Sign in to follow this  
Barrellroll

Make Hunters Great Again

Posted (edited)

read title. buff ranged hunter damage and pet damage for ranged hunters (Laughing Skull.) Thank you!

Edited by Barrellroll

Posted (edited)

I think they're in a good position, and don't need buffs/nerfs. I think people have no idea how to build them and that's why they think it's bad.

now what they should do is allow kick and cleanse on a cat.

Edited by SirGank

What Gank said, hunters are fairly balanced. Even saw some sick DPS in AQT on some bosses, above Hybrids/Smiters.

Im not talking about pve. Im talking about they are significantly below meta in pvp matchups and could use some serious buffs when it comes to pvp. They have to sacrifice many points for damage in ranged, can pick up some utility, but lack  real damage compared to other class combos in pvp.

11 hours ago, Barrellroll said:

Im not talking about pve. Im talking about they are significantly below meta in pvp matchups and could use some serious buffs when it comes to pvp. They have to sacrifice many points for damage in ranged, can pick up some utility, but lack  real damage compared to other class combos in pvp.

Naa it's better they're nerfed in pvp, or people will just start stacking defensives and have the pet do all the damage for them.

41 minutes ago, SirGank said:

Naa it's better they're nerfed in pvp, or people will just start stacking defensives and have the pet do all the damage for them.

great, disvalue an entire class over some basic fixable problems.

22 minutes ago, Barrellroll said:

great, disvalue an entire class over some basic fixable problems.

I mean you can still make hunters decent in pvp, I don't really see the problem, they're one of the few specs that are viable in both pvp and pve with out much major change.

Posted (edited)
On 7/10/2019 at 1:35 AM, Barrellroll said:

read title. buff ranged hunter damage and pet damage for ranged hunters. Thank you!

Hunters are fine. Currently working on my Hunter Guide. may finishing it soon.

Edited by Vedartha

Posted (edited)

I mean, people like Regi, Downonknees, Moosanity, Cutegirl, Jokers, Flark, Ajax, Nxc, Lewds, Ithiria, and Vem. Their specs are nearly unbeatable/unkillable by many and need complete nerfs. Just look at all the "best" players and nerf/adjust their strengths to balance and adjust metas to fix the pvp environment.

Edited by Barrellroll

5 hours ago, Barrellroll said:

I mean, people like Regi, Downonknees, Moosanity, Cutegirl, Jokers, Flark, and Ajax. Their specs are like unbeatable and they need complete nerfs. Just look at all the best players right now and nerf them to adjust balance and fix metas.

are these seasonal players?

23 hours ago, Barrellroll said:

Laughing Skull

maybe your just not geared or skilled enough because in all honesty you can kill anyone in ascension pvp, you just need to acutally put effort into makeing a counter build for them.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, SirGank said:

maybe your just not geared or skilled enough because in all honesty you can kill anyone in ascension pvp, you just need to acutally put effort into makeing a counter build for them.

You are completely wrong. I am fully geared and a good spec and skilled. These players are just taking advantage of the system in place and it needs to be adjusted. I hope a GM looks at this post. I am also constantly updating my previous post to show all of the ridiculous build players I am coming across.

Edited by Barrellroll

wtf, people saying hunter doesnt need buff in pvp? BIGGEST JOKE LOL.

I've played hunter since sargeras and i can still say that hunter is shit in pvp compared to other specs, especially after all our abilities got nerfed in pvp especially explosive shot not proccing 3 times poison anymore and the huge 15-20% reduced pvp damage on all our spells and yes we received buffs thats why we got those nerfs but pvp hunters die easily if they stack damage way too easy compared to other specs and the damage isn't even that high if u go full damage and we receive 1 rap per agility which makes stacking stam/int better choice since we have mana problems and scaling sucks.

Pet's were a problem because of the RE's and the huge health pool that they used to have but now thats fixed and base hunter without pet and fully specced into whatever hunters spec into nowadays (arcane shot,chimera etc) is still weaker than a pet specced hunter even after all the nerfs pet's have gotten. Pets are not supposed to be stronger than the player, thats just so stupid

Posted (edited)

Huh? What is this..

Hunter WAS Overpowered back in Sarg, so that should not be the standard here.

Then they got hit hard by PvP mods and was weak for awhile.
Since then most abilties now have PvP mods and Hunters have come into a very balanced position.
They have a good foothold in the meta, you are clearly not crafting it well or you lack gear/RE's or even ability to play.

I actually got put under immence preasure by a Hunter in WPvP yesterday
who wasnt even out in there full gear and before anyone suggests i am not good
feel free too hit me up for 1v1s on Priest.

The fact Hunter are a good part of PvP right now by using what i can only discribe as, PvE builds with Blazeing Speed
really shows there value as a DPS core.

That said, CC exists.  Most Hunters dont seem know that.
Might i suggest Shadowstep into Shadow Dance with Cheap and Kidney, maybe a Vanish too or..
even Intercept to Intercept there Intercept after they Blink.  (Cheap Shot does not DR with those Stuns).

Nurtuting Instincts 2/2 and Quick Recover 2/2 can also create some sustain from Earth Shield, Riptide + PWS & Barrier with there baseline RE's.

I wouldnt recomend using BM pet and Wrath as its too ability heavy for a build type that is already heavy on AEs for rotation
Feral Spirits would be far more pvp friendly.

Edited by Ashsj1992

Posted (edited)

The player Bothersome on Laughing Skull ESPECIALLY needs a nerf. Rofl. Huge damage and insanely tanky.

Qap - rogue - insane damage

Edited by Barrellroll

8 hours ago, Barrellroll said:

The player Bothersome on Laughing Skull ESPECIALLY needs a nerf. Rofl. Huge damage and insanely tanky.

On 7/17/2019 at 12:36 AM, Barrellroll said:

You are completely wrong. I am fully geared and a good spec and skilled. These players are just taking advantage of the system in place and it needs to be adjusted. I hope a GM looks at this post. I am also constantly updating my previous post to show all of the ridiculous build players I am coming across.

Lel and hunters just got a buff, maybe your just not that good.

Posted (edited)

Qap definitely needs a nerf lol. As well as Dallas, Bavne, Leetbix, Toez, Stubben, Xain, and Alumentor.

and Moosedan could use a look as well. shadow dot damage. huge damage and huge survivability.

Main problem I seem to observe in pvp is damage reduction/absorption as well as huge instant heals and castable heals with or without 50% reduction applied.

(Also generally shadow dots with sustain/dmgreduction/heals needs a nerf) (Also please remove the flag of ownership from bgs. It promotes toxic behavior and deters players from enjoying the server because of the general attitude).

Also on a seperate note a please create a proper bg matchmaking system because at the moment the teams are always stacked.

Thank you!

Edited by Barrellroll