Sign in to follow this  
Beastly

Scourge Invasion rewards overtuned. Why play high-risk? (Seasonal)

Posted (edited)

Is it just me or are the scourge invasion rewards overtuned for no-risk players on seasonal?
Atm a no-risk player can go there with absolutely 0 risk, and get several raid items a day with almost no effort, just from doing invasions (guaranteed!).
Meanwhile high-risk players risk getting ganked while farming mobs or doing Crow's Chest, and they aren't even guaranteed any loot from it. They also risk getting ganked while traveling back and forth from invasions.

I honestly like the hybrid system at it's core, but imo the fact that no-risk players can farm epics easily every day without risking anything just seems contradictory and demotivating for high-risk players.
Where's the carrot at the end of the stick? I feel like no-risk players have nearly the same accessibility to epics (outside of raids) as high-risk players do.

Agree/disagree? Tell me your thoughts in the comments below, all opinions are welcome.

Edited by Beastly

I honestly see no problem with it. 
It only means Highrisk (us)  can buy bis gear to wear in world cheaper and easier.
I do feel there should be a long CD to change from High-Risk -> No-Risk for older Char´s. I see people that changes to do invasion, City bosses, Daily Quests. ( and i think that takes away the point of playing high risk).  

Imo-
They should remove Shirt and Tabard from player drops. 
Make it so that everyone only drops 1 item.
Increase Fel com price depending on Itemlevel.  Should increase alot as IL goes up. 
That way perhaps more people would choose high risk. 

Well you see the scourge invasion is actually a catch up mechanic for andorhal and less so for LS for new players who want to get into the end game raids with out having to farm mc/ony/zg/bwl over and over till they can progress and allows older guilds to gear up new players faster.

It's a mechanic that works on servers that are either high risk or low risk, but it was never made with hybrid servers in mind as it's not really a thing worth or even easily balanced.

the point i'm making is that it's made for the older servers (low risk mostly) to catch up players so they can get into end game raids faster and was made with that in mind and not hybrid servers.

19 hours ago, Beastly said:

Is it just me or are the scourge invasion rewards overtuned for no-risk players on seasonal?
Atm a no-risk player can go there with absolutely 0 risk, and get several raid items a day with almost no effort, just from doing invasions (guaranteed!).
Meanwhile high-risk players risk getting ganked while farming mobs or doing Crow's Chest, and they aren't even guaranteed any loot from it. They also risk getting ganked while traveling back and forth from invasions.

I honestly like the hybrid system at it's core, but imo the fact that no-risk players can farm epics easily every day without risking anything just seems contradictory and demotivating for high-risk players.
Where's the carrot at the end of the stick? I feel like no-risk players have nearly the same accessibility to epics (outside of raids) as high-risk players do.

Agree/disagree? Tell me your thoughts in the comments below, all opinions are welcome.

You do realize that you can freely change between highrisk and norisk any time you visit the NPC right? There is no point of doing invasions as a highrisk like you said you can be ganked when you go back or something, or even 1v1'd you can't expect that you can kill everyone . So why dont you just swap to no-risk when it benefits you the most? Same with high risk. If you wanna grind mobs and have chances for raiddrops, you swap.  No-Risk and High risk is a choice you can make up your mind whenever keep in mind.

I agree, i feel like many players arent motivated to raiding and esecially dungeons cause invasion rewards are so overtuned that you can do 1 ivasion, sell your epic and get full dungeon gear + an another epic from ZG. Invasions are ruining the motivation for people do do end game content IMO

Guest Sour

Agree! There is no need to do anything else then Invasions which aren't even that fun to do. Hopefully they will lower the drop chance again at the release of MC.

I think dailies are fine now and do not often grant an epic, change Invasions to the way they were!