Sign in to follow this  
SirGank

Hybrid system on Laughing skull WHAT?

Posted (edited)

Really dev's didn't you say you wouldn't be adding the system to legacy servers, now you lie to us again? why would you add this with out asking the community at all if they want this. I only see this negatively affecting both legacy servers.

Laughing skull will lose a lot of it's unique ness of having every fight be high risk.

and your taking away one of the core aspects of andorhal away from it.

It also makes no sense because now your just makeing both servers more and more like each other, it's way better to merg the servers then split them, Seems to me like the dev's keep going back on things they say, what exactly is the point in having a high/risk/low risk hybrid server now and also a low risk sever that both have the combine population of one normal server. why not just  merge  them already and just make andorhal a hybrid server. Or is this going to be another screw up that causes the sever to go into decline like all the other times.

Edited by SirGank

Just now, AshleyCX said:

They made laughing skull both low risk and high?

yep check change logs

Good reminder as to why i have stopped supporting Ascension.

Maybe there next step will be to introduce the Wildcard system into LS as well 😂

Have fun with that. 

Posted (edited)

Personally, I'm fine with the change.

While I haven't really had time to experience the hybrid risk system, and can only speak of the concept as it is on paper, I was hoping that this system would have eventually been implemented on Laughing Skull and Andorhal, and that could hopefully also pave the way for a future server merge to help with population issues, once Ascensions's server's could support such a thing, of course. 

Personally, I play on Andorhal (having started on the old Sargeras server and enjoying the high-risk aspect quite a bit), I switched to Andorhal because it supposedly had a higher population. I think it would be a great thing if a high-risk option came to Andorhal, not being forced into it, and also having items not be Soulbound for both sides (that being one of the things I loved about high-risk).

EDIT: To add onto my earlier point, with LS being Hybrid Risk, is there any real reason to play on Andorhal anymore, anyway? I can kinda see this killing the server. I hope they have something in mind to answer that issue.

Edited by Decimus

Just now, Decimus said:

Personally, I'm fine with the change.

While I haven't really had time to experience the hybrid risk system, and can only speak of the concept as it is on paper, I was hoping that this system would have eventually been implemented on Laughing Skull and Andorhal, and that could hopefully also pave the way for a future server merge to help with population issues, once Ascensions's server's could support such a thing, of course. 

Personally, I play on Andorhal (having started on the old Sargeras server and enjoying the high-risk aspect quite a bit), I switched to Andorhal because it supposedly had a higher population. I think it would be a great thing if a high-risk option came to Andorhal, not being forced into it, and also having items not be Soulbound for both sides (that being one of the things I loved about high-risk).

What point is it to have two hybrid servers rather then just merge the two into one hybrid server. their is really no need split the population like this, with out seasonal both servers are on the low end of population.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, SirGank said:

What point is it to have two hybrid servers rather then just merge the two into one hybrid server. their is really no need split the population like this, with out seasonal both servers are on the low end of population.

I hope that this could one day lead to a merge between Andorhal and LS. As long as the new server's can support the influx of players outside of Seasonal times, I think that would be a fine idea, and would also help make the worlds feel slightly more alive during Seasonals as well. One big Hybrid realm, it would feel alive, on and off Seasonal times, and it would let players play the way they want to. I think that's a mighty fine goal to strive for. 

But I can agree, splitting the population so egregiously is never a good thing, and it's always been one of the things that irked me about Seasonal Realms in the first place. But that's a topic for another time.  I would like to see some life brought back into the main realms. 

Edited by Decimus

Posted (edited)

There's a few reasons why looking to merge Andorhal and Laughing Skull in to one hybrid risk realm is a bad idea:

- You will lose the LS players who play for the PvP, most of their juicy targets will now be hanging around in no-risk

- You will lower retention from the low-risk Andorhal players -> Why would they bother to continue to run old raids like BWL for those last few items they need when they can just buy them? 

- One server cannot support the population of Andorhal + Laughing Skull + all three seasonal realms when the seasonals end LOL. The seasonal realms rn can barely support their pop and are laggy as heck. Merging all five servers in to one will not work

- Not to mention the variety of bugs associated with the Hybrid risk system (Low-risk players can KILL high risk players in sanctuary zones, steal their loot) -- This was called an intentional mechanic by dutch in DMs to the player who was killed. This is just one example of the bugs with Hybrid risk, but there are design flaws too. Such as the fact that High-risk isn't risky at all, as people just queue for bg/dungeon to escape a gank lol.

If they continue down this path they will lose so much, I cannot fathom the need to merge Andorhal into LS. Merging them in is a net loss of players....

LS probably shouldn't be hybrid risk, Andorhal definitely shouldn't be hybrid risk...

Edited by Sky

49 minutes ago, Sky said:

You will lose the LS players who play for the PvP, most of their juicy targets will now be hanging around in no-risk

Well that's going to happen to matter what seeing as it's now a hybrid system.

50 minutes ago, Sky said:

You will lower retention from the low-risk Andorhal players -> Why would they bother to continue to run old raids like BWL for those last few items they need when they can just buy them? 

With daily quests and invasions bwl is already less important then it used to be, yes being able to buy gear will make it even less of a priority people will still play it.

51 minutes ago, Sky said:

One server cannot support the population of Andorhal + Laughing Skull + all three seasonal realms when the seasonals end LOL. The seasonal realms rn can barely support their pop and are laggy as heck. Merging all five servers in to one will not work

Sure at the start, but how long will the population last, every time their has been a population boost it's always died down in a matter of months.

53 minutes ago, Sky said:

Not to mention the variety of bugs associated with the Hybrid risk system (Low-risk players can KILL high risk players in sanctuary zones, steal their loot) -- This was called an intentional mechanic by dutch in DMs to the player who was killed. This is just one example of the bugs with Hybrid risk, but there are design flaws too. Such as the fact that High-risk isn't risky at all, as people just queue for bg/dungeon to escape a gank lol. 

If they continue down this path they will lose so much, I cannot fathom the need to merge Andorhal into LS. Merging them in is a net loss of players....

LS probably shouldn't be hybrid risk, Andorhal definitely shouldn't be hybrid risk...

Don't get me wrong, I find the hybrid system a dumb idea as their are to many ways to abuse things to ever make it a possibility with out neutering the system. but we all know that the dev's have a habit of not really listening to the players and just doing their own thing. I can only see andorhal getting hurt more by making LS a hybrid system while andorhal stays the same as it basically steals andorhals shtick

Posted (edited)

I cannot see any specific issues with having hybrid on LS.
A lot of us started there with high-risk yes but with the amount of toxicity and in general just drama it has created, i think it's good with hybrid as it is. Yes there might be a few flaws and problems and bugs that needs to be worked on, but eventually they will be fixed. And actually having some population on the server compared to the previous state of LS is great if it remains.

The only thing the high-risk players lose out on is ganking raids, something which i haven't seen in months and the few times i have seen it the raiders were the ones who receieved items or gold from sellbacks. People since the start of the server hasn't taken their BiS out in world as there is no motivation in for doing so, u only lose out heavily if u get ganked and get marginal gains in duels. Only areas where it actually happens is 1v1 zones which it seems we're finally getting rotating now aswell.

With more population comes more possibility of strong communities and guilds, which means there is a bigger possibility of yet again having big group fights and guild vs guild. Which is by far the most enjoyable aspect of high-risk.

Andorhal still has their shtick which is soulbound, LS does not.
Hybrid will attract new and old players alike, there are tons who are tired of the high-risk aspect but do not want to go to Andorhal.
And the population spike that has already happened since hybrid was implement has meant that dungeons, BGs, and even raid pugs has been happening.
Ive also seen a huge spike in people looking to join guilds, and there are plenty of players around in both low & high-risk phasing.

There are obviously some issues with a merge, but if that is to happen later on hopefully there can be some way both the realms populations can happily co-exist after the functionalities of the new realm has been decided.

And when things like being put on high-risk or at least getting to choose the first time is actually fully functional there should be even more high-riskers around.

Something that should be looked on with hybrid-risk being active is the karma system, as it really just punishes and makes the high-risk aspect of the server slower.

Edited by Cajden
Addition

Posted (edited)
On 5/19/2019 at 8:59 PM, Decimus said:

I hope that this could one day lead to a merge between Andorhal and LS. As long as the new server's can support the influx of players outside of Seasonal times, I think that would be a fine idea, and would also help make the worlds feel slightly more alive during Seasonals as well. One big Hybrid realm, it would feel alive, on and off Seasonal times, and it would let players play the way they want to. I think that's a mighty fine goal to strive for. 

But I can agree, splitting the population so egregiously is never a good thing, and it's always been one of the things that irked me about Seasonal Realms in the first place. But that's a topic for another time.  I would like to see some life brought back into the main realms. 

I would love a server merge too. And to anyone else who agrees don't let the few angry purist high risk fanboys make you feel like you're alone. There are far more players who support both a merg and hybrid risk on legacy realms then there seems.

Edited by Hexent

1 hour ago, Hexent said:

I would love a server merge too. And to anyone else who agrees don't let the few angry purist high risk fanboys make you feel like you're alone. There are far more players who support both a merg and hybrid risk on legacy realms.

LS players may want a merge, but the vast majority of Andorhal players do not, move along ty.

On 5/20/2019 at 8:56 AM, Sky said:

There's a few reasons why looking to merge Andorhal and Laughing Skull in to one hybrid risk realm is a bad idea:

- You will lose the LS players who play for the PvP, most of their juicy targets will now be hanging around in no-risk

- You will lower retention from the low-risk Andorhal players -> Why would they bother to continue to run old raids like BWL for those last few items they need when they can just buy them? 

- One server cannot support the population of Andorhal + Laughing Skull + all three seasonal realms when the seasonals end LOL. The seasonal realms rn can barely support their pop and are laggy as heck. Merging all five servers in to one will not work

- Not to mention the variety of bugs associated with the Hybrid risk system (Low-risk players can KILL high risk players in sanctuary zones, steal their loot) -- This was called an intentional mechanic by dutch in DMs to the player who was killed. This is just one example of the bugs with Hybrid risk, but there are design flaws too. Such as the fact that High-risk isn't risky at all, as people just queue for bg/dungeon to escape a gank lol.

So many misconceptions with your reply.

-LS will get more pvp'ers. In S3 low-risk has just as much if not more WPVP because no one needs to worry about losing their stuff. High-risk also has more WPVP in S3 because players are now able to try it out without having to dedicate all their progress to that character and then lose give it up when they decide they don't like constantly getting ganked in sleaziest ways.

-This won't happen. Even though gear can be bought off the AH in S3 many players still would rather raid or farm in high risk for it. Hell I encounter more raids in seasonal realms than I do in Andorhol when its at its busiest. I'm pretty sure that the ability to get raid ready faster cancelles out what you're talking about here. Also general concensus on Andorhol is that LS players are a bunch of gankers who will foam toxicity at the mouth whether they win or lose and they'd rather not have to deal with that. Luckily this opinion will probably change with the implementation of hybrid risk.

-I actually agree with you on this one. But both of us would likely be proven wrong if the servers were merged. S3 is stable now and the devs learned valuable lessons from the flood of new players to S3. Though I think Abdorhol and LS should be kept seperate for overpopulation concerns but both be made hybrid risk I have faith the devs could pull off a smooth merg.

-lol we'll have bugs regardless. Scripting for Ascension is a nightmare. Adding/changing one thing will always break 10 others. But the devs will fix the broken stuff as soon as they can. Think of it as a price to pay for innovation instead of as something to avoid because if we avoid this implementing new changes because it'll break a couple scripts then we'll never see anything new added.

And its the new stuff that brings in new players and money. As for the "bug" you stated, don't high risk players play for the risk? Whenever someone mentions even the slightest change to high risk they always get so riled up and say something like "High risk is meant to be risky!". Besides avoiding getting killed in sanctuaries is super easy. You'll only get killed if you choose to take the risk and fight back or start the fight yourself. The sanctuary phase is slightly larger than the sanctuary protections. If you run further in town pvp will imediately be turned off for you and if you run further out you'll enter the high risk phase and vanish from the perspective of a low risk player. I've done quite a bit of testing with this in many towns. One could even use this "unphased pvp strip" to gank people constantly yet turn pvp off or vanish into another phase. Don't know if that is against the rules or not though.

These are the good things a merge or even just having a hybrid risk system will bring. 

-better economy

-more stuff on the AH

-faster LFG and raid formations

-more WPVP for both phases

-more people to gank and loot

-LS won't be as dead all the time offseason and will finally have many of its problems fixed.

Again though. I'd like to remind you that I'm against a legacy merge too but only as a just in case precaution to avoid overpopulation issues that probably won't happen thanks to the devs learning from the S3 overpopulation blunder.

7 minutes ago, Sky said:

LS players may want a merge, but the vast majority of Andorhal players do not, move along ty.

Thats not what I've found. Almost every person I've asked in Andorhol said they'd love one as long as hybrid risk was included. Worst case scenario is that we'll have more choice. Move along ty.

On 5/20/2019 at 10:47 AM, SirGank said:

Don't get me wrong, I find the hybrid system a dumb idea as their are to many ways to abuse things to ever make it a possibility with out neutering the system. but we all know that the dev's have a habit of not really listening to the players and just doing their own thing. I can only see andorhal getting hurt more by making LS a hybrid system while andorhal stays the same as it basically steals andorhals shtick

This is the kind of SirGank reply I love. :)

The devs do listen sometimes but its more likely when we talk to them like fellow developers or like we're pitching an idea to a game publisher. Maybe the devs and I just have the same ideas but a couple of my suggestions have become reality after I used this method.

Perhaps Andorhol should be hybrid risk too?

Posted (edited)
Just now, Hexent said:

This is the kind of SirGank reply I love. :)

The devs do listen sometimes but its more likely when we talk to them like fellow developers or like we're pitching an idea to a game publisher. Maybe the devs and I just have the same ideas but a couple of my suggestions have become reality after I used this method.

Perhaps Andorhol should be hybrid risk too?

Dev's 99% haven't listen'ed  to the community when  they've suggested something that would actually help the server and instead do the exact opposite . remember making orb shards drop instead of orbs off bosses and how big of a shitshow that was.

After the seasonal population dies down (which it always does) we'll end up with two servers again the problem now is that they're pretty much the same with the hybrid risk system. why exactly is their a reason we should have two servers one permanently low risk and the other a hybrid, it doesn't contribute anything to the game. now anything that can be done in andorhal can be done in LS which in a way invalidates Andorhal.

That's a huge dick move to do to a server that's been the backbone of ascension sense day one and keep'ed it afloat.

Also the dev's haven't learned anything from the population blunder. we literately had the same problem at the start of 2018. I wonder where all tho's server updates went to last year that they said could hold thousands of players with out lag. instead they're literately doing the same thing as last time and just making more and more servers

Edited by SirGank