Sign in to follow this  
Dhelep

Ascension's custom "Expansion"

Hey everyone, Dhelep here! Now a thing that has been on my mind recently. Now i know that TBC is coming up, and thats all good. HOWEVER, what if ascension released their own little mini expansion? Hear me out

Now i dont need ya'll to tell me "do you know how much time and programming it'll take" yes, i do infact know that it'll be a tedeous process BUT, wouldnt it be cool to see something thats never before been shown? RIght now we are all reliving old content most of us wow veterans have already seen it.

Wouldnt it be cool to see custom made and scripted dungeons, quest lines and areas? In the server RPH you can make your own area by simply typing in commands and spawning objects in, what if the ascension devs did this?. Now i know what it'll probably be impossible to get custom made mounts and stuff in. But if you look up RPH, you can clearly see you can make your own custom items, areas and such.

I would love to hear all of you players feedback on this, good or bad idea? I personally think it'd be super awesome!

Dude it takes them like 1 year to release a raid, we'ed all be dead from old age before they get even half way done and I'm not even joking.

and yes I know you said "don't tell me how long it's gonna take." Don't care, because you need to understand that makeing an expansion takes blizzard years with hundreds of employees, millions of dollars ect. even if you scaled that down to 1/25 of a regular expansion it would still take such a massive amount of time for the ascension team not to mention a complete waste of time because they don't even have the correct staff, you'd need so many more different types of staff members to make a mini expansion that it would be a very bad idea not to mention creating new content like that is the easiest way for you to get noticed by blizzard, it's one thing to use old content and rework some code to allow classless realm. it's a COMPLETELY  different thing to make your own expasion to copyrighted/ trademarked  material. they'ed shut down the whole project before it even got started.

TL:DR No. to much work more then you'll even understand and blizz will shutdown before it even starts.

Posted (edited)

I think it'd be much easier and way more realistic to do something like custom "raids" where it would spawn you into a Vault of Archavon style mini-raid. They could even use... Vault of Archavon to do it. Could drop pre KT naxx gear if tuned to be comparably difficult.

Edited by ojmcfly

I thank you for all of your posts!

As i said, it dosent need to be a full fledged expansion, it could be an hour or two's worth of custom quests and a new area perhaps?

Posted (edited)

They have a Custom BG in the work since... since... forever ???. Its just a BG an instanced mini zone, no npcs, no quests, just spawned stuff like you write with a simple script (i think the idea was a battle royal map). all we have seen MONTHS! ago is a single screen shot of an area that could be just a screen from Un`Goro Crater. 

So pls noooooo. Just let them finish Naxx and hopefully TBC before Trumps second election <.<

Edited by Vedartha