Guest Weawery

I have just 2 questions

Guest Weawery

I downloaded the launcher yesterday and had like 10 minutes to wander around on elune and just wonder about everything. I really like the idea of the server and the wildcard system.

1. Firstly, i've heard buzzwords like blizzlike when people talk about ascension and yesterday i leveled up crazy fast. what server should i play on to get the blizzlike gameplay with the wildcard thing.

2. Aaaand secondly, how do i train or get the skills in the massive selection of talents? i leveled to the about 10ish or something and got only attributes.

the realm you played was season 3 you do not get to pick skills as you randomly get them as you LVL ... 

In regards to the speed of lvling this realm has increased exp due to you having wild card on  

On 4/21/2019 at 12:54 PM, Guest Weawery said:

I downloaded the launcher yesterday and had like 10 minutes to wander around on elune and just wonder about everything. I really like the idea of the server and the wildcard system.

1. Firstly, i've heard buzzwords like blizzlike when people talk about ascension and yesterday i leveled up crazy fast. what server should i play on to get the blizzlike gameplay with the wildcard thing.

2. Aaaand secondly, how do i train or get the skills in the massive selection of talents? i leveled to the about 10ish or something and got only attributes.

It's more blizzlike in progression then anything else.

You're playing on a season server which is currently set to wildcard meaning you don't get to choose your abilitys just talents, andorhal and ls are the options you want to pick if you want to choose abilitys. currently the season is the most popular as it's the freshest, andorhal is the most stable server and the most popular when seasonal isn't around. ls is pretty much dead so I wouldn't go their if you plan on casual play or wanting to raid on a constant bases.

Hello!

Welcome to Seasonal!  I, myself, play on Shadowsong and am also, fairly new.

I feel like the previous posts have attempted to answer your questions but have indirectly avoided them, so I hope to clarify some information for you.

As advised, you get your skills, randomly, as you level up.  In order to train them, however, as you asked, you will still need to go to each classes' trainer in order to to train new ranks.  This is certainly time consuming, especially if you get class abilities that belong to classes that cannot be found in the same city!

So save you time, you can ask in the major cities, if anyone is willing to let you use their book.

The book is Book of Ascension.  It is something you can get for donating to the server and it allows you to train all your skills at the book, without seeking out a trainer.

While skills are random, talents are specific.

If you open up the Character Advancement window - Click on the class you want to view (Balance Druid, for example).  Now, clicking on the left side of your window will open up Spells, clicking on the right will open up Talents.

Some Talents offer abilities as well.  Note that these cannot be bought but instead, will be placed in the pool of random abilities once you reach the right level.  You can hover your mouse of a Talent (or Spell) to see it cost - If it costs Talent Essence, you can buy it - If it costs Ability Essence and/or Talent Essence, you cannot.

If you want a more "blizzlike" experience.  There are merchants that sell a potion that will reset the XP rate back to 1.0x (As Wildcards are 1.5x, I believe)

The only such merchant, that I know the location of, for sure, is in Northshire Abbey, the human starting area - Never looked for it elsewhere.

Hope that clears up some things :)

Happy hunting!