Sign in to follow this  
Riyact

[Question] High Risk / No Risk PVP

Hi there,

This is more a question and suggestion in one, I was wondering if the following was intended by the development team when implementing the hybrid system.

I was doing an invasion with a small group in high risk, we had a another small group sneak up on us and we started PvPing. The skirmish lasted something like 10-15 minutes, and was pretty fun (more so for them than us considering the gear/level difference) but in the end we decided to switch to no risk and just complete the invasion since in that time we didn't manage to kill any of them, they seemed like seasoned players on the Laughing Skull realm and we just wanted to finish an invasion for the first time. 

Upon returning, but now in low risk, we found ourselves in yet again another PvP scenario with well geared players looking for some action. Unsure if its the same people, but getting ganked over and over we gave up. Group disbands.

Are no risk and high risk players supposed to be able to see each other and PvP in invasions?  To me, this seems like an oversight. There's a difference between World PvP and griefing people while they're aggroing elite mobs in, what I would call, an open world dungeon. If it IS intended, are high and no risk players seeing each other in these areas and killing each other? That seems rather unfair. Going no risk and turning on criminal intent to kill people while theyre trying to do an encounter in high risk (or even no risk for that matter) is.....well, its griefing. Is this how these encounters are supposed to be?

Thanks,

Riyact

Im still new but the only difference between no risk and high risk is that in high risk you have the chance to drop loot if killed by another player. The world is still very much all open to PvP, I think when you venture out in the open world it phases to no risk and high risk phases but the invasion itself is one phase and combines the two groups of players again. Maybe its a population issue and if they keep the split there isnt enough people to do the invasion? Idk. But thats really the only difference i see in the two risks is no risk you dont lose your gear when killed. This is a full pvp realm I believe and the criminal intent allows you to attack your own faction

16 hours ago, Fupaflap said:

I think when you venture out in the open world it phases to no risk and high risk phases but the invasion itself is one phase and combines the two groups of players again.

You see why this is a problem yes? Someone could go no risk in this scenario, and gank people that have high risk toggled on while they're aggroing elites in a scripted encounter. So not only are they not fighting fair, they're getting your loot for pouncing on you while you have elite mobs hitting you. 

If its working as intended, and if that is indeed the case, that's fine. I'll just not do invasions unless I'm no risk, or just not do them at all.

36 minutes ago, Riyact said:

You see why this is a problem yes? Someone could go no risk in this scenario, and gank people that have high risk toggled on while they're aggroing elites in a scripted encounter. So not only are they not fighting fair, they're getting your loot for pouncing on you while you have elite mobs hitting you. 

If its working as intended, and if that is indeed the case, that's fine. I'll just not do invasions unless I'm no risk, or just not do them at all.

The only difference between high risk and low risk is that you don't drop loot when you die.

Don't do the invasions if your not prepared to pvp against people, and when you world pvp it's probably not going to be a fair fight.

38 minutes ago, Riyact said:

So not only are they not fighting fair, they're getting your loot for pouncing on you while you have elite mobs hitting you. 

Ya it's almost like it's high risk, what do you except to happen when you go out in high risk? People being fair? it's world pvp why would anyone be fair and honorable in a HIGH RISK WORLD PVP SERVER FREE FOR ALL!?

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, SirGank said:

The only difference between high risk and low risk is that you don't drop loot when you die.

Don't do the invasions if your not prepared to pvp against people, and when you world pvp it's probably not going to be a fair fight.

I think you missed my point completely. I'm fully for World PvP, and High Risk is fun and exciting. I like playing high risk. I dont mind losing gear or getting ganked or fighting dirty or fair.

What is NOT fair and NOT fun Is when your opponent is no risk and you're high risk.

I'm finding No Risk players in a high risk phase when doing invasions. They can criminal intent and loot you without worrying about losing their own stuff. 

Edited by Riyact

Just now, Riyact said:

I think you missed my point completely. I'm fully for World PvP, and High Risk is fun and exciting. I like playing high risk. I dont mind losing gear or getting ganked or fighting dirty or fair.

What is NOT fair and NOT fun Is when your opponent is no risk and you're high risk.

I'm finding No Risk players in a high risk phase when doing invasions. They can criminal intent and loot you without worrying about losing their own stuff. 

Then don't go into invasions with high risk, you've seen it's a problem so why go into invasions as a high risk?.

just switch to low risk, boom problem solved.

7 hours ago, Riyact said:

Just for clarification, cause I dont know I guess I'm asking, but if youre low risk, go into an invasion and attack a high risk player, do they still drop loot? I thought it was coded that you only lose gear if you're high risk and your killer is also high risk. So if you're high risk and killed by a low risk player in an invasion you don't lose gear. Again I dont know can you say for certain it's working one way or another. Cause if you don't lose gear in this scenario then I'm going to say it's working as intended

You cant drop loot in invasions. You do drop loot on your way to the invasion and once the aura preventing it dissipates once the invasion is finished.