Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Trash Compactor

Season 4 Suggestions (building on Wildcard)

Recommended Posts

Guest Trash Compactor

Hello all! Not sure if these ideas have been mentioned before but just though id drop my two cents in for ideas for future seasons / future iterations of wildcard.

First off i would like to ramble a little about wildcard. I feel like it is a fun and fresh take on an age old game which definitely adds some spice and flavour to the old wow recipe, but after experiencing wildcard on several characters there are some gripes i have with the system, and those include, not getting a useful ability for quite a few levels (i understand that not all abilities can be useful and i'm fine with that, but when you go a 10 level stint without getting something you will actually make use of does sting a bit.) Also receiving a really good ability which is not fitting your current build does hurt too. Here are some ideas to help work around some frequent wildcard issues I've encountered. 

First off the majority of the ideas stem from the Hearthstone 'Discover' or a Draft style mechanic, to start i would allow starting abilities to be chosen and not randomised, at this point everyone trying to get an optimal build is using the reroller addon with an auto clicker or auto hotkey to try and get the perfect starting build, so why not just cut out the middle man and let players choose what they start with? 

1. Upon reaching the milestone levels where abilities would be unlocked (when you get a new spell) present the player with a choice of three spells/ abilities and allow them to pick one of the three, but to take away some RNG elements and increase the need for a bit of decision making remove the two abilities the player didn't choose from the pool of future abilities. So for example you are presented with Beserker Stance / Exorcism / Track Beast, Choosing Track Beast means you will never see BS or Exor ever again.

2. similar to the above with a choose one of three style system, but instead add a rarity to certain abilities (potentially combo abilities) For example Battle stance could be a common ability, while Rend could be Rare and Overpower be Epic. The way these abilities would be distributed would be after two common abilities your next one will be a rare, and every level milestone e.g. 10-20-30-40-50-60 you get an epic ability, i feel that this helps at least keep a builds structure as the more powerful spells in the game will be classes as either a rare or epic, meaning that every few levels or at most every 10 you will be getting a strong ability to your tool kit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

or maybe give a "specialization preference"  where as you can pick tank, melee dps, ranged dps, caster dps, or healer to increase the odds of getting skills in your chosen category.  Not guaranteeing you'll get a melee attack or buff if thats the spec you chose, but the odds are higher of getting something useful.  It would be cool also for that preference to be able to change every 10 lvls or so, incase you wanted a heal or a defensive spell and havn't gotten any. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

the problem with making it easier to build the character is that it'll tend to normalizing the builds again

 

it could be fixed if every now and then when killed in open world (or maybe even raids) you'd reroll a random ability, if your build suxx you'll get a chance to improve when killed too much, if your build is perfect, it'll add some extra risk on dying

Edited by Lance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't understand why people are trying to make wildcard less random, If what you want is to make a more customized build then go to andorhal and LS.

THE WHOLE POINT OF WILDCARD is to have all your abilitys random and you try to make the best build that you can with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SirGank said:

I don't understand why people are trying to make wildcard less random, If what you want is to make a more customized build then go to andorhal and LS.

THE WHOLE POINT OF WILDCARD is to have all your abilitys random and you try to make the best build that you can with it.

 I see your non-sense posts on every wildcard suggestion, stfu your points aren't backed up and are just invalid. Wildcard needs some adjustments or it's going to die. Along with the server. It's not fun playing on legacy realms when they are dead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, seaneffigy said:

 I see your non-sense posts on every wildcard suggestion, stfu your points aren't backed up and are just invalid. Wildcard needs some adjustments or it's going to die. Along with the server. It's not fun playing on legacy realms when they are dead.

So, please tell me my points are invalid would love some proof that they are.

And also tell me how my points aren't backed up. Wildcard is a mode for ascension that's chooses random abilities for the player and it's up to the player to make the best of the abilities they have where exactly is that false,

 

Tell me how both legacy realms are dead. andorhal has a pretty good population right now with multiple raid teams doing AQT content would you like to back your claims up or are you just going to pull stuff out of thin air?

 

Wildcard is dieing because like most seasonal servers in ascension the appeal of wildcard is limiting, no amount of changes will fix wildcard as the whole idea of it isn't made for long term sustainability.

But please prove me wrong with anything I've said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, SirGank said:

So, please tell me my points are invalid would love some proof that they are.

And also tell me how my points aren't backed up. Wildcard is a mode for ascension that's chooses random abilities for the player and it's up to the player to make the best of the abilities they have where exactly is that false,

 

Tell me how both legacy realms are dead. andorhal has a pretty good population right now with multiple raid teams doing AQT content would you like to back your claims up or are you just going to pull stuff out of thin air?

 

Wildcard is dieing because like most seasonal servers in ascension the appeal of wildcard is limiting, no amount of changes will fix wildcard as the whole idea of it isn't made for long term sustainability.

But please prove me wrong with anything I've said.

Andorhal is the most dead realm of them all. Multiple raid teams is nothing. Every zone is barren and only players that play are from the same three active guilds of <20 players on the realm. Clearly people like wildcard and if the server is gonna succeed it needs to make those changes to wildcard or people are just gonna quit after rolling for hours to get shit rng later on. 

Edited by seaneffigy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, seaneffigy said:

Andorhal is the most dead realm of them all. Multiple raid teams is nothing. Every zone is barren and only players that play are from the same three active guilds of <20 players on the realm. Clearly people like wildcard and if the server is gonna succeed it needs to make those changes to wildcard or people are just gonna quit after rolling for hours to get shit rng later on. 

Lol what? andorhal is the most dead?? have you actually been on the realm there are people leveling, multiple guilds with active members 20 players On the realm Lol there are more then that  in FL leaders please show some proof with this laughable accusation. And there are a hell of a lot more then 3 guilds, I can think of at least 10 guilds off the top of my mind, each raiding and having a decent to great number of players active.

 

Yikes, so you make more baseless accusations, don't back up anything you said except with maybe anecdotal evidence and think your right lol. Also still waiting on the proof that my points are invalid you gonna show any proof on that or is it another baseless accusation just like everything else.

 

Sure wildcard is liked but it's also dieing because it's a game mode not meant for long term play and has massive problems with it that will be realized once people start going into bwl and can't pick the required ability's.

 

and for a little information, Andorhal is one of the most active servers in majority of the year, while all other servers have been merging together (there have been two highrisk servers already) andorhal has had a stable and growing population.

 

And yes multiple raid teams means a lot it means that the endgame is active and alive something that is vital to any private server, a active leveling scene means nothing if the endgame content isn't being played, because that's when a server is dead.

 

So I ask again, please provide some back up to your claims rather then just pull things out of thin air. because right now it shows you have now idea what your talking about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Project Ascension

Embark onto Azeroth like never before, as you create and play the hero of your dreams.

Ascension Facebook Ascension Twitter Ascension Discord Ascension YouTube Ascension VK
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you confirm you are 18 or older and agree to ourTerms of Use.