes ago, Toxec said:

Rather make it 5-8% max HP than just 40 Stam .. Also the 500 Armor are like nothing aswell .. Give % on both and its a decent setbonus

I gave a brief breakdown of what we were aiming for with the different set bonuses. I mentioned this in an above reply, but the Warrior 6 set is probably one of the better ones at the moment and a 5% max health increase would go far beyond what we're looking to do with 6 sets.

2 minutes ago, Skray said:

I think one thing that might be lacking from the Rogue set is an Energy Regen mechanic.

Thanks, that's definitely a fair and good point. I think we may be looking at some additional energy regen buffs through some talents at the moment, but something we'll be sure to be aware of.

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, itswicky said:

NEW- (2) While above 90% health you heal an additional 3% and while below 20% health you gain 3% cast speed.

(6) When you drop below 30% health you are instantly healed for 100% of your spell power as Holy. This effect cannot occur more than once every 2 min.

Paladin:
Would like to see smth different than those 3% cast speed .. The 3% increased heal while above 90% health are huge but the one below 20% is mehh.. I would like to see smth different there. 

Priest:
If it scales with % holy healing modifiers then its not that bad but it doesnt really seem like its worth it to go for 6set. It would do roughly around 1.2-1.4k on my healer atm .. Thats not really smth .. And 2min CD make it even worse.
Ik you don't want it to be very strong but 1.3k heal is like nothing … In PvE mostly useless and in PvP you will die in 80% of the cases anyway if you drop below 30% Health. And if you have wound Poison on you its like a 600 heal only .. My insta cast Renew is doing more.

Edited by Toxec

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Toxec said:

If it scales with % holy healing modifiers then its not that bad but it doesnt really seem like its worth it to go for 6set. It would do roughly around 1.2-1.4k on my healer atm .. Thats not really smth .. And 2min CD make it even worse.

It currently scales with healing mods. Basically behaves as any other generic Holy healing spell. I'd definitely argue that the Priest 6 bonus is one of the stronger ones at the moment.

Edited by itswicky

1 minute ago, itswicky said:

Definitely something we can take under consideration, but it should be clear that this set isn't geared only towards Hunters, but also towards any melee build, which is why we went for the healing utility vs the mana utility.

Do you mean naxx sets compared to other naxx sets, or compared to the AQ 40 sets. Which ones do you think look weak?

Naxx sets under each other. Looking at Paladin set.

36 minutes ago, itswicky said:

NEW- (2) While above 90% health you heal an additional 3% and while below 20% health you gain 3% cast speed.

So inbetween this values i dont have a bonus, and even if i get one he is just 3%. VS

38 minutes ago, itswicky said:

NEW- (2) Your damage and healing spells have a chance to plant a seed in the target, which will heal friendly targets or damage enemy targets after 3 seconds.

It says chance, but i can trigger it independet of annything. Same for Priest 2 Set.

39 minutes ago, itswicky said:

(4) Increases your spell critical strike rating by 35.

VS

40 minutes ago, itswicky said:

(4) You gain 8% of your Spirit as spell crit rating.

My trash PW:S gear without anny enchants brings me to 300-400 Spirit (something inbetween) so raidbuffed i am sure I would allready exced it.

41 minutes ago, itswicky said:

(8) Your direct healing spells have a chance to consecrate the ground at your target's feet for 4 seconds in an 8 yard radius, healing all allies standing within each 1 sec.

"PLEASE GUYS DONT RUNN OUT OF MY CONSECRATION PLEEEEEEEEASE" VS

42 minutes ago, itswicky said:

(8) Healing a target with a direct heal below 50% health grants you Power Word: Celerity, which grants you 100 spell haste rating for 15 sec. This effect cannot occur more than once every 15 sec.

Healers lick thair fingers for haste rating.

Posted (edited)

Another thing. Anny information on Nerfs to AQT sets ? Cause Expunge looks way more sexy than the first 3 bonusses on the T3 Hunter set for me.

Edited by Vedartha

49 minutes ago, itswicky said:

(6) You take 3% less Non-Physical damage.

My problem with this one is rather that its not fitting to the shaman class. Or rather "Shaman spell based speccs" 
The only people who're interested in such stuff are tanks but those would never go for the 6 set here. 
Thats not utility.

1 minute ago, Vedartha said:

Another thing. Anny information on Nerfs to AQT sets ? Cause Expunge looks way more sexy than the first 3 bonusses on the T3 Hunter set for me.

Thanks for the feedback from you previous reply. One thing to note is that the Paladin set is itemized very heavily towards a particular playstyle, while the Druid and Priest sets are itemized differently. In regards to this comment specifically, yes we will be slightly tuning down some of the AQ 40 sets. I say slightly in that you should still be use your current gear to progress smoothly through naxx. The changes to the AQ 40 bonuses will be used mostly to slightly tune back some of the very high performing raid specs by a small amount. We expect them all, however, to still be strong raiding builds.

1 minute ago, Toxec said:

My problem with this one is rather that its not fitting to the shaman class. Or rather "Shaman spell based speccs" 
The only people who're interested in such stuff are tanks but those would never go for the 6 set here. 
Thats not utility.

Fair point. Do you have thoughts on replacements that you think would be more fitting?

Posted (edited)

"Using Shock grants absorbtion shield fitting its element . Flame - Fire Earth-Nature Frost-Frost. not to much like say 200 or something last 6 seconds

Edited by Vedartha

I would rather take the 3% than this x) No hate but that sounds terrbile cuz who would run 3 different Shocks just to meet a shadow caster :D

1 minute ago, Vedartha said:

"Using Shock grants absorbtion shield fitting its element . Flame - Fire Earth-Nature Frost-Frost. not to much like say 200 or something last 6 seconds

Definitely a cool idea and very thematic!

Just now, itswicky said:

Fair point. Do you have thoughts on replacements that you think would be more fitting?

Something that would buff Grounding or Stoneclaw totem, ideally.

2 minutes ago, itswicky said:

Thanks for the feedback from you previous reply. One thing to note is that the Paladin set is itemized very heavily towards a particular playstyle, while the Druid and Priest sets are itemized differently. In regards to this comment specifically, yes we will be slightly tuning down some of the AQ 40 sets. I say slightly in that you should still be use your current gear to progress smoothly through naxx. The changes to the AQ 40 bonuses will be used mostly to slightly tune back some of the very high performing raid specs by a small amount. We expect them all, however, to still be strong raiding builds.

I'm curious, what are the builds that are going to be nerfed ? Arcane missiles ?

Also I agree with Vedartha that the paladin set looks the weakest so far, it doesn't seem to provide anything really interesting.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Toxec said:

I would rather take the 3% than this x) No hate but that sounds terrbile cuz who would run 3 different Shocks just to meet a shadow caster :D

no one says you have to, look i need to run FD on my Hunter Set. To heal me... who would ever use FD to heal himself ?

Edited by Vedartha

How is this 
Your Totems Effects are enhanced .. Doubled would be to hard I believe
No idea what Kind of enhances rn 

You can use the heal from FD in all situations .. You can't do this with the 6set you suggested.
It would be completly useless against 3 schools of spells